Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone but Joseph I'll be ok with

Really want Payton but also don't want cards to trade a ton of draft capital to obtain him

We shall see hoping for a good outcome.....

Who is Ryan's? I don't know much on him

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
MB needs to set his own mark on this franchise and do something that his father would never do. Push all his chips in, swing for the fences, pull out the driver and let it rip to get Payton. I think he feels the bad vibes from the fanbase are at an all time high, and needs to show he can step up

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
MB needs to set his own mark on this franchise and do something that his father would never do. Push all his chips in, swing for the fences, pull out the driver and let it rip to get Payton. I think he feels the bad vibes from the fanbase are at an all time high.
Oh it can get worse.
Make VJ the head coach and we’ll see how bad it can get.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sorry to reply to my own post, but wanted to keep it clean. Ryans would be a very solid choice, IMO. If Harbaugh isn't interviewed, that would be a bummer, but Ryans would probably end up my #2 choice if he isn't.
Ryans and Vance would have to have a pretty impressive staffing plan to catch my interest, TBH.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'd definitely be a little worried about the offensive side, but if you can pull a Shanahan disciple from the 49ers, it'd be interesting.
I agree, but that staff is pretty picked over.

Run game coordinator - First year
Passing game coordinator - First year

Brian Griese (QB Coach) is listed as having 12 years' experience when he's in his first year with the team — they counted his pro playing career.

Maybe he can bring Anthony Lynn with him? Would that get you excited?

Shanahan has been proven to be a great evaluator and developer of coaching talent. I dunno, though.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
FWIW, I think that Michael is doing some due diligence and taking care of his Rooney Rule requirements as he evaluates GMs.

If he gets Payton to yes, then we've already cleared the Rooney Rule and can move forward.

If the GM he lands on likes his own coach or has his own list, we've already complied with the Rooney Rule and can quickly move forward.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Per NFL Network just now, the Cardinals have requested permission to speak with DeMeco Ryans for HC.

That gives us by my count:
Payton
Ryans
Joseph

Anyone I'm missing or other rumors?
Not that I know of yet. I’m still all in on Payton. It’s interesting that they picked Ryan’s next. If they can’t land Payton I can see them waiting on a playoff teams Coordinator.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Demarco has a roster full of talent. It would take 3 years to accumulate the talent he has now, and that’s if we hit on all picks and made all the right moves.
That scares me.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would be surprised if Bidwill chose a young, first time had coach. He will look for somebody the opposite of Kliff. He was complaining to the team on Hard Knocks about cutting corners and not practicing hard. Dad fired the baby sitter and he's bringing in a drill sergeant.

Last edited:

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Michael Bidwill getting Vance's pay down in negotiations before he hires him.

Big Brain strat.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would be surprised if Bidwill chose a young, first time had coach. He will look for somebody the opposite of Kliff. He was complaining to the team on Hard Knocks about cutting corners and not practicing hard. Dad fired the baby sitter and he's bringing in a drill sergeant.
That was supposed to be wilks previously let’s hope he doesn’t repeat that mistake

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That was supposed to be wilks previously let’s hope he doesn’t repeat that mistake

We don't know what the almighty net, cast far and wide, will bring in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose