Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also said he had 'unique' assets.

Am I the only one waiting with to hear who the OC & QB Coach are going to be?
I'm curious to see who is the OC, DC and QB coaches

Who he brings in will make a difference

BTW: BIM Bated

Which is correct baited breath or bated breath?

As an adjective, baited means “loaded with bait to lure an animal.” It is also the past tense of “bait,” which can mean either “use a lure” or “taunt.” Bated means “in an anxious or excited way.” In modern English, this word only commonly appears in the phrase bated breath.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if the thing Monti/Gannon disagreed on was Simmons. Or at least how to use him. Watching PHNX made a good point how the Titans/Colts (where Gannon was at the time) might have had two different views on Simmons 3 year ago.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that it matters too much, but I was extremely impressed with his press conference.
It doesn’t matter at all but I am happy to hear Vance is gone. I was concerned they wouldn’t cut him loose.

For the record, I am cautiously, guardedly optimistic at this point. It may work…it may not work.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t matter at all but I am happy to hear Vance is gone. I was concerned they wouldn’t cut him loose.

For the record, I am cautiously, guardedly optimistic at this point. It may work…it may not work.
At least it’s a full clean slate. That in of itself has me more optimistic than I’ve been in a long time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The clip with Gannon and the players was kind of cringe.
I’m glad I didn’t watch. I’m beyond agnostic on the new coach and will do everything I can within my power to keep it that way. Didn’t watch a second of today. Talk is cheap.

I’m just glad EVERYONE on the sidelines and in the FO is making major decisions are gonzo. Sadly, that’s the low bar the Cardinals needed to clear for Cheese to be okay. They did that. Can only hope for the best moving forward.

That said, if they’re charging a 25% increase in season tickets after the vomitous crap they put on the field the last 1.5 season, the franchise is still a bunch of cacca-doodoo-heads.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So many things he said I like & will be totally different than KK.

Adaptability: not being married to a certain system, adapting week to week & game to game depending on the opponent.

Accountability: holding players & coaches accountable for not doing their jobs.

Team first: identifying & finding players that put the team first when building this roster.

Playing to Kyler's strengths, showing him how the defense is playing him & what to do to overcome that.

Said in another interview that he's gonna run it down your throat & throw it over your head.

Gonna use 11, 12 & 13 personnel.

Already disagreed with Monti so that tells me he's very comfortable in his vision of what this team should look like.

Loved that he said that they will be teaching in practice every single day to get better.

This is gonna be night & day from what we witnessed the last 4 years guys, I'm fired up & can't wait for FA & the draft.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many things he said I like & will be totally different than KK.

Adaptability: not being married to a certain system, adapting week to week & game to game depending on the opponent.

Accountability: holding players & coaches accountable for not doing their jobs.

Team first: identifying & finding players that put the team first when building this roster.

Playing to Kyler's strengths, showing him how the defense is playing him & what to do to overcome that.

Said in another interview that he's gonna run it down your throat & throw it over your head.

Gonna use 11, 12 & 13 personnel.

Already disagreed with Monti so that tells me he's very comfortable in his vision of what this team should look like.

Loved that he said that they will be teaching in practice every single day to get better.

This is gonna be night & day from what we witnessed the last 4 years guys, I'm fired up & can't wait for FA & the draft.
There’s really nothing he said should make anybody unhappy. Of course today is a lot of lip service and it will be a while before we see the nuts and bolts.
That being said if the last regime was still in place I don’t think I could best it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard