POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of course.

I’m pretty sure there’s never been a case where any ASFNer with “insider” info on any coach or player has ever actually panned out. Anyone know of a player/coach who fiddled with the cards ever coming? Montana? No. Peyton? No. Reid? No. Adrian Peterson? No.

We are the cardinals. Some of us have yet to really internalize what that truly entails.

Literally no option other than a surprise harbaugh would excite me. I won’t poo poo anyone other than VJ, but everyone else will elicit nothing more than a “-yawn- let’s see what this joker’s got” response.

Harbaugh is the only guy that would truly excite me even prior to Payton opting for Denver. I liked the idea of Payton due to the level of credibility being higher than the unknowns but still would have been wait and see.

If it's VJ then why even bother going through the motions of cleaning house.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If we had #29 I would give that up no problem but not #3 pick in the draft
You give your 2nd round rounder(34) and possibly throw in a player if need be.

Assuming Payton wasnt using us just for leverage.

Who knows maybe Monti as a first time GM just hated the idea of giving up draft capital?

Lets hope our backup options pan out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You give your 2nd round rounder and possibly throw in a player if need be.

Who knows maybe Monti as a first time GM just hated the idea of giving up draft capital?

It’s already been said you can’t trade players for coaches.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score

Can’t trade a player for a coach

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Can't trade players for coaches, I believe.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Might as well have kept Kliff for one more year since the team is going to be terrible anyway.

Kyler having a significant injury and likely missing much of next season(and perhaps lingering impacts after) doesn't exactly make this an attractive job opening for a HC.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
no troll

Do you guys seriously believe Vance is in serious consideration? Like seriously?
I think Vance knows how to tell that rube Michael what he wants to hear and won’t mind Monday Morning Film Breakdowns with the boss.

No other legit hire is gonna put up with that.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no troll

Do you guys seriously believe Vance is in serious consideration? Like seriously?
If he is... This franchise is in serious trouble. IMO it would be further indication of just how horrible people inside the NFL see this franchise and their ownership. Yuck.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even if it took the three, chances are our coaches don’t know what to do with him. He won’t be motivated or he’ll beast in his final year and go somewhere else and make multiple pro-bowls. I wouldn’t have wanted to, but if it took the number three, then I wouldve done it simply because we would’ve been a better overall team.

We still face probably the top coaches in the league TWICE a year and having Payton here would even the odds.