Vikings Sign Byron Murphy

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man, I was actually liking the things we were doing right up until this point. After letting Allen go, there was no reason to allow a young up and coming CB who we drafted and developed leave to another team on such a team friendly contract. Pure silliness.
Not silliness at all. He was not drafted by MO/Gannon, and he’s been injured a LOT. Bidwill hired these guys to make dramatic changes to an archaic system that was broken. There WILL be short term pain as a result. Who didn’t see this scorched earth process coming???? If it means we won’t be a pansy finesse team in a couple years, then I’m onboard. And I’m tired of having players on this team that are consistently unable to play due to injuries. MO made it perfectly clear that in addition to tape & interviews, physical health will play a huge part in who he wants on this team. Be happy he doesn’t want injury plagued guys.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not silliness at all. He was not drafted by MO/Gannon, and he’s been injured a LOT. Bidwill hired these guys to make dramatic changes to an archaic system that was broken. There WILL be short term pain as a result. Who didn’t see this scorched earth process coming???? If it means we won’t be a pansy finesse team in a couple years, then I’m onboard. And I’m tired of having players on this team that are consistently unable to play due to injuries. MO made it perfectly clear that in addition to tape & interviews, physical health will play a huge part in who he wants on this team. Be happy he doesn’t want injury plagued guys.

Hmm I can definitely think of another player that checks all these boxes.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hmm I can definitely think of another player that checks all these boxes.
It’s OK to mention Murray by name here. It won’t hurt my feelings one bit. Gannon seems to believe in Kyler or he wouldn’t have taken this gig. And we’ll find out soon enough how long this honeymoon between the two will last. Doesn’t take an Einstein to realize that it was impossible because of KM’s contract to even consider giving up on Murray. If Murray isn’t the answer, he’ll be gone in 2 years. It’s that simple. My money is on him proving otherwise. What we don’t know is if he can stay healthy. Even I can’t predict that.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s OK to mention Murray by name here. It won’t hurt my feelings one bit. Gannon seems to believe in Kyler or he wouldn’t have taken this gig. And we’ll find out soon enough how long this honeymoon between the two will last. Doesn’t take an Einstein to realize that it was impossible because of KM’s contract to even consider giving up on Murray. If Murray isn’t the answer, he’ll be gone in 2 years. It’s that simple. My money is on him proving otherwise. What we don’t know is if he can stay healthy. Even I can’t predict that.
PA, what's crazy, and I'm starting to allow it to gain more traction in my head, is that I don't believe that Kyler IS his guy. We seem to be heading to a situation in which we can usher in 2 years of trash truck juice product in the field, and then Gannon and Monti will be allowed to choose whom they want to take over this team. I just don't see them making any attempt to maximize Kyler's ceiling with the Cardinals and that is obvious with the tank job they have forced upon us.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been here since day one. I have seen worse.
This coming season could debate that assertion. Our only voice for displeasure is in the wallet. But you obviously like pain :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This coming season could debate that assertion. Our only voice for displeasure is in the wallet. But you obviously like pain :)
So, if we dropped our tickets you are implying that no one else would come in and purchase them and that move would hurt the team financially? Uh, our seats would be scooped up in minutes and the team would not know any difference. How would that change anything at all?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Good to know that he's up front and center as a liability.

Eh, Ganon was offered a HC job and given an opportunity to bring in his guys. Sure he may like Murray, but it would be silly to think he's tied to him in any way and came here specifically for him, a semi unproven, oft injured QB that's now going to take a huge cap hit at the start of his rebuild.

Sure we can't dump him this year, but if we really are going for scorched earth rebuild, keeping him is not the way to go. He won't prove his worth in a down year coming from ACL injury, so then we gotta wait another year, and maybe we do "okay" and get a 10-15 pick the following year (2025) and out of reach for a QB.

But depending on where we draft next year, and if we get top 2, it would be a major blunder to not take a top QB and start over.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, if we dropped our tickets you are implying that no one else would come in and purchase them and that move would hurt the team financially? Uh, our seats would be scooped up in minutes and the team would not know any difference. How would that change anything at all?
More and more opposing fans… he sits in that stadium on Sundays…. Let him feel it more and more and more. I could call them today and pick up tickets again easy peasy in damn near any section of that stadium. it’s not like these are the GB Packers or NY Giants waiting list. The only thing you’d be losing is your SB ticket lottery positioning lol…. You could jump back in at anytime. :)

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
I think MB is playing a dangerous game here. You had a 4 win team, and now youre only star player is hurt and you are tanking?....and you raised ticket prices 25%???

At what point to we just stop selling tickets?? I wouldnt pay to see this team next year.

I think this is dangerous for Gannon too. I'm sure hes been told by MB that he is safe this year no matter what...but what if he puts out a team that is Wilkes level unwatchable....can't cross the 50 yard line...every game feels like torture. MB has fired his last 2 coaches, why wouldnt he can Gannon as well?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I think MB is playing a dangerous game here. You had a 4 win team, and now youre only star player is hurt and you are tanking?....and you raised ticket prices 25%???

At what point to we just stop selling tickets?? I wouldnt pay to see this team next year.

I think this is dangerous for Gannon too. I'm sure hes been told by MB that he is safe this year no matter what...but what if he puts out a team that is Wilkes level unwatchable....can't cross the 50 yard line...every game feels like torture. MB has fired his last 2 coaches, why wouldnt he can Gannon as well?
Wilkes had 1000% more talented team than this. This is a full on , on purpose tank.

Gannon knows it, Monti and MB know it.

This time next year were going to be set up great. Probably the first overall pick, and lots of money to rebuild the roster

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This really isn’t about the rookie contract $$ or Kyler. I’m only speaking of Caleb not getting the same hype next year as he’s getting now. Wouldn’t even be surprised if Maye was ahead of him in the draft process by this time next year.
You better believe I am hammering Maye if he is decent +odds to go #1 next year

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Im not sure why everyone is so down... this team WITH d-hop, Allen, and the great Byron Murphy SUCKED.

In 1-2 seasons we are going to be able to watch and develop up to 20 new players at skill positions. Something this team has needed since the 2004 draft class

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I predict this
I can see Byron Murphy becoming one of the best free safety in the nfl
I would think having to tackle as much as safeties do and help in run support, having a bad back wouldn't be good for his career. He needs a position with as little head on contact as possible, IMO.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Im not sure why everyone is so down... this team WITH d-hop, Allen, and the great Byron Murphy SUCKED.

In 1-2 seasons we are going to be able to watch and develop up to 20 new players at skill positions. Something this team has needed since the 2004 draft class
The solution for a historically bad franchise is rarely more losing. It is just the more comfortable option because losing is something the franchise knows it can do.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score

Monti better be the best talent evaluator in the history of the NFL. You are only expecting him to hit at a clip that has never been seen in the history of the NFL. Develop 20 NFL starters from the draft and UDFA in 2 years?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Monti better be the best talent evaluator in the history of the NFL. You are only expecting him to hit at a clip that has never been seen in the history of the NFL. Develop 20 NFL starters from the draft and UDFA in 2 years?
hell yeah brother...gonna be lean for a while but it will pay off in dividends

• Haha
Reactions: PJ1

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose