POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t think we’ll get Payton because Saints will be asking for our first whether this years or 2024 & Mike won’t budge.
I wouldn't budge on this year's pick but giving next years is more realistic as you would hope it isn't as low.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i've got major Montana, Manning, Andy Reid deja vu kicking in already here...

Didn't Adrian Peterson want to be a Cardinal, I mean, before he was actually a Cardinal?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The fact that we are talking to him means we have come to an agreement on compensation. Likely a 2nd rounder plus another later pick
Or we’re just talking to him discussing the compensation. Not necessarily an agreement.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Give them a 2nd and later round pick swap. I think this is so dumb. When Arians signed with the Bucs, all we did was swap 7th rounders or something silly like that.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes but if we trade back we may be able to pick up an extra #1. With 2 #1 picks in 2024 I’d gladly give one up.
I wouldn't. I'd honestly rather have a new GM, trading down and getting a whole bunch of picks, and Vance coaching the team for a year before he is fired too...than giving up a first round pick for Payton.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how the architect of a defense that ranked amongst the worst in the league and could never figure out his first round picks AND was already a failure as a Head Coach could even be in the running for Head Coach again, much less for the team who’s defense he coached stunk.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe its the Bird City like Optimism in me.

Payton wanted a former Kingsbury QB when it seemed like lots of people thought he was overrated/over drafted and wasnt much of a winner. Unfortunately, Reid took him.

Here he'd get another shot at a former Kingsbury QB that hasnt reached his potential.

You must be registered for see images attach

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes but if we trade back we may be able to pick up an extra #1. With 2 #1 picks in 2024 I’d gladly give one up.

I don't want to give up a 1st round pick. We will likely suck next year anyway.
We should not trade out of Will Anderson or Jalen Carter.

I’m not giving up a 1st round pick for Payton or damn near HC, especially with a roster as flawed as ours.
What if the compromise is giving up 2 second round picks. 2023 and 2025.

Would I trade Byron Murphy and Isabella for Sean Payton. Yea I would. No guarantee we nail both 2nd rounders.

Payton isnt going to want the team he goes to to lose 1st round picks imo. He'll be coordinating his value.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how the architect of a defense that ranked amongst the worst in the league and could never figure out his first round picks AND was already a failure as a Head Coach could even be in the running for Head Coach again, much less for the team who’s defense he coached stunk.
That would be heavy miss out Peyton Manning and hope things work out with Kolb vibes.

Unless Bidwill is convinced that Vance Joseph/Spencer Whipple led Browns game is who we could really be under their watch.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if the compromise is giving up 2 second round picks. 2023 and 2025.

Would I trade Byron Murphy and Isabella for Sean Payton. Yea I would. No guarantee we nail both 2nd rounders.

Payton isnt going to want the team he goes to to lose 1st round picks imo. He'll be coordinating his value.
I'd probably do that, but not be happy about it. If we acquired a 4th in the deal I'd be happier.

Payton and 2024 4th for 2023 and 2025 2nd.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Give the man and his former team what they want. Just get his name signed on the dotted line.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd probably do that, but not be happy about it. If we acquired a 4th in the deal I'd be happier.

Payton and 2024 4th for 2023 and 2025 2nd.
Ideally.

Although I believe Payton doesnt want to go to a team without a 1st round pick I do think he wants to "do right" by the Saints.

We get Payton, improve the culture and we're not caring too much about missing out on a 2nd round pick in 2025.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
According to the draft value chart (which I know is useless so don’t @ me) the Cards 2nd rd pick this year is 560 points. Adding a 4th rd pick gets you to the value of a 1st rd pick if we’re just using that guide as a tool. It depends what other teams are willing to offer New Orleans but Bidwill shouldn’t just give in on a first rounder considering our 2024 1st will be high again. I just don’t see the Saints passing on that based on principle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard