Cardinals come tied last in NFLPA player poll

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How did I try to spin it? I created the thread!

I can say it sucks and at the same time think it's not worthy of a massive pile on.

Sub par player facilities rank very low on the list of things I think are important. That's not to say its nothing but if it's cash to pay signing bonuses of star FA signings or improving facilities I'll go players every time.

"This sucks. Mike fix it" and not "Mike is the wooorrrrsssttt"

What else Mike can do to make him the 33rd worst owner of the NFL?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am going to dial back on my Bidwill comments coz I don't want Bidwill to come after me. 99 cents says the dude is reading the forum.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This clown Bidwill is basically a dictator.

Cheap bastard & overstepping boundaries showing up in film sessions demanding coaches to brief you after film review.

What a loser.
It’s also now fair to question if pick compensation was the actual reason we didn’t get Payton.

The Broncos didn’t give up anything near the 3rd pick in the draft, we whiffed on our first choice for GM, with rumors swirling that we low-balled the GM candidate. Also, apparently Philly offered our HC more money to stay there as DC which could be evidence we got our guy cheap, the relative inexperience/lack of success with our coordinators could also speak to you get what you pay for.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What matters to me is what players - both current players and prospective free agents - think is important.

Players don't think it's important. This survey isn't players saying it's important.

They were asked to answer a questionnaire.

If players thought it was important nobody would sign here and our own players wouldn't re-sign here.

On a players list of importance none of this makes the top 10.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sad thing is for a fleeting minute this franchise has turned a corner...atleast I thought following Ken Whisenhunt and Bruce Arians eras.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is embarassing but not surprising in the least.… and great timing going into Free Agency!

Players have eyes. Players talk to each other. Players already knew this and signed here before.

Nobody ever said "No thanks. I don't want your $10 million dollars because the weight room is shabby"

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess where you can understand Kyler was coming from wanting to rehab/workout anywhere not in the cheap ass Arizona Cardinal facility owned by Mr. Cheap ass himself.

I guess no one on the Board should now complain about Kyler doing his rehab near his home in Dallas!! It will be safer!!! :bang:
Jinx!

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, you just don't understand the grading.

They just asked players to rank each by letter grade, then compared it to all other teams.

It just means a lot of teams have very good strength coaches for example.

I understand this, just that it's weird most was A-B or F.

K9 highlighted that the ones we were rated high on were directed toward people they wouldn't likely put on blast. The rest weren't. (so there's a good chance that not all these guys are quite as highly rated).

I was trying to get at the weirdness/inaccuracies of human nature/emotion instilled in the poll, and thus the format of allowing such a report that almost guaranteed extremes.

It's still telling, and we all get what it means regarding Bidwill's, but I believe the structure of the NFLPA poll makes it look a little worse (overall) for teams.

Despite that, I'm sure it's a more accurate reflection of us than (generically) some other teams.

shocker:: we're cheap. Ugh.
But overall how cheap? Because in a sense, while the lower-rated aspects might be a bit too low, the things we were rated higher, might be a bit too high. So we still might effectively be overall lower rated than it states.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

K9 highlighted that the ones we were rated high on were directed toward people they wouldn't likely put on blast. The rest weren't. (so there's a good chance that not all these guys are quite as highly rated).

I was trying to get at the weirdness/inaccuracies of human nature/emotion instilled in the poll, and thus the format of allowing such a report that almost guaranteed extremes.

It's still telling, and we all get what it means regarding Bidwill's, but I believe the structure of the NFLPA poll makes it look a little worse (overall) for teams.

Despite that, I'm sure it's a more accurate reflection of us than (generically) some other teams.

But overall how cheap? Because in a sense, while the lower-rated aspects might be a bit too low, the things we were rated higher, might be a bit too high. So we still might effectively be overall lower rated than it states.

I swear I read all of that.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They actually released a leaked pic of the locker rooms. Sad times.
You must be registered for see images attach
Literally reminds me of my locker rooms in middle and high school in the SUSD from the 90's.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Players have eyes. Players talk to each other. Players already knew this and signed here before.

Nobody ever said "No thanks. I don't want your $10 million dollars because the weight room is shabby"
Yeah but amenities matter when two teams are going after the same $3-$5 million guy.

The NFLPA put together and published this survey for a reason—to pressure franchises to offer better fringe benefits (DYK that 20 teams offer child care? Crazy!) that aren’t part of the CBA and the costs of which are absorbed wholly by the team. Great work by them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess people love a good rage at the franchise and have been jonesing for a new fix.

1. It's not good. Mike should fix it.

2. Everyone already knew this. We knew it. All players round the league know it. The only new thing is its on paper.

3. It's never had a noticeable effect on FA in the past and it won't this year.

4. Mike has the money to fix it. He bought a freaking airplane. He said just this week he's spent over $100m on the stadium. He can afford $10m on the facilities.

5. We have a new GM and a HC that's just come from some of the best facilities in the league. I imagine it's already on the list to do.

6. The report helps. Nobody likes to get trashed publicly. This should inject some urgency.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah there's a huge amount of bias in a poll like this.

Look at the Travel section where they got B-. Players complained they used a smaller private plane this year so there were less lie down seats when we are one of only 2 teams with a team plane!

Other teams are flying commercial and our players are marking us down because of less lie down seats.

But we all knew facilities were lacking. They do need work.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah but amenities matter when two teams are going after the same $3-$5 million guy.

The NFLPA put together and published this survey for a reason—to pressure franchises to offer better fringe benefits (DYK that 20 teams offer child care? Crazy!) that aren’t part of the CBA and the costs of which are absorbed wholly by the team. Great work by them.

Lots of things matter. This is just 1 and it fairly minor falling behind things like weather, is it good for my family? How far is it to travel home? Do I like the HC? Who are my defensive/offensive teammates? What are the state taxes?

Are the facilities shabby probably doesn't come top 10.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson