Vikings Sign Byron Murphy

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a question to ponder...guys in the media, like Rapport, are reporting these as Murphy and Allen being 'big-time' defenders or big time signings...but if either of these guys were leaving the Vikings or Broncos to sign with AZ, would they really be considered big time? I don't think so.
your skills as Cardinals hype man are only exceeded by one poster here.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
They called the Waller trade a “blockbuster” I was like huh? An oft injured 31 year old TE at start of coming season for a 3rd rounder is a blockbuster???
It's all hyperbole and clickbait along all fronts of the media now, but as most of us would agree for the Cardinals Allen/Murphy were basically Hall of Famers compared to a majority of the roster Keim has left us with lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Antonio Hamilton is still available

I actually like him but not as a starter. I like Wilson but now we have to replace the guy who would have started opposite him. I get it, it's a CB heavy draft so if you can stockpile picks maybe you can draft a guy who in 2-3 years will be as good as Murphy, and then let him go.

Unless they know something the Vikings don't about his health, and they might, I just don't see why we didn't keep him for that money.

If you saw the response from Watt to Zach Allen signing with Denver and how much he loves Zach it just sucks. He's never going to be JJ Watt but young guy, works hard, improved every year, why not keep him?

I'll wait until after the draft and FA is over but so far I'm not overly impressed.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
Lmao.

Glad we let Allen walk so we could keep Murphy.

Ossi must be sleeping. Or maybe he's in Thailand celebrating his signing with Klownsbury.

This is simply a dead franchise.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Don't jump on me guys for mentioning this name but I think he shown he has at least deserves a roster spot and was rather surprised by his play towards the end of last season, Christian Matthew... being a late round division II pick does not mean we should forget about him, and with his height he is after all the anti-Cardinal

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't jump on me guys for mentioning this name but I think he shown he has at least deserved a roster spot and was rather surprised by his play towards the end of last season, Christian Matthew... being a late round pick does not mean we should forget about him, and with his height he is after all the anti-Cardinal
Agreed. Showed some promise.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't jump on me guys for mentioning this name but I think he shown he has at least deserves a roster spot and was rather surprised by his play towards the end of last season, Christian Matthew... being a late round division II pick does not mean we should forget about him, and with his height he is after all the anti-Cardinal
We’re going to be the least talented roster to ever win a Super Bowl #Birdcity

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We've now officially been kicked in both nuts - I may have been too optimistic in predicting 2 wins this season - almost like they're going to make Kyler Murray do it all on his own and if he can't they'll have one of the top 2 picks to replace him with

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've now officially been kicked in both nuts - I may have been too optimistic in predicting 2 wins this season - almost like they're going to make Kyler Murray do it all on his own and if he can't they'll have one of the top 2 picks to replace him with
I mean, we already know he can’t… Not to mention, it usually takes most athletes the second year before they’re fully recovered from an ACL and they’re back to normal.

Last edited: