Durant to Suns

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It happens sometimes but in fairness, it didn't happen here. Jae was part of the Durant trade, for all we know it was the only way the deal would have worked for Brooklyn and Milwaukee. And then we depleted our bench even more by giving away Saric who only recently had started playing more like the Dario of old.

A team can't lose starters and rotation players like Cam Johnson, Mikal Bridges, Dario Saric and Jae Crowder and not replace them. This has to all be considered.

The Suns gave up too much. At some point, a team has to know where to draw the line in a trade. Brooklyn got EVERYTHING they wanted.

They are now relying on Bazley, Warren, Wainright and Cam Payne, who hasn't been consistent for two seasons, all the while hoping Durant gets healthy.

The Suns needed to add to the team... not take away from it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A team can't lose starters and rotation players like Cam Johnson, Mikal Bridges, Dario Saric and Jae Crowder and not replace them. This has to all be considered.

The Suns gave up too much. At some point, a team has to know where to draw the line in a trade. Brooklyn got EVERYTHING they wanted.

They are now relying on Bazley, Warren, Wainright and Cam Payne, who hasn't been consistent for two seasons, all the while hoping Durant gets healthy.

The Suns needed to add to the team... not take away from it.
I'm just not sure how much of the blame for all this should fall on the GM.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Welp I hate to say it because I’ve always enjoyed your posts even when disagreeing them, but I gotta put mainstream on ignore. The every other post complaining about a trade that’s been consummated and will have years before we know the outcome is just too much clutter.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp I hate to say it because I’ve always enjoyed your posts even when disagreeing them, but I gotta put mainstream on ignore. The every other post complaining about a trade that’s been consummated and will have years before we know the outcome is just too much clutter.

:violin:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do what you like but I was responding to your post. I have a right to my own opinion.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns FO and ownership thought this trade through, they had to see all that could go wrong.

I can't believe there is already talk of trading Durant.
Huh?! That’s true of any move you make. Just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t mean they see it the same way you do. You are acting like they should agree with you.

Also, every team looks ahead at possible windows they keep players. That’s not the same thing as actively planning to trade players. Again, what front office doesn’t?!?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No drama, just not readable at this point. Not even remotely personal like most of my ignores. I’m sure I’ll take it off at some point unlike others where I’ve done it because I’ve figured I don’t need to hear anything from those other posters.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Even so, in comparison to the Nash trade, I think the risk side dramatically outweighs the risk side of the Durant trade.

If Nash didn't pan out... then one the back end of the deal, we're wasting some cap space. If Durant delivers anything less than a title, this trade is potentially one of the worst trades in NBA history.

In the off season of 2024 it is a near certainty that we wouldn't be able to trade Durant for a player of Bridges caliber, straight up. That is 16 months away... and even after that reality comes to pass, we will still owe 3 unprotected firsts and a pick swap.

Anything less than a title in the next 2-3 years and this is one of the all-time disaster trades. I hate being in that position, because winning a title is freaking hard. The Bulls and early 2000s Lakers made it look easy, but the league was not as competitive as it is now. Even if Durant is healthy, I'd still peg us as a dog to the Bucks and Celtics.
The late picks mean squat - what stings is Bridges and Bridges only. There was no guarantee that Johnson would be resigned. The real value of having Durant outside of playoffs will be the caliber of FA talent that will come and play in Phx next year

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has there been a status report on the progress of KD's recovery yet? Anyone know the approximate target for his return?

TIA

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way they were making it sound on the radio is it's out of KD's hands as well or he would have been back sooner.

I'd feel a lot better if I saw Durant in some shooting or workout videos. Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing him recently.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Huh?! That’s true of any move you make. Just because you don’t agree with it doesn’t mean they see it the same way you do. You are acting like they should agree with you.

Also, every team looks ahead at possible windows they keep players. That’s not the same thing as actively planning to trade players. Again, what front office doesn’t?!?
just admit it was an awful trade.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that you're ready to cast judgement on the trade right away, yet anyone who says anything about the Cards FA period is immediately a chicken little and making judgements far too early.

Incredible mental gymnastics, par for the course.
wrong AGAIN.

You should try being right once in a while. Reading comprehension can be fun!

Back on ignore for you. :rolleyes:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd feel a lot better if I saw Durant in some shooting or workout videos. Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing him recently.
I have not seen any but in the last pre-game they mentioned he looked good in shootaround.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I can't. I can't see into the future over the next couple season. I can admit this is an awful take oh...
Carnac the Magnificent.
yea-- they sacrificed their future for an washed up bum who is hurt all the time.

Fire the GM over this already, unless he can talk a team likethe Bulls into taking KD for a young talent like Patrick Williams

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea-- they sacrificed their future for an washed up bum who is hurt all the time.

Fire the GM over this already, unless he can talk a team likethe Bulls into taking KD for a young talent like Patrick Williams
Sky is falling...sky is falling. Dude...let's wait to see how this unfolds over the next couple season before going all chicken little.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose