The Durant Sweepstakes

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Only need him healthy for the playoffs.
Umm, no. We need him healthy for a good stretch leading up to the playoffs as well so we can have everything clicking come playoff time. He is a great player, but if the team hasn't had time to gel with him in the lineup it's unlikely it's going to lead to a championship.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And guess what not a single GM in the NBA would take Bridges over KD if given the choice.
Your opinion is your opinion. My opinion is you are mistaken. IMO, some would make that deal but many of them wouldn't. They'd all make that deal if it were for part of a season but given KD's age and injury history, a lot of GMs would pass on that trade.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’ve been saying this for two years.

Remember, many here trashed the CP3 trade because we traded… Jesus… I don’t even remember the dude’s name who we traded that some here wanted us to pay 20 million per year.
Kelly valley Boyz lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Durant is not a superstar in his prime hungry for a championship. He might have one last run in him, we've seen this play out with the corpse of CP3. Yes, a healthy Durant puts in title contention, possibly even championship favorites but he's not even healthy enough to play right now. There's way too many questions about when he'll return and for how long he can play at a high level.

I don't want to mortgage our future to come up a dollar short still in the end. If the price for KD is truly so high it'll take 4 picks, a couple swaps, and Mikal then that's too high of a price.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's Ayton or Bridges.

Ayton in a heart beat.

Ayton's playing the best basketball of his career right now, but center just doesn't have the value of an elite 3 and D player who plays hard every night and is on a steal of a contract and who loves playing here.

I don't think anyone would be shocked if at any point Ayton started sulking and demanded a trade. For that reason alone, he is the one you move.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
GAH! Power Forward and Back up PG.
If KD ain't coming fill out the GD team at least.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Durant is not a superstar in his prime hungry for a championship. He might have one last run in him, we've seen this play out with the corpse of CP3. Yes, a healthy Durant puts in title contention, possibly even championship favorites but he's not even healthy enough to play right now. There's way too many questions about when he'll return and for how long he can play at a high level.

I don't want to mortgage our future to come up a dollar short still in the end. If the price for KD is truly so high it'll take 4 picks, a couple swaps, and Mikal then that's too high of a price.
Make it Cam J, and they have a deal.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I dont like losing both Cam Johnson and Mikal at the same time, but it’s f’ing KD and we keep Ayton.

LFGGGGGGGG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson