Assuming no Harbaugh/Payton, who do you want?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I want someone who will challenge Kyler Murray to get better. Someone who will challenge Kyler Murray to put in the work that is necessary to be the best player he can be.
This 100%. With Kliff the sales pitch was always 'This offense is built for you...it will be easy!'...and then, as Payton kinda put in his Cowherd interview, the team just sits back and waits for Murray to bail them out, over and over and over again. That was a recipe for failure and we all saw it play out. He needs to be challenged and shown discipline (deep down I think he really wants to be held accountable), but most importantly he needs to be shown how these changes are going to benefit him and make him better on and off the field.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This 100%. With Kliff the sales pitch was always 'This offense is built for you...it will be easy!'...and then, as Payton kinda put in his Cowherd interview, the team just sits back and waits for Murray to bail them out, over and over and over again. That was a recipe for failure and we all saw it play out. He needs to be challenged and shown discipline (deep down I think he really wants to be held accountable), but most importantly he needs to be shown how these changes are going to benefit him and make him better on and off the field.
I think it wasn't that the team just waited on Murray, the whole system is designed for the QB to be an elite triggerman. Few QBs in the NFL could pull off what Kliff wanted out of his QB. Kliff didn't adjust his offensive concepts enough to be successful and Keim did a crap job finding players that would make things easier on Murray.

I want a coach that is going to:

1. Force Murray to play under center. Playing out of the shotgun all of the time really hurts the run game and play action game. Those are staples of a successful NFL offense.

2. Develop a cohesive system. While Kliff is good at drawing up neat plays, I think he never really had an NFL system. Look at what the Niners do and what the Rams do. There is a cohesive plan that the execute. Neither of those offenses are really that complicated, but they work because you have to account for all of that motion.

3. Hold Murray accountable. He has some bad habits that he hasn't broken. Kliff from reports didn't like to hold individual players accountable. Make Murray own the failures.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I like Frank Reich. Already has a working relationship with Bidwill , had success with some has been QBs and been around the league for a while so he probably has some good contacts for assistant coaches on both sides of the ball.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sean Payton will not coach Cardinals ever my 2 cents

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I like Frank Reich. Already has a working relationship with Bidwill , had success with some has been QBs and been around the league for a while so he probably has some good contacts for assistant coaches on both sides of the ball.
This is realistic and the best a Bidwill can do this cycle.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Bruce Arians. I’m all in on Sean Peyton though. Guys like Jimmy Johnson and Bill Cower will never come out of retirement and I don’t want a college coach.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose