Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Reich to Carolina.

Good hire for them. I wonder if they try to keep Wilkes?
Calling my shot...if Payton isn't the new HC:

Eliro from Denver to be HC
Flores to be DC/Associate HC
What a slap in the face that would be for Flores. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Vance retained if they bring in a defensive HC.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

What a slap in the face that would be for Flores. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Vance retained if they bring in a defensive HC.
Would VJ stay?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

At least he should have a chance if a offensive coordinator is hired as head coach otherwise zero, a defensive coach wants to put his own philosophy about the defense and sweeping away all the flaws from previous regime
The list of candidates interviewed by Bidwill shows already how much he appreciated the work of Vance Joseph

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
At least he should have a chance if a offensive coordinator is hired as head coach otherwise zero, a defensive coach wants to put his own philosophy about the defense and sweeping away all the flaws from previous regime
The list of candidates interviewed by Bidwill shows already how much he appreciated the work of Vance Joseph
Not necessarily. Mike Tomlin was raised in the Tampa 2 but kept the Steelers’ long-held 3-4 defense.

I suspect that if the Cards bring in an offensive coach with NFL experience it’s less likely Vance stays because that guy will want to bring in a #2 he’s familiar with and have confidence in.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It says that MB is interviewing candidates for the H-C role, not a coordinator.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
No on Joseph! I can't imagine they wouldn't let him go. Sean made it clear that is who he wants Fangio and I agree. He would utilize our stud LBs and if we can add another with our 3rd pick in the draft... bonus!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No on Joseph! I can't imagine they wouldn't let him go. Sean made it clear that is who he wants Fangio and I agree. He would utilize our stud LBs and if we can add another with our 3rd pick in the draft... bonus!
Vance Joseph is an awful DC. One of the worst in my 60 years watching this wretched franchise. I have no idea why his name keeps being brought up. He’s GONE! No HC in their right mind would take on that baggage.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The statement came swiftly from lawyer Doug Wigdor. And it should be regarded by Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill as a clear warning.

Wigdor, who represents former Panthers interim coach Steve Wilks, reacted sharply to the news that the Panthers had passed over Wilks for Frank Reich.

“We are shocked and disturbed that after the incredible job Coach Wilks did as the interim coach, including bringing the team back into playoff contention and garnering the support of the players and fans, that he was passed over for the head coach position by David Tepper,” Wigdor said. “There is a legitimate race problem in the NFL, and we can assure you that we will have more to say in the coming days.”

The statement comes at a time when the primary plaintiff in the lawsuit Wilks has joined — Brian Flores — is under consideration for the head-coaching job in Arizona. Wilks has sued the Cardinals for firing him after one year. Wilks likely will be suing the Panthers, given the content of Wigdor’s statement. And Flores joined the Texans to the litigation last year, after they interviewed him for the head-coaching job, made him one of three finalists, and eventually went off the board and hired Lovie Smith.

The argument that Flores made against the Texans, that Wilks likely will make against the Panthers, and that Flores would potentially make against the Cardinals is a simple one. The decision not to hire them was motivated in whole or in part by the fact that they have attempted to pursue their rights under federal anti-discrimination laws.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The statement came swiftly from lawyer Doug Wigdor. And it should be regarded by Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill as a clear warning.

Wigdor, who represents former Panthers interim coach Steve Wilks, reacted sharply to the news that the Panthers had passed over Wilks for Frank Reich.

“We are shocked and disturbed that after the incredible job Coach Wilks did as the interim coach, including bringing the team back into playoff contention and garnering the support of the players and fans, that he was passed over for the head coach position by David Tepper,” Wigdor said. “There is a legitimate race problem in the NFL, and we can assure you that we will have more to say in the coming days.”

The statement comes at a time when the primary plaintiff in the lawsuit Wilks has joined — Brian Flores — is under consideration for the head-coaching job in Arizona. Wilks has sued the Cardinals for firing him after one year. Wilks likely will be suing the Panthers, given the content of Wigdor’s statement. And Flores joined the Texans to the litigation last year, after they interviewed him for the head-coaching job, made him one of three finalists, and eventually went off the board and hired Lovie Smith.

The argument that Flores made against the Texans, that Wilks likely will make against the Panthers, and that Flores would potentially make against the Cardinals is a simple one. The decision not to hire them was motivated in whole or in part by the fact that they have attempted to pursue their rights under federal anti-discrimination laws.
Not good. What a mess.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Here’s the difference…Payton has the resume that Reich doesn’t.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Bieniemy must be a terrible interviewer. Have barely heard anything about him in the HC carousel.