POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the GM role. I think that the best GMs -- the guys who survive for 15-20 years in the role -- are great managers. Even elite talent evaluators are slaves to draft positioning and available prospects. Successful teams inevitably have a brain drain of assistant coaches and front office staffs. Good GMs make good decisions about (1) who they want around them in terms of directors, scouts, etc., and (2) where and how to allocate resources on the roster.

This second factor is driven mainly by the vision for a team, not the next team. Sometimes a good GM will have a clear vision for what makes a good team and the head coach he selects will share that vision. I think it's better in the long run to have a head coach that has a clear vision and a GM who can start slotting talent to fit the vision.

I don't mind creative conflict between HC and GM, as long as the vision is shared.
Agreed. I don't believe Payton wants a GM who he has to babysit. Yes, Payton may have the ability to have the final say in some matters but I am sure he will not throw that around haphazardly.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's been talk of Fangio as DC.. another failed head coach in Denver much like the current DC. No idea of Fangio's scheme as compared to VJ

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I would think Mikey knows what the trade compensation to New Orleans needs to be and is fine with it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't believe one of these guys could be our next HC!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sean Payton was actually in that? Oh dear.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard