ESPN Believes Cards Can Be a Quick Rebuild.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I hate it when actors say they hate being recognised in public, or they hate doing media tours for their latest movie. Like you don't know that's a huge part of the job when you sign up to it. Nothing worse than someone that wants all the upside without the downside that it's built on. Want to be an actor but be able to go out shopping in peace? Go do Canadian TV.

If you want to be the superstar, get the big roles and make the big bucks you best be prepared to do all the things you don't really want to do too.

If you're going to be a top 3 paid NFL player and starting QB for a franchise regular media, charity work and community work comes with the job.
I hate that we value celebrity so much in this world that a person who's job it is act no longer has the CHOICE as to whether they are a public figure or not. That we value sports SO MUCH that what a player does off the field matters at all. Would it be nice if the people you admire make themselves available to you? SUre. Would it be nice if that guy who leads your favorite sports team does right by his community, gets out there and really hams it up for their fans, gives back, yadda yadda yadda? Of course it would. And yes, it should even be expected to a degree.

But my life is rich and I feel fulfilled without spending one iota of my time worrying about whether or not Kyler Murray is a likable guy. Dont care. Play good football, win games, do your job. I'm not a fan of KM right now because he played like ass last season, compounded by the unfortunate previous off season he had and we for some reason gave him 240 million dollars as a reward.

I understand introversion, I understand social anxiety, I will not judge KM due to personality traits. I will criticize an organization that places a high value on the opposite traits for its franchise player and yet still chose to pay a guy who apparently lacks said traits all that money, and I will criticize fans, who are so enamored with the boring, normal paradigm and societal norms of what a "good QB is supposed to do."

You say that if Kyler Murrays wants to be a paid like a top 3 QB it comes with the job, I say, if it comes with the job, and you dont think your QB can deliver, dont pay him. We paid him. Its quite the conumdrum. My opinion is, one thing at a time. Lets fix his game. Then we can worry about all this other stuff that he's "supposed" to be. RIght now, I want a guy who plays good football.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Never, ever Kyler's fault. It's amazing that a franchise QB can never, ever do any wrong, even when he does wrong.
If there’s one thing in life that I’ve learned it’s that it’s real easy to kick people when they’re down. Murray had so many naysayers when he was drafted & he proved his doubters wrong. I’m one of the very few that have stood by him. Even some that still do, won’t come forward for fear of being tormented. And for however long Murray plays, people like you will come out of the woodwork every time he slips up. Sometimes circumstances are too great for someone, no matter how good they may be, to overcome. Just ask someone like Archie Manning. Archie didn’t have FA to rescue him from a career sized $hit sandwich. I just don’t want to hear from the same naysayers who will say all the “eat crow” crap in order to get themselves back in others good graces. In the meantime, I’m fine with standing talk in defense of Kyler Murray. Carry on. We’ll obviously have to agree to disagree about Kyler Murray.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Many, many, many, many factors outside of Kyler himself contributed to him being below HIS average. Still doesn’t equate to stink. We’ll agree to disagree.
Kyler was bad last year. If you want to argue that there were reasons he was bad outside of his control, that is a different argument.

You could cite offensive line injuries as a reason he was bad...but that doesn't change the fact that he was bad.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If there’s one thing in life that I’ve learned it’s that it’s real easy to kick people when they’re down. Murray had so many naysayers when he was drafted & he proved his doubters wrong. I’m one of the very few that have stood by him. Even some that still do, won’t come forward for fear of being tormented. And for however long Murray plays, people like you will come out of the woodwork every time he slips up. Sometimes circumstances are too great for someone, no matter how good they may be, to overcome. Just ask someone like Archie Manning. Archie didn’t have FA to rescue him from a career sized $hit sandwich. I just don’t want to hear from the same naysayers who will say all the “eat crow” crap in order to get themselves back in others good graces. In the meantime, I’m fine with standing talk in defense of Kyler Murray. Carry on. We’ll obviously have to agree to disagree about Kyler Murray.
First point: Clearly false. He hasn't even won a playoff game and was historically bad in his one playoff appearance.

Second point: Clearly true. You have doubled and tripled down on Kyler never doing anything wrong. I, however, have sung his praises to the high heavens when he's deserved it and was ridiculously positive on him at one point. Hell, I put money on him to win the NFC and win the MVP last season. You? It's always something else and never, ever his fault. On this, we will never agree.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kyler was bad last year. If you want to argue that there were reasons he was bad outside of his control, that is a different argument.

You could cite offensive line injuries as a reason he was bad...but that doesn't change the fact that he was bad.
He never admits Kyler has ever done anything wrong. The other reasons you cite are the sole reasons Kyler was bad last year, according to him. Blind loyalty.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
100.8 pure QB rating for the entire season! (low whistle) so great! Better get started on that HOF induction speech!

Has lost 1 playoff game and that was the Super Bowl. Continually makes plays when his team needs it most…I don’t understand what is not to like.

Nobody in the league thinks Murray is close to Burrow at this point.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Has lost 1 playoff game and that was the Super Bowl. Continually makes plays when his team needs it most…I don’t understand what is not to like.

And he has almost (or equal) as many playoff wins as the entire franchise before him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You used stills and acted like you had insider knowledge of every play.

Your breakdown was as flawed as always sticking up for Kyler.

Nope. I used video.

You don't need inside knowledge to see he doesn't go through progressions, doesn't read defenses and frequently missed better options for a 5 yard check down.

There were plays we had 3 on 2 and he'd throw into double coverage the other side.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Like? respect? okay. Maybe even admire a little on the down low. But all of the cooing and fawning and man-love is revolting. Disgusting.

Albeit it's the AFC, he still plays for another team. Technically he's the enemy. The Bengals and Cardinals have competing interests.

But maybe the Bengals are your "2nd favorite team"? If so, your appreciation for him would make sense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

He keeps replying knowing he's on ignore. You'd think by now he'd just put me on ignore and save his time considering the amount of it he wastes trying to bait me.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Like? respect? okay. Maybe even admire a little on the down low. But all of the cooing and fawning and man-love is revolting. Disgusting.

Albeit it's the AFC, he still plays for another team. Technically he's the enemy. The Bengals and Cardinals have competing interests.

But maybe the Bengals are your "2nd favorite team"? If so, your appreciation for him would make sense.

I can envy the Bengals at having their QB position settled and also say I regret getting the first overall pick a year early…I am jealous of the Bengals not a fan of them.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. I used video.

You don't need inside knowledge to see he doesn't go through progressions, doesn't read defenses and frequently missed better options for a 5 yard check down.

There were plays we had 3 on 2 and he'd throw into double coverage the other side.
We've been over this time and time again. Has Kyler made mistakes in the past on plays this year? Absolutely. So has every QB in the league. I will even give you Kyler has made more than he should.

But you DON'T go through progressions if your first read is the RIGHT one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Being so butt-hurt that Joe Burrow is rightly getting praise REVOLTS you and makes you want to puke is peak Kyler Fanboy on tilt.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose