Official UFC/MMA Thread

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So to answer your question first a takedown in an of itself is not anything special if they don't achieve control after it. It also doesn't mean much if they don't improve their position. If they do and are attempting submissions or landing punches. They are winning the round. If the fighter on the bottom is landing shots and attempting submissions then that takedown isn't worth anything.

On the 30-27 card that was for Quinlan. One judge had it 29-28 Schiro and I scored it 29-28 Quinlan.

Hope that helps. If not we can continue this conversation. Or if you have other questions.
It definitely makes sense and it is pretty much like UFC rules. I usually only watch UFC these days, so I didn't know that the rules on takedowns are essentially the same. The way that you and I both scored it was exactly the same. I also have no problem 29-28 either way. I was only miffed by the 30-27 Schiro.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It definitely makes sense and it is pretty much like UFC rules. I usually only watch UFC these days, so I didn't know that the rules on takedowns are essentially the same. The way that you and I both scored it was exactly the same. I also have no problem 29-28 either way. I was only miffed by the 30-27 Schiro.
It wasn't 30-27 Schiro that card was for Quinlan. MMA rules are unified rules of scoring. Also the judge that scored it 30-27 Quinlan has done several UFC fights including one main event.

I went to the abc conference to get my certification. It was taught by UFC judges.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't 30-27 Schiro that card was for Quinlan. MMA rules are unified rules of scoring. Also the judge that scored it 30-27 Quinlan has done several UFC fights including one main event.

I went to the abc conference to get my certification. It was taught by UFC judges.
Oh okay. See, I was already getting confused because of the trunk/glove colors. Rounds 1 and 3 were so close, I could see a judge scoring it that way.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Oh okay. See, I was already getting confused because of the trunk/glove colors. Rounds 1 and 3 were so close, I could see a judge scoring it that way.
Best way to tell and what I use is the color of the tape on each fighters gloves.it will either be red or blue. But I really focus on learning their names during cage walk and introductions. Also might add Schiro is the home town boy and it's his promoters show. His brother fights in belatore. Along with several other fighters from that gym.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Here is a televised fight I judged. If you watch it tell me what you think about the decision. For the record my scorecard is read last and determines the winner. (Judge Rogers) I am the big guy with the grey beard for those of you who don't know me. Black suit with a red tie. I have not re-watched the fight, so I am interested in your thoughts.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Bump @Ronin tell us how you seen it?

@Finito would like to hear what you think.

This is a great fight to talk about scoring and why judges can differ.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I thought Volk made a good showing of himself. No one was been able to get up from Islam like he did.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose