Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Believe what you want dude was NEVER coming here! Just another BS excuse for some of you to point at Murray it’s beyond ridiculous. Go where the team paid you a ton and has a franchise that’s 1000 times more success or go to the crap ass Cards that have less talent yeah real hard decision…
If kyler was the player you and your cronies thought he was he would be attracting top head coaches, not scaring them away. So much sad copium going on in this thread.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the very least, our quarter of a billion dollar dollar "franchise" QB doesn't appear to be a significant positive incentive to attract a coach. The fact he may be a factor(regardless to what degree) in coaches actually not wanting to be here is depressing.
Post ACL tear, The physical questions combined with the mental questions is just a rough combo. Without the big physical questions now, I still think he would have been more a carrot dangling in front of prospective coaches.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Post ACL tear, The physical questions combined with the mental questions is just a rough combo. Without the big physical questions now, I still think he would have been more a carrot dangling in front of prospective coaches.
True. Agree completely. It is a bad combo of Kyler struggling significantly for a season+ now and the injury he is unfortunately dealing with. I can understand why many coaches would be hesitant. They may feel their job security could be largely dependent on how Kyler performs when he returns.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Whether deserved or not KM has a serious image / reputation problem that needs addressing.
He has no one to blame but himself. Its his own undoing. He's still a kid but has to grow up.

Kid, prove your detractors wrong, grown up and become a leader. Show some commitment and drive.
You have a chance to turn this franchise around. You want to be someone or someone that collects a paycheck?
Warner and Palmer achieved greatness with the fans in 3 years. What have you done in 3 years other than bitch, pout and whine and got your HC fired?

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Those Strahan comments are pretty accurate. They aren't exactly a hot take, either. It's pretty well known that the next head coach needs to mesh much better with Kyler than Kliff did to fix whatever is broken with him.

Also, Mikey B must be stoked that Kyler is taking so much of the heat for yet another botched head coaching search by the Cards.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
At the very least, our quarter of a billion dollar dollar "franchise" QB doesn't appear to be a significant positive incentive to attract a coach. The fact he may be a factor(regardless to what degree) in coaches actually not wanting to be here is depressing.
This.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dan Patrick banned for discussing Kyler’s high school career.

Honestly can you think of another professional athlete where people consistently bring up how good they were in high school? Embarrassing.

JJ banned for bringing it up, too. Patrick gave JJ every chance in the world to say something nice about Kyler. Kyler’s apologists should really think about what JJ’s silence might indicate.
While I agree with the irrelevance of Kylers highschool career in terms of what he can be going forward, people are bringing it up because its flabbergasting to see how far from the expected path he has strayed. Combined with his supreme unlikeability, he's approaching Ryan Leaf levels of disdain from everyone around him. So I see why people still bring it up. He was the golden boy. He's nowhere near that now. And he hasnt realized it yet, and folks are flummoxed.

Man, I just this minute got done watching that video. I hate reading between the lines, but that interview was the most scathing thing Ive ever seen from a teammate about who KM is as a QB and a team leader. Wasnt hard to suss that out at all. If JJ Watt has nothing nice to say about you, you might be a complete POS. Very disheartening, albeit impressive, the way he steered himself out of that conversation...

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
At the very least, our quarter of a billion dollar "franchise" QB doesn't appear to be a significant positive incentive to attract a coach. The fact he may be a factor(regardless to what degree) in coaches actually not wanting to be here is depressing.
yep

I think its the coinflip nature of the outcomes on Kyler that is wiggin HCs out

it just feels like either Kyler will work, or, it will be an ugly disaster

and owners tend to want to start fresh if its a disaster

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either Kyler turns it around within the next 2 years HE will be gone. His failure to step up may very well preserve the new head coach for a couple of more years.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i am so interested in seeing how this goes;

the optimistic take:
Kylers bad attitude was mainly a function of believing Kliff's gameplans were bad and was over his head as a HC. Both injury and the public beating he is taking makes him resolve to show his critics how wrong they are and dedicates himself to his craft.

the pessimistic take:
Kyler only likes football on Kylers terms. He believes the problems to date with play are 100% due to a bad roster and coaching around him on a bad franchise. Now that he has his money, he will do what he needs to but not much more. Will not play a down in 2023.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
I've been saying to just let VJ take HC for a couple years so we can ride out this inevitable dead zone. No reason to ruin young, up-and-comer....

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
While I agree with the irrelevance of Kylers highschool career in terms of what he can be going forward, people are bringing it up because its flabbergasting to see how far from the expected path he has strayed. Combined with his supreme unlikeability, he's approaching Ryan Leaf levels of disdain from everyone around him. So I see why people still bring it up. He was the golden boy. He's nowhere near that now. And he hasnt realized it yet, and folks are flummoxed.

Man, I just this minute got done watching that video. I hate reading between the lines, but that interview was the most scathing thing Ive ever seen from a teammate about who KM is as a QB and a team leader. Wasnt hard to suss that out at all. If JJ Watt has nothing nice to say about you, you might be a complete POS. Very disheartening, albeit impressive, the way he steered himself out of that conversation...
Jay Cutler not Ryan Leaf. Leaf had substance abuse issues that led his career down the path it did. Cutler was as talented if not more than Kyler but his personality caused him to underachieve. (I understand Cutler was not as hyped as Kyler out of college)

Status
Not open for further replies.