Zach Allen Signs with Denver

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah, I usually advocate a bit of patience, but we aren't hearing a peep this year. We have ample reasons to be suspicious that this team is going to suck a big one.
Well that just means you learned from being burnt by that position last year . . .

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is funny is I like Jalen Thompson. I wanted to re-sign him. I just recognize that Zach Allen was a more productive player at a more important position.
Same. I’m commenting on the argument that somehow Jalen was more impactful than Allen and that’s why it was fine to give one a contract and let the other walk.

That said, valuing safeties who generally aren’t huge playmakers makes very little sense when building a defense and salary structure.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I mean to be fair pretty much everyone on this board was ecstatic with his extension. Has been viewed as a player we needed to keep no???
Yeah, has anyone complained about his extension? Thompson is what you SHOULD DO - reward young players that show promise BEFORE they hit the open market.
That said, valuing safeties who generally aren’t huge playmakers makes very little sense when building a defense and salary structure.
We doubled down there, along with TE/ILB. The amount of resources we've dedicated to non-premium positions is staggering.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Agree Ouchie, but I'm going to give this regime the benefit of the doubt until they prove me otherwise.
What has this regime done to earn the benefit of the doubt from you?

We are very clearly on a Houston Texans rebuilding plan. Four-year rebuild in the NFL with a franchise quarterback under contract.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What has this regime done to earn the benefit of the doubt from you?

We are very clearly on a Houston Texans rebuilding plan. Four-year rebuild in the NFL with a franchise quarterback under contract.

They're not Keim/KK. That's all I got. They can't possibly be worse.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I appreciate how Cards fans feel. I also agree he was the Cards’ best remaining DL. That said, his season was good, not great. Watt drew the double-teams. The Cards had a tough call as I mentioned earlier; pay Allen on performance or pay him on potential. If the Cards offered $12 mil per season and got beaten by the Broncos’ $15 mil per season, that’s what the cap forces. I’m good with not overpaying him. I’m withholding judgment until I see where FA ends up. The Cards have money and there are still productive players out there. Good DLs are had to find, but I’m not rushing to judgment until I see a finished roster. Signing Beachum means Jones starts at RG. That could work with good coaching. If they keep Hernandez and draft a top rookie center, the OL could be solid with just a little depth needed. The DL will need attention even if Allen had stayed.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I appreciate how Cards fans feel. I also agree he was the Cards’ best remaining DL. That said, his season was good, not great. Watt drew the double-teams. The Cards had a tough call as I mentioned earlier; pay Allen on performance or pay him on potential. If the Cards offered $12 mil per season and got beaten by the Broncos’ $15 mil per season, that’s what the cap forces. I’m good with not overpaying him. I’m withholding judgment until I see where FA ends up. The Cards have money and there are still productive players out there. Good DLs are had to find, but I’m not rushing to judgment until I see a finished roster. Signing Beachum means Jones starts at RG. That could work with good coaching. If they keep Hernandez and draft a top rookie center, the OL could be solid with just a little depth needed. The DL will need attention even if Allen had stayed.
Doesn't Hernandez play RG? Apparently he played some LG during his disasterous NYG tenure.

Hump - Hernandez - Price - Jones - Beachum

Yikes. Kyler should retire.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Jones was terrible at Right Guard, and we need three serviceable tackles.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, just like how last season the Cards had to replace 17.5 sacks (42% of their total of 41 sacks). This season the Cards have to replace 20.5 sacks -- a whopping 57% of their 2022 total.

So, Dennis Gardeck has a lot of work to do. I'm sure there's a very good plan.
Imagi....nevermind.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I do have some questions about Allen which is curious. First of all, as some cited, I do not consider him injury prone due to the position he plays and the insane number of games guys have to play now in a 17 game season (as mentioned, a running back who is the main ball carrier seldom will play a whole season without missing a few). My questions, or rather question, about him was the injury at the end of the season which held him out. I believe it was due to his finger if I remember correctly. Could he had not played with a cast? Because the guy does not play in the secondary (though Larry Wilson says that not an excuse), or even a LB. Was the current staff just saving him for next season in a washed season, or was Allen not tough enough to play with a hurt finger (which is perplexing because he had I believe a injury to his achilles or something like that which he did play through injury)? Maybe I forgot the actual extent of the injury, but it did seem strange he was sidelined over that

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I do have some questions about Allen which is curious. First of all, as some cited, I do not consider him injury prone due to the position he plays and the insane number of games guys have to play now in a 17 game season (as mentioned, a running back who is the main ball carrier seldom will play a whole season without missing a few). My questions, or rather question, about him was the injury at the end of the season which held him out. I believe it was due to his finger if I remember correctly. Could he had not played with a cast? Because the guy does not play in the secondary (though Larry Wilson says that not an excuse), or even a LB. Was the current staff just saving him for next season in a washed season, or was Allen not tough enough to play with a hurt finger (which is perplexing because he had I believe a injury to his achilles or something like that which he did play through injury)? Maybe I forgot the actual extent of the injury, but it did seem strange he was sidelined over that
Well, he played the previous year with torn ligaments in his ankle and the team chose not to give him a long term deal. Can't fault guys for putting themselves first when they play for a clown organization that doesn't treat them well.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Harry any free agents u would sign at this point?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose