Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
K9……not many on this board eventually have to eat crow like you do my friend. Sure, go ahead and kick the man as he’ll be away from the game for a while now. But, don’t worry, we’ll keep that plate of crow warm for you when Murray returns.
So what is your take on JJ Watts interview?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
News tip: JJ promotes JJ.
News tip… JJ promoted Kyler before he played with him:

The idea that JJ only talks about himself is one of the single dumbest things I’ve ever read on this board in an attempt to defend Kyler Murray. Even beyond the easily found link above, we just watched an entire season of Hard Knocks where JJ talked about EVERYTHING, constantly.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there one soundbite of ANYBODY in the NFL (player, coach, etc) coming to Kyler's defense? I'm serious. I'd like to see one as it seems the detractors are so easy to find.

From Budda in December
"For me, I can just say that K1 [Kyler Murray] has grown so much. He's a great player of course … On the field he demands excellence. If he messes up, he wants to run it back. If a player messes up, he wants to run it back as well. Just a true professional that of course is angry about us not winning games as well and is a true winner. So [Murray] is a guy who just comes into work each and every day and wants to be great and have his teammates trust him, and we trust him."

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
From Budda in December
"For me, I can just say that K1 [Kyler Murray] has grown so much. He's a great player of course … On the field he demands excellence. If he messes up, he wants to run it back. If a player messes up, he wants to run it back as well. Just a true professional that of course is angry about us not winning games as well and is a true winner. So [Murray] is a guy who just comes into work each and every day and wants to be great and have his teammates trust him, and we trust him."
Link?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Budda in December
Thank you.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint you. What did you make of the J.J. Watt video?

Oh I'm kidding with you of course.

JJ certainly didn't jump at the opportunity to sing K1's praises, that's true. But neither did DP press him for an answer, and it wasn't like they talked about Kyler for 10 minutes.

Honestly, I put it under the category of things that make you go "hmmmm", but also not damming.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Oh I'm kidding with you of course.

JJ certainly didn't jump at the opportunity to sing K1's praises, that's true. But neither did DP press him for an answer, and it wasn't like they talked about Kyler for 10 minutes.

Honestly, I put it under the category of things that make you go "hmmmm", but also not damming.

I mean, he asked him twice at least, and J.J. didn't respond. That's about as damning as it gets.

I'm sorry, but this is a Hate On Kyler thread only. No positivity, even with evidence, is allowed. ;)

Listen to the interview and it sure seems like Smith says "Hey he got paid and he's still showing up to work. Just goes to show you."

Very low bar Kyler's teammates are holding him to.

Again, actually listen to this interview (it's like the first minute) and tell me that this is a full-throated endorsement of Kyler Murray. Rich Eisen gives Budda a chance to deny what Patrick Peterson is saying and Budda demurs.

Everyone understands that Kyler hates to lose. What he does with that energy is an open question, and how he's dealt with recent adversity and the adversity that is sure to come.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler has his own set of issues.
Bidwill's handling of Kyler/the Cardinals helps add fuel to the fire.

As Cowherd said months ago the leaks were likely from Bidwill. Extensions to Keim/KK.

Not hiring a coach yet thus creating more speculation/doubts about the QB. (Its Super Bowl week in Arizona the media heads are gonna talk about something)

I think somewhere along the way Kyler thought how Aaron Rodgers handles himself was ok for him to do the same. Difference being Rodgers had 10+ years of excellence before his weird quirks became an issue. He's learning a hard lesson that one bad season can undue whatever good you did for a couple seasons.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listen to the interview and it sure seems like Smith says "Hey he got paid and he's still showing up to work. Just goes to show you."

It sure sounds like you're hearing what you want to hear. Which is fine, you can interpret it how ever you want, but I guess it pointless to post quotes/clips of teammates trying to have Kylers back at this point with all of the established biases in both sides who will read init the way they want.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it distasteful.

Yeah we get it, Kyler Murray is a shorter than average NFL QB, but that's not germane to this conversation.
It's also baordline child abuse IMHO to force a children that small to put that kind of stress on their body. If that was from the Chinese Gynastics team, we'd all be up in arms over it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It sure sounds like you're heading what you want to hear. Which is fine, you can interpret it how ever you want, but I guess it pointless to post quotes/clips of teammates trying to have Kylers back at this point with all of the established biases in both sides who will read init the way they want.
Okay. He literally says that Kyler got paid and he’s still working. Put as much faith as you want in the unvarnished truth from a rookie late-round pick.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. He literally says that Kyler got paid and he’s still working. Put as much faith as you want in the unvarnished truth from a rookie late-round pick.
I'm not forming an opinion one way or another based on all of this. I want a coach that meshes with Kyler and I want to see how that works.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I mean, he asked him twice at least, and J.J. didn't respond. That's about as damning as it gets.

Very low bar Kyler's teammates are holding him to.

Again, actually listen to this interview (it's like the first minute) and tell me that this is a full-throated endorsement of Kyler Murray. Rich Eisen gives Budda a chance to deny what Patrick Peterson is saying and Budda demurs.

Everyone understands that Kyler hates to lose. What he does with that energy is an open question, and how he's dealt with recent adversity and the adversity that is sure to come.

No. "As damming as it gets" would be if they actually said something, you know, bad about K1. But they didn't. Okay?

I get that JJ and Budda not coming out in full-on support of Murray is concerning. You and Chopper have a point there. But please don't extrapolate it out to more than that. If neither one of them say neither good nor bad things about Murray, that's concerning, but it's more inconclusive than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson