Bourbon / Whiskey

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! I probably should invite you all over for a tasting. We do tastings all the time at our house with our friends. Here was the Blantons "Blind" tasting we did a few months ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! I probably should invite you all over for a tasting. We do tastings all the time at our house with our friends. Here was the Blantons "Blind" tasting we did a few months ago.

Wow! Talk about pulling out all the stops!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! Talk about pulling out all the stops!
I'm telling you dude my wife went bourbon crazy during the pandemic. I started getting pissed every time she brought home a new bottle. I finally told her that she needed to kill a bottle before buying another one. Yeah that didn't work...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm telling you dude my wife went bourbon crazy during the pandemic. I started getting pissed every time she brought home a new bottle. I finally told her that she needed to kill a bottle before buying another one. Yeah that didn't work...
Maybe I need a new wife? I wish I only had a whiskey/bourbon problem. I am an equal opportunity drinker. (for the good stuff)

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Maybe I need a new wife? I wish I only had a whiskey/bourbon problem. I am an equal opportunity drinker. (for the good stuff)

Wow, what a spread! You guys are making me feel better about my alcohol consumption :D

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a spread! You guys are making me feel better about my alcohol consumption :D
Yeah. I go overboard. There are probably about 25 bottles I don't have in the speakeasy because they don't fit/I'm too lazy to organize.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was thinking that too, but I usually follow the 'drink one before buying a new one' rule, and that could throw the numbers way off! I mean, 750ml is a typical weeknight for everyone, right?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that too, but I usually follow the 'drink one before buying a new one' rule, and that could throw the numbers way off! I mean, 750ml is a typical weeknight for everyone, right?
Even that is too much for me. 2 nights maybe. :D

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have sadly killed many a 750ml bottle in one night over the years…. I’m a mess I know.

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I go overboard. There are probably about 25 bottles I don't have in the speakeasy because they don't fit/I'm too lazy to organize.
My wife has her collection scattered all over the house. It’s pretty much embarrassing. There isn’t a location in the house where you can’t see at least one bottle. Is that Feng Shui???

Oh and I want to see the speakeasy. We have talked about turning our den into a 1920s speakeasy. Going to replace the double doors with a hidden bookshelf Murphy door.

Attachments

• 47282060-6BDE-4A2A-B1E6-9B540BBCF511.jpeg
    47282060-6BDE-4A2A-B1E6-9B540BBCF511.jpeg
    349.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 0AF081C8-1E3E-43E9-B769-33461E1F2BB3.jpeg
    0AF081C8-1E3E-43E9-B769-33461E1F2BB3.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 9D9D70D3-2672-4EEE-B92D-A5FC2C31517B.jpeg
    9D9D70D3-2672-4EEE-B92D-A5FC2C31517B.jpeg
    393.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 0448417D-9C68-4795-A8B7-08D5FA2CE49F.jpeg
    0448417D-9C68-4795-A8B7-08D5FA2CE49F.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife has her collection scattered all over the house. It’s pretty much embarrassing. There isn’t a location in the house where you can’t see at least one bottle. Is that Feng Shui???

Oh and I want to see the speakeasy. We have talked about turning our den into a 1920s speakeasy. Going to replace the double doors with a hidden bookshelf Murphy door.

Sweet fancy Moses! What time does happy hour start?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It isn't a true speakeasy with the bar and the decoration and everything... Just the Murphy hidden door. That white part that you can see to the left, is the Murphy door. This is what it looks like with the door closed.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't a true speakeasy with the bar and the decoration and everything... Just the Murphy hidden door. That white part that you can see to the left, is the Murphy door. This is what it looks like with the door closed.

Awesome! Did you install that murphy door yourself?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Did you install that murphy door yourself?
I did. I wish I would have prepped the wall where the door opens better so it was cleaner.

The major problem with it is that the door is like 120lbs.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did. I wish I would have prepped the wall where the door opens better so it was cleaner.

The major problem with it is that the door is like 120lbs.

Nice! We have double doors so I want to do a french door bookcase like this:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! We have double doors so I want to do a french door bookcase like this:

So you will have two 125lb doors, lol. As long as you have a friend to help you install and you are handy, it isn't that hard.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up these 8 bottles for less than half of what I’d pay at the store. A guy on FB on a bourbon page I’m apart of was selling due to a move greatly discounted.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked up these 8 bottles for less than half of what I’d pay at the store. A guy on FB on a bourbon page I’m apart of was selling due to a move greatly discounted.

That's a great deal at half price! Love me some Old Forester and Angels Envy. Visited both distilleries on the Kentucky Bourbon trail.

If you get a chance, try the Smoke Wagon Uncut Unfiltered. It's pretty fantastic but will put some hair on your chest. I don't think I've tried the regular Smoke Wagon. They are from Las Vegas I believe.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

Nice pickup!

Tell ya what though, if I'm moving I find a place in my bag for those.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to highlight one of my favorite sipping bourbons that won't break the bank at around $55 if you can find it. I found a couple at Total Wine last month being held at customer service. If you get a chance this one is fantastic "Neat" as it is just under 89 proof and drinks really smooth with a hint of spice.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Just wanted to highlight one of my favorite sipping bourbons that won't break the bank at around $55 if you can find it. I found a couple at Total Wine last month being held at customer service. If you get a chance this one is fantastic "Neat" as it is just under 89 proof and drinks really smooth with a hint of spice.

The Total Wine thing is really important - for those who don't know, if you go up to the customer service desk at Total Wine, they typically have some really good/harder to find bourbons there. Just ask!

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Total Wine thing is really important - for those who don't know, if you go up to the customer service desk at Total Wine, they typically have some really good/harder to find bourbons there. Just ask!
They had a couple bottles of Widow Jane Lucky 13 and a bottle of Compass Box Hedonism (delicious Scotch) the last time I was in there.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
They had a couple bottles of Widow Jane Lucky 13 and a bottle of Compass Box Hedonism (delicious Scotch) the last time I was in there.
Nice finds! Well worth a stop by before exploring the rest of candyland.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison