The Cardinals "created a monster"

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well over a year ago. You have NO idea if the statement is still true, but you like to say so anyway.
Yeah people always bring up one off the cuff statement from along time ago and try to twist it into that he doesn’t watch film. It’s ridiculous all QBs in the NFL watch film he simply saying I don’t spend every waking minute of the day studying film like some do or have to do. So people like Brit seem to think this makes it fact he doesn’t study enough even though they really have no idea how much he does or doesn’t study. Klownsburys offense was trash so clearly players checked out on KK and how good did they look without Kyler? KK owes Murray a ton for tricking the Cardinals into giving him more money, KK sucks. We need to get a good proven NFL coach so Kyler can actually get quality coaching!

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was printed in December 2021. It's 13 months old.
It’s still just a quote from a kid it’s not something that’s states he doesn’t study period. Jesus dude get a life your constant bashing of a kid is just dumb. He’s here he’s not going anywhere he needs real NFL coaches! KK was trash and you use to try and defend him too but his offense only ever worked relying on Kyler to make something. Out of nothing way way way to much!

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah people always bring up one off the cuff statement from along time ago and try to twist it into that he doesn’t watch film. It’s ridiculous all QBs in the NFL watch film he simply saying I don’t spend every waking minute of the day studying film like some do or have to do. So people like Brit seem to think this makes it fact he doesn’t study enough even though they really have no idea how much he does or doesn’t study. Klownsburys offense was trash so clearly players checked out on KK and how good did they look without Kyler? KK owes Murray a ton for tricking the Cardinals into giving him more money, KK sucks. We need to get a good proven NFL coach so Kyler can actually get quality coaching!
And the first ever study 4 hours a week at home at your own clause doesn't make that worse? Look KK is gone, but KM isn't I get that, but neither KK nor KM are the greatest so I don't know if letting KM off the hook on everything is really what we should do now...

Kyler has some really bad habbits, not stepping in the pocket, don't be able to read a D, sometimes situational football an sometimes his platform and from what we know he might have some problems with going the extra miles to be the best.

Does that mean he is bad? No. Is it a concern that he got a extansion that makes him the 4th highest paid QB this things still all were present ... yes that is a concern.

But clearly, a new HC will show us, how problematic this bad habbits are. Or we hire Vance and ride two years and than, KM tries somewhere else probably. From my point of view, I see more Mariotta, Smith in KM than Mahomes for now (from developing and overall winning)

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Out of curiosity how many hours of film would you guys expect Kyler to watch in a normal game week? Please also note that there are dozens of hours every week that he like the rest of the team has to practice, weight train, stretch, rehab, eat, sleep, etc. just to maintain minimum physical requirements to play an NFL game.

Film study is mostly handled by the coaches FWIW. Some independent study is required for greatness and Kyler should've known this going in that Kliff and co. were not going to be the best at this but film study mostly on the coaches who then relay what they believe is the proper information to the players. I would argue and Hard Knocks basically confirms it that the coaching staff we had in place were terrible communicators in that regard and one would assume minimal info really stuck.
Exactly in Hard Knocka you would of thought Colt was that damn QB coach allll the scenes in there showed that dude to be doing almost nothing whoever the hell the QB coach is…

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said what I said & I meant what I meant. You didn’t fix anything.
Kyler doesn’t consider himself to be Black, so you disagree with him not me. He wrote papers during his schooling explaining why he is multiracial. You can pigeonhole him if you want but I’ll respect what he says he is.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler doesn’t consider himself to be Black, so you disagree with him not me. He wrote papers during his schooling explaining why he is multiracial. You can pigeonhole him if you want but I’ll respect what he says he is.
Kyler does & has considered himself to be black. So, no, I disagree with you. He has spoke about in press conferences. You can jump through hoola-hoops all you want, but I’m pretty sure the first thing you see him is as black before anything else.

You don’t respect him for alot of things, but it’s funny you respect him on that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, if it was Pugh it makes it worse. He's the NFLPA rep and the kind of stand up guy who would only speak out if it was really bad.
If he is the NFLPA rep, he did a terrible job there. He shouldn't speak out at all.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s still just a quote from a kid it’s not something that’s states he doesn’t study period. Jesus dude get a life your constant bashing of a kid is just dumb. He’s here he’s not going anywhere he needs real NFL coaches! KK was trash and you use to try and defend him too but his offense only ever worked relying on Kyler to make something. Out of nothing way way way to much!

Been on vacay have we? I thought we were missing some over the top Kyler can do no wrong fawning.

Kyler says "I'm not a big film guy. I'm like Neo in the Matrix."
Front office puts minimum 4 hour independent study clause in his contract
Players leak that Kyler isn't studying and they knew the season was a wash from day 1

Homers: But we don't KNOW he's not studying. It's all Kliff's fault anyway.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Kyler does & has considered himself to be black. So, no, I disagree with you. He has spoke about in press conferences. You can jump through hoola-hoops all you want, but I’m pretty sure the first thing you see him is as black before anything else.

You don’t respect him for alot of things, but it’s funny you respect him on that.
Something else to make this QB divisive about. Truly not worth all the drama.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Been on vacay have we? I thought we were missing some over the top Kyler can do no wrong fawning.

Kyler says "I'm not a big film guy. I'm like Neo in the Matrix."
Front office puts minimum 4 hour independent study clause in his contract
Players leak that Kyler isn't studying and they knew the season was a wash from day 1

Homers: But we don't KNOW he's not studying. It's all Kliff's fault anyway.
Nah some of us actually have stuff to do in life other than bash a player online 24/7. I have never said Kyler can do no wrong so stop acting like if people don’t agree with your ridiculous bias takes against the young man we are homers. Your constant bashing just gets old so I just read and try not to respond to your idiot rhetoric. And yes a huge part of why this team sucked this year was Kliffs fault you moron that’s what he was fired! And no I’m not saying Kyler playing poor had nothing to do with it, there were many factors with personnel and scheme which aided in that. It’s not as simple as he don’t study so that’s why he’s bad that’s just stupid and incorrect.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah some of us actually have stuff to do in life other than bash a player online 24/7. I have never said Kyler can do no wrong so stop acting like if people don’t agree with your ridiculous bias takes against the young man we are homers. Your constant bashing just gets old so I just read and try not to respond to your idiot rhetoric. And yes a huge part of why this team sucked this year was Kliffs fault you moron that’s what he was fired! And no I’m not saying Kyler playing poor had nothing to do with it, there were many factors with personnel and scheme which aided in that. It’s not as simple as he don’t study so that’s why he’s bad that’s just stupid and incorrect.

It's really as simple as "He don't study" when talking about why he's bad. It's the foundation of playing QB. The foundation of most jobs to be honest. If you don't study alot, you will be poor. And everyone is telling us he doesn't. Himself, the FO and fellow players.

Your talking about why the team sucked, which is a wider, more complicated subject. But Kyler sucked all by himself.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Or rather a disgruntled player on the team who possibly sees monsters under his bed, just saying... and I am getting so tired of that weak arse source which one cannot give a name to, when I thought football was a sport for men

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
With the 5th pick of the 2023 NFL Draft the Seattle Seahawks trade the pick to the Arizona Cardinals for Kyler Murray

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I think we all are just a product of the perfect storm that hit the Cards full on last season. We have been in pain and looking for everything we can to blame it on, blowing a lot out of proportion. Lots of problems all at once, sure, but like any coupleś divorce proceedings, not as bad as a lot of us are trying to make it.

Two of the problems are gone now, Dr Frankenkeim and his young assistant, Kliff ´Igor´ Kingsbury.

But for Kyler, we all need to take a deep breath and try not to make the end of young manś career out of what adds up to one horrible season, followed by an injury, all happening in the midst of this long brewing Cardinal perfect storm.

All is not lost, truly battered, but very much still capable of learning from it all and growing with the right tutor. KM is one of the most talented to come out of college at his position, with his limitations we all know. But he still has not lost the tools, both developed and god given him. He is emotionally young, with a ton of potential still there under that pouty little face.

So let´s calm the villagers down a bit and not burn the whole castle in an uproar. Dr Frankenkeim has checked out, and left us with some good pieces, plus an athletically freakish looking monster at QB.

All we now need is a solid leader to put a leash on, while educating, our monster, make a couple good trades, and have a quality draft which we are already all set up for.

We just need our Alexander the Great. Without a leader, no army can win. It is that simple, or at least that is the way I see it.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we all are just a product of the perfect storm that hit the Cards full on last season. We have been in pain and looking for everything we can to blame it on, blowing a lot out of proportion. Lots of problems all at once, sure, but like any coupleś divorce proceedings, not as bad as a lot of us are trying to make it.

Two of the problems are gone now, Dr Frankenkeim and his young assistant, Kliff ´Igor´ Kingsbury.

But for Kyler, we all need to take a deep breath and try not to make the end of young manś career out of what adds up to one horrible season, followed by an injury, all happening in the midst of this long brewing Cardinal perfect storm.

All is not lost, truly battered, but very much still capable of learning from it all and growing with the right tutor. KM is one of the most talented to come out of college at his position, with his limitations we all know. But he still has not lost the tools, both developed and god given him. He is emotionally young, with a ton of potential still there under that pouty little face.

So let´s calm the villagers down a bit and not burn the whole castle in an uproar. Dr Frankenkeim has checked out, and left us with some good pieces, plus an athletically freakish looking monster at QB.

All we now need is a solid leader to put a leash on, while educating, our monster, make a couple good trades, and have a quality draft which we are already all set up for.

We just need our Alexander the Great. Without a leader, no army can win. It is that simple, or at least that is the way I see it.
Come on man this is a message board you’re supposed to post irrational crazy opinions, not this well thought out type post. Nice post!