Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is why I said we should have let Kliff carry the can for a year.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I don’t truly believe that. If it was said it was probably 1 HC candidate or just an opinion by 1 person

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Due diligence, casting a wide net, taking our time....meanwhile......
You must be registered for see images attach

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Reading the article, it sounds like fan speak, regarding Murray. He says ‘people’…in the other points below, he gives names or at least positions, like ‘scouts say’, etc.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reading the article, it sounds like fan speak, regarding Murray. He says ‘people’…in the other points below, he gives names or at least positions, like ‘scouts say’, etc.

You must be registered for see images attach

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Kafka is fascinating. I think he might be good for Murray. Still his lack of broad coaching experience would make the leap to HC huge. That is often the thing that produces failure. It‘s a lot to ask to learn how to do so many new things. Even college HCs are often challenged making the transition to the NFL with so many personnel management issues. It would have be one great interview, especially his thinking on staff.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This makes me ask the question, is Bidwill telling candidates that Murray is the guy you have to run with and you have no other option available to you for the next several years?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So the report by Jay Glazer about Ian Cunningham turning down the GM job was surely conjecture, but this is legit? How does that work?

I didn't say it was legit. It is, however, something that is being said at the combine.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kafka is fascinating. I think he might be good for Murray. Still his lack of broad coaching experience would make the leap to HC huge. That is often the thing that produces failure. It‘s a lot to ask to learn how to do so many new things. Even college HCs are often challenged making the transition to the NFL with so many personnel management issues. It would have be one great interview, especially his thinking on staff.

Kafka is Kliff without the good looks and dancing meme.

Being Patrick Mahomes QB coach is like being a Nanny for a Chinese kid. You just sit around filing your nails while they do all the work.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Any head coach that can’t see Kylers potential as such an opportunity, yah, I don’t want that guy.
Conversely, anyone that isn't concerned about Kyler isn't a HC I want running this team. If he doesn't think there are concerns--and there are glaring concerns--he won't try to fix him.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
You want him to name names? Since when to reports name sources?
Like I said, in the other rumors and information below that particular one that you've screenshotted, he uses words like scouts say, names position players, etc. The quote and information about Murray would be more meaningful if he said something like I've talked to a scout and here is what he has said about the Murray coaching situation.. am I making sense now? When you just say people, I have to question what people? Is it Susie the water girl down on the 30 yard line or was it a ranking official from a team? It's very ambiguous who people are.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like I said, in the other rumors and information below that particular one that you've screenshotted, he uses words like scouts say, names position players, etc. The quote and information about Murray would be more meaningful if he said something like I've talked to a scout and here is what he has said about the Murray coaching situation.. am I making sense now? When you just say people, I have to question what people? Is it Susie the water girl down on the 30 yard line or was it a ranking official from a team? It's very ambiguous who people are.

Well I assume the use of the word "people" means that it's multiple people in multiple positions and that "people" was the best way to encapsulate them.

Writing "An area scout, an assistant GM, a current HC and a former HC" would sound silly.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Well I assume the use of the word "people" means that it's multiple people in multiple positions and that "people" was the best way to encapsulate them.

Writing "An area scout, an assistant GM, a current HC and a former HC" would sound silly.
If a writer or reporter has credible sources, they say so, even if it's the proverbial 'multiple sources say'... nobody reports anything of substance quoting 'people'.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If a writer or reporter has credible sources, they say so, even if it's the proverbial 'multiple sources say'... nobody reports anything of substance quoting 'people'.

This seems like an incredibly minor point and an odd way to try flex out of it being true but ok.

Were all assuming it's some "Kyler's attitude" thing but it may well be he has a serious knee injury and for a mobile QB on a fresh new deal thats a concern. You could be tied to a hobbled QB or massive cap hit.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Conversely, anyone that isn't concerned about Kyler isn't a HC I want running this team. If he doesn't think there are concerns--and there are glaring concerns--he won't try to fix him.
I want a HC who sees what I see:

An extremely talented young QB who hasn't been coached in the right way. Any coach worth his salt will view him this way. A coach who doubts that, doubts themselves.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kafka is Kliff without the good looks and dancing meme.

Being Patrick Mahomes QB coach is like being a Nanny for a Chinese kid. You just sit around filing your nails while they do all the work.
That’s a freaking hysterical analogy and it’s probably pretty close to true

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any head coach that can’t see Kylers potential as such an opportunity, yah, I don’t want that guy.
Well, I will agree we probably want the coach we hire to see him as an untapped talent as opposed to difficult to work with - but they might be right to think of him as the latter, meaning someone feeling the former might have bad judgement and therefore not be a good hire. Kind of a conundrum.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose