Cardinals come tied last in NFLPA player poll

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
"what's past is prologue" - William Shakespeare

Simeon Rice is probably somewhere saying...... YUP!

Screw this franchise man. Literally screw them.

Demolished in the playoffs on MNF.
1 win at home the next year.
Raise season ticket prices by 25%
Be the last team to get your new coach. And he's super green. So is his staff. Thus making me think they were gotten cheaply.
Treat your players like crap.
Make excuses year after year and expect your fans to fall for it time after time.

BIRD CITY *******!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Players have eyes. Players talk to each other. Players already knew this and signed here before.

Nobody ever said "No thanks. I don't want your $10 million dollars because the weight room is shabby"

When the money is close to the same, a player is going to choose the better organization and facilities.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Players have eyes. Players talk to each other. Players already knew this and signed here before.

Nobody ever said "No thanks. I don't want your $10 million dollars because the weight room is shabby"
Well I would hope the free agents we are looking to sign have other options available. They can get their $10 million from someone else. Charging for meals and uneven flooring for the weight room is absurd. I guarantee you that sort of thing makes our facilities a downgrade from any D1 college facility.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lots of things matter. This is just 1 and it fairly minor falling behind things like weather, is it good for my family? How far is it to travel home? Do I like the HC? Who are my defensive/offensive teammates? What are the state taxes?

Are the facilities shabby probably doesn't come top 10.
Source that your list matters more to a free agent than anyone else’s? Give me a break.

The very existence of the list suggests it matters.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Suns added a new practice facility at 44th Street and Camelback in Phoenix, it was a huge help in attracting quality free agents.

How a team treats players matters. It's not just money.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Suns added a new practice facility at 44th Street and Camelback in Phoenix, it was a huge help in attracting quality free agents.

How a team treats players matters. It's not just money.

The one that really stands out is the opinion of how a team treats your family.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Source that your list matters more to a free agent than anyone else’s? Give me a break.

The very existence of the list suggests it matters.

The list exists because the NFLPA asked players to do it to put pressure on teams to improve facilities for their players.

My source is basic logic and the fact that in the entire history of the league no player has ever said "I nearly joined X team but I didn't like their facilities"

There ain't a player ever said "I like the team. I like the coach. I like the QB. The weather is great. Its only 2.5% tax. That's all great, but I can't accept that dodgy floor and the lockers need more space"

Never has a player that's played for us said they signed elsewhere because of the facilities, and many have criticized other things after leaving.

Its short sighted of Mike and things do need improving. But if Mike or Keim ever got even the slightest whiff that they lost out on a player due to facilities they would have done something about it. And they would hear it through agents.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The one that really stands out is the opinion of how a team treats your family.
Does it state more?

For some reason I'm thinking back to the talk somewhere that we gave real cheap seats to players wives/families.

I'm sure it can be more. But it's vague.

I'm wondering how bad exactly is it. Bad seats bad, or something much deeper?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That is messed up. I wonder how much of that was tied to Keim though. He seemed sleezy and cocky. Like you should feel blessed to be in his presence.
Good point. All the ex-cards bashing him and his demons coupled with bidwill's hi$tory.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
My source is basic logic and the fact that in the entire history of the league no player has ever said "I nearly joined X team but I didn't like their facilities"

This kind of comment is truly the last refuge of the damned. It's the moral equivalent of "Why doesn't a player just come out and say that Kyler is a spoiled brat?" The reason is that the NFL is a fraternity and no player is going to take a dump on another franchise because he could be looking for a job with that franchise in nine months!

Add in to the fact that probably 80% of free agents sign their deals without ever setting foot in the team facility. I actually don't think state taxes are really an issue here for the same reason; it's in the weeks for a 25 year-old.

But if Mike or Keim ever got even the slightest whiff that they lost out on a player due to facilities they would have done something about it.

Talk about an assertion without any foundation. Why does the break point have to be "losing out on a player due to facilities"? Can't you just take pride in the idea that you have a state-of-the-art training center? I'm sure Dignity Health is super-amped by this report.

Wouldn't it be sweet to have Will Anderson in for a visit and not have to apologize that the facilities are not as nice as what he's leaving in Tuscaloosa?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m obviously WAY out of touch, but why wouldn’t players pay for their own food when they’re training? I’ve never worked for a company where the cafeteria food was free? It’s no wonder this country is a mess. And these players have more money than God. It’s no wonder these primadonna’s have no respect for anything. It’s a good thing I don’t own a football team lol. And trust me, not many on this board criticizes the Bidwills as much as I do. Michael, fix the damn facility though!!!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Charging the players for food just creams poverty franchise. Wasn't there a story from a player stating they had to pay for Gatorade back before the move to the stadium? Sounds like things haven't really changed that much.
I heard the taco food truck was pretty good!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Lol, this will really kick them into action.

For all those selling Michael as some sort of savior from the old man, your stance becomes more ridiculous each year.

Poverty franchise, poverty owner. It would have been better for all of us if AZ passed on Bidwill.
I’ve taken quite a bit of criticism for saying there was not a big change of philosophy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose