The Durant Sweepstakes

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My kid is trying to convince me, Cam at PF, Whoever at Center, Booker and Bridges at Guards, and KD at small forward. Plus KD can bring the ball up, and he's used to running an offense, too.
And he's a good defender too. But the problem isn't how he plays, it's IF he plays that concerns me.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
And he's a good defender too. But the problem isn't how he plays, it's IF he plays that concerns me.
KD helping on D helps a lot. Great players help the guys around them. Just depends on what we can get at Center if Ayton goes.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Has anyone been following the heater Cameron Thomas is on? Had 44 last game and 48 tonight for the Nets.

Getting rid of Kyrie might be a bigger addition by subtraction situation than any of us realize.
I did not know that. I think the nets got 2 good players. The Nets were going to lose Irving this offseason anyway so they might as well get the best compensation for him. Both players can make game winning plays in key moments as they did many times for Dallas. DFS is probably a better offensive threat than he gets credit for. The question I have is if it is true that irving wanted to go to the Lakers or is that just the lebron factor in the sense that the national media seems disappointed that he didn’t land there.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not know that. I think the nets got 2 good players. The Nets were going to lose Irving this offseason anyway so they might as well get the best compensation for him. Both players can make game winning plays in key moments as they did many times for Dallas. DFS is probably a better offensive threat than he gets credit for. The question I have is if it is true that irving wanted to go to the Lakers or is that just the lebron factor in the sense that the national media seems disappointed that he didn’t land there.

Kyrie has talked about reuniting with LeBron since he was in Boston. Before he decided to go with KD to Brooklyn a lot of people expected him to join LeBron somehow except the Celtics wouldn't do a sign and trade to send him to the Lakers.it's

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What do you think they are worth in first round picks?

I think both players are worth a minimum of one first round pick each and point guards tend to have more value.
At best I could see someone valuing both players as a low end first round pick each, because you know their value today vs the unknown of a late first rounder developing tomorrow. But some late first rounders go on to be great so I think there’s two ways to look at it. For example jalen Brunson was the 33rd pick in the draft, so maybe Dallas should be doing better in that regard.

Dinwiddie has more value because of his ball handling and scoring. But he’s nowhere near elite PG level. he creates for himself or benefits when playing along side others like he did last season with doncic and Brunson. I think the Irving trade is Dallas an attempt to make up for the loss of Jalen Brunson. Mark Cuban has knack for not being able to retain top level point guards. We will see if he has the magic touch to make Irving feel at home, so far no one else has done that.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Kyrie has talked about reuniting with LeBron since he was in Boston. Before he decided to go with KD to Brooklyn a lot of people expected him to join LeBron somehow except the Celtics wouldn't do a sign and trade to send him to the Lakers.it's
Well maybe lebron takes his talents to Dallas or somewhere else next year to chase one last ring.

A lot of people aren’t speaking highly of the Irving trade for Dallas. I don’t know how I feel about it. I know he’s a great player and Dallas had to make a change. I get the sense that if the Lakers would have landed Irving the national media would be all over them for shooting back to the top of the west.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we can forget about KD. There are reports the Nets are stockpiling assists so they can turn those into players to put around KD.

Sounds like they have every intention of keeping him.

Sounds like fans should go back to figuring out who else we can trade for.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we can forget about KD. There are reports the Nets are stockpiling assists so they can turn those into players to put around KD.

Sounds like they have every intention of keeping him.

Sounds like fans should go back to figuring out who else we can trade for.
If it’s going to happen, it ain’t happening in the next three days. That’s for sure.

We’ll see how Durant feels about the Nets after they’ve wasted another of his final prime years after he loses in the first round again.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it’s going to happen, it ain’t happening in the next three days. That’s for sure.

We’ll see how Durant feels about the Nets after they’ve wasted another of his final prime years after he loses in the first round again.

Yeah, he ain't winning **** in Brooklyn. But they're 11 games over .500, even if he asked out, I don't see why they'd accommodate him right now. They could do better in the summer when teams have far more flexibility in their offers.

I am far more curious to see if Durant can get healthy and stay healthy. If he comes back from his current injury and gets hurt again or is obviously limited, then I'd be out on him entirely.

A 15 year career and several serious injuries after age 30.

Ayton + Bridges or Cam and 4 1sts and pick swaps... hell no. We'd have, at best, a 2 year window and to get a title in that window we'd be praying that Booker, Durant and Paul all stay healthy. Those odds are minuscule. And once that window closes, we're in the toilet for a decade.

If we could get him for Ayton, cap filler and a couple picks, I could talk myself into it. Basically, Durant would have to force the issue.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
It's hard to imagine KD is traded before deadline. So for the offseason, Suns could offer DA+Paul for KD+Simmons, to help them relieve of Simmons cap space sooner, so that they could start to rebuild with DA as the center piece right away, with loads of caps.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: Reports are that Durant called for meeting with the Nets about the direction of the franchise. However, they said the Nets have told all calling teams they have no intention of trading him before the deadline.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Durant may not be back at full strength this season. We roll with who we got plus some minor trades.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges, filler, and 2 1st and 2 swaps.

I want to see a title in my lifetime. KD, Book, Cam, and Ayton lineup is the tits

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges, filler, and 2 1st and 2 swaps.

I want to see a title in my lifetime. KD, Book, Cam, and Ayton lineup is the tits
That comes this summer unless we win the title or Bridges completely tortillas again in the playoffs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really do'nt trust CamJ can be much more than a rotation player with great shooting but average otherwise.
Average player otherwise with great shooting is what I call a star. Not sure CamJ gets there but if he can stay healthy I like his chances.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do understand aswell as Bridges has played during this stretch it’s still not even in the same world as what Durant does every night.
Every night? I know of at least 15 Brooklyn games this season where Durant failed to score. And last year he was only able to score in 55 of their games. And the year before he only scored in 35 of their games. Durant is still in the argument for best player in the game, but only when he can actually play.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do understand aswell as Bridges has played during this stretch it’s still not even in the same world as what Durant does every night.

Did Durant play tonight? He won't even play until after the All-Star game. Mikal Bridges plays every night.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Every night? I know of at least 15 Brooklyn games this season where Durant failed to score. And last year he was only able to score in 55 of their games. And the year before he only scored in 35 of their games. Durant is still in the argument for best player in the game, but only when he can actually play.

Only need him healthy for the playoffs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose