Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those Strahan comments are pretty accurate. They aren't exactly a hot take, either. It's pretty well known that the next head coach needs to mesh much better with Kyler than Kliff did to fix whatever is broken with him.

Also, Mikey B must be stoked that Kyler is taking so much of the heat for yet another botched head coaching search by the Cards.

That was a level headed reply

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kyler’s bad attitude only exists when he is struggling and we are losing football games. Just win and it doesn’t matter nor will it get talked about.

Obviously winning is the best deodorant, but even good teams are going to lose about 1/3 of the time. Great players fall in love with the process and work every day to get a little bit better.

That J.J. Watt could have easily said, "I don't know what everyone sees on their screens exactly. What I've seen in the locker room the past two seasons is a guy who works his arse off to be the best player he can be and wears his heart on his sleeve 100% of the time. If the cameras capture that, whatever. The whole team loves and believes in Kyler Murray."

J.J. is savvy enough to know exactly how he's going to come off when he does something like this.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to snipe, but that sounds like a front runner mentality.

Lots of kids these days can't handle adversity well because they are so used to constant success. Him struggling with it is as much on the KK brothers as it is on him though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler’s bad attitude only exists when he is struggling and we are losing football games. Just win and it doesn’t matter nor will it get talked about.
I think this is an oversimplification. Just look At Baltimore right now. For the last two seasons there’s been questions swirling about Lamar’s future, sitting out games the team expected him to play, missing half seasons and not winning like he used to. Yet you still have teammates STRONGLY supporting him like Andrews here:

No one is saying anything like that with Kyler. I mean, JJ Watt imploded to the point of becoming a deaf mute for 3 minutes when asked about Kyler.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Obviously winning is the best deodorant, but even good teams are going to lose about 1/3 of the time. Great players fall in love with the process and work every day to get a little bit better.

That J.J. Watt could have easily said, "I don't know what everyone sees on their screens exactly. What I've seen in the locker room the past two seasons is a guy who works his arse off to be the best player he can be and wears his heart on his sleeve 100% of the time. If the cameras capture that, whatever. The whole team loves and believes in Kyler Murray."

J.J. is savvy enough to know exactly how he's going to come off when he does something like this.
I don't think Dan shut up enough to give JJ time for a thoughtful response, tbh. Reading the comments below the initial DP Show tweet showed most of them to really be bashing Dan for a poor interview with JJ, not JJ refusing to answer.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jay Cutler not Ryan Leaf. Leaf had substance abuse issues that led his career down the path it did. Cutler was as talented if not more than Kyler but his personality caused him to underachieve. (I understand Cutler was not as hyped as Kyler out of college)
Great comparison! Although, I don't think we'll ever see Kyler ever trying I smoke on the sideline. But otherwise, you are spotn on.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Sure, he could have said that or the opposite had he been asked a direct question.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's more character assassination on this site than a sewing circle in an old age home.
To be clear, Im not assailing his character, Im judging it based on what public behavior Ive seen, and what others around him, with direct connection have to say (or not say). Watching that JJ Watt interview was the first time ive worried that he may not actually be fixable. I also still feel he can, but its getting dark....

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be clear, Im not assailing his character, Im judging it based on what public behavior Ive seen, and what others around him, with direct connection have to say (or not say). Watching that JJ Watt interview was the first time ive worried that he may not actually be fixable. I also still feel he can, but its getting dark....

Wasn't pointing at anyone in particular—just a theme.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there one soundbite of ANYBODY in the NFL (player, coach, etc) coming to Kyler's defense? I'm serious. I'd like to see one as it seems the detractors are so easy to find.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Dan shut up enough to give JJ time for a thoughtful response, tbh. Reading the comments below the initial DP Show tweet showed most of them to really be bashing Dan for a poor interview with JJ, not JJ refusing to answer.
If JJ wanted to answer, he could have. No problem. It wasnt until he faltered that DP started pushing. ANd he kept pushing back. SO obvious to me

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If JJ wanted to answer, he could have. No problem. It wasnt until he faltered that DP started pushing. ANd he kept pushing back. SO obvious to me

JJ is smart and has been interviewed 1001 times.

Unless he has something to promote, he'll only venture a response to a properly structured question.

Media Relations: 101

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. It’s not JJ is some kind of shrinking violet. Dude is a big personality who loves to yap and it was pretty clear, this was one moment he had almost zero desire to. It’s not rocket science to connect the dots why.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJ is smart and has been interviewed 1001 times.

Unless he has something to promote, he'll only venture a response to a properly structured question.

Media Relations: 101
Lol… he wouldn’t say good things about Kyler unless he had something to promote? Well, I think you just showed exactly what happened here. He couldn’t promote Kyler so he said nothing.

I mean, the above is treating a notorious talker/interviewee/media personality like he’s Shawn Marion who couldn’t speak without sounding like he had marbles in his mouth.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is there one soundbite of ANYBODY in the NFL (player, coach, etc) coming to Kyler's defense? I'm serious. I'd like to see one as it seems the detractors are so easy to find.

It can be found (I've seen quotes, but won't be doing the search)

That said: any negative or seemingly so have been blown up, repeated and at the end, he's buried under a mountain of innuendo.

Negative gets eyeballs, ears and click... click... click.

Create a news site dedicated to nothing but positive news, and you'll be out of business in a quarter. ;)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Well, if the tweets say it then I guess you're right. :rolleyes:

Just sweet, sweet denialism from another Kyler Murray apologist. At least you're showing up to make the effort. @nashman @PACardsFan @SoonerLou @Crimson Warrior can't even bother to show up and explain how Actually JJ Watt Is The Problem Probably

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It can be found (I've seen quotes, but won't be doing the search)

That said: any negative or seemingly so have been blown up, repeated and at the end, he's buried under a mountain of innuendo.

Negative gets eyeballs, ears and click... click... click.

Create a news site dedicated to nothing but positive news, and you'll be out of business in a quarter. ;)
Just one?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol… he wouldn’t say good things about Kyler unless he had something to promote? Well, I think you just showed exactly what happened here. He couldn’t promote Kyler so he said nothing.

I mean, the above is treating a notorious talker/interviewee/media personality like he’s Shawn Marion who couldn’t speak without sounding like he had marbles in his mouth.

News tip: JJ promotes JJ.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, if the tweets say it then I guess you're right. :rolleyes:

Just sweet, sweet denialism from another Kyler Murray apologist. At least you're showing up to make the effort. @nashman @PACardsFan @SoonerLou @Crimson Warrior can't even bother to show up and explain how Actually JJ Watt Is The Problem Probably
K9……not many on this board eventually have to eat crow like you do my friend. Sure, go ahead and kick the man as he’ll be away from the game for a while now. But, don’t worry, we’ll keep that plate of crow warm for you when Murray returns.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
K9……not many on this board eventually have to eat crow like you do my friend. Sure, go ahead and kick the man as he’ll be away from the game for a while now. But, don’t worry, we’ll keep that plate of crow warm for you when Murray returns.
The threat of needing to eat crow on a fanboy message board is laughable. If you dont think EVERY SINGLE ONE of Murrays detractors wouldnt shovel it in by the truckload if he comes back all fire and brimstone and kicks ass up and down the field, youre crazy. All we want is this team to win, and have its players do their jobs well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose