OT: Carson Wentz released

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I never had a very high opinion of him. Talk about a great example of why not to trade up too much for a guy (although the Eagles got a Super Bowl anyways).

That said, I wouldn't be totally against considering him as an option to back up Kyler/start the beginning of the season. I prefer Brissett, Minshew, and likely a few other guys, but I wouldn't despise the move.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I never had a very high opinion of him. Talk about a great example of why not to trade up too much for a guy (although the Eagles got a Super Bowl anyways).

That said, I wouldn't be totally against considering him as an option to back up Kyler/start the beginning of the season. I prefer Brissett, Minshew, and likely a few other guys, but I wouldn't despise the move.

I heard Chris Long talk multiple times about how terrible of a teammate Wentz is. He is widely known as a terrible presence in the locker room. He is were he is for a reason

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wentz is better than Brissett but...

I hear he's a massive D-bag. So going to say no.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We may all think of Wentz as having a pretty ho-hum career, especially for such a high pick, but he’s made $105m combined from the teams he’s played on. Financially he’s had an incredible career and could hang it up at any time with no financial worries for him or his family for many generations.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We may all think of Wentz as having a pretty ho-hum career, especially for such a high pick, but he’s made $105m combined from the teams he’s played on. Financially he’s had an incredible career and could hang it up at any time with no financial worries for him or his family for many generations.
So did Sam Bradford and then he fleeced us for another 40M. Keim should have been fired then, let alone keep his job for 4 more years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He’s actually made over $128 million in his career. Great for him getting that bag. I have no desire to have him on my team.

Chase Daniel has earned over $36 million in his career. He’s dropped back about 300 times over 13 NFL seasons. Absolute Sigma Male.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I would be totally against signing him, the guy has regressed to the point of uselessness with no redeeming qualities left... Brissett and Minshew have at least shown they can win games without being a problem

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I would be totally against signing him, the guy has regressed to the point of uselessness with no redeeming qualities left... Brissett and Minshew have at least shown they can win games without being a problem
To be fair... Gardner Minshew has literally only won two games in 12 starts over the past three seasons. He's 8-16 all time. Carson Wentz is one season removed from a 9 win season and throwing 27 TDs.

Minshew's a fun follow but the love is going a little bit too far for a guy who couldn't squeeze out a win with a hyper-talented roster to lock in the #1 seed.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Signing Wentz would be a huge negative indicator for this front office.

While I agree, it's obvious we are going to need someone to start likely a minimum of 1/3rd of the season(perhaps much more) next season and the options available aren't exactly good to say the least. Beggars can't be choosers really.

I don't think the front office will go in that direction though. (I hope)