Trey Mcbride has only 129 receiving yards in 10 starts

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He might just have a slender frame and there is not much you can do about that, but actual strength is more important than bulk
We won’t know for a year or so. I think you can expect more gains from prospects coming from mid-tier programs like Cincy and Colorado State than guys from like UGA that has a strength program that rivals a lot of pro teams.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We won’t know for a year or so. I think you can expect more gains from prospects coming from mid-tier programs like Cincy and Colorado State than guys from like UGA that has a strength program that rivals a lot of pro teams.

He should have just worked out with the basketball team at Cincy. WHen Cronin was coaching there half of their kids looked like football players every year, heavy emphasis on strength.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That deep ball to McBride was overthrown. Even diving at full stretch he could barely tip it. That wasn't a drop.

Especially when you consider there was no need for it to be positioned there as McBride was wide open.
It wasn't close to a drop. In fact, it might have been a TD if Blough catches him in stride.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This thread already making some people look silly.

There's probably a Packers board somewhere with a "Christian Watson only has 78 yards and 0 TD's" thread created in week 9 making people look silly too.

It's almost as if it takes most rookies time to find their feet.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I was banging on the bell of "we've seen nothing to tell us he would be good" for much of the season. We eventually did, which is great. He should start for us next season. Ertz shouldn't be back.
It only saves the team $2 million by cutting Ertz. His Cap'n hit is $12 million and his dead money is $10 million.

You can cut him after next season for $4 million in dead money vs a $12 million cap hit.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This thread already making some people look silly.

There's probably a Packers board somewhere with a "Christian Watson only has 78 yards and 0 TD's" thread created in week 9 making people look silly too.

It's almost as if it takes most rookies time to find their feet.
Nah, this post, and your earlier ones, make you look silly. Here's a question for the board (and you): What is sillier?

To shout from the rooftops that someone is going to be a solid pro before seeing any evidence of it,

OR

To take a measured approach, wait and see if there is evidence, and then make a rational decision?

Bagging on him as a 2nd-rounder and for making dumb early mistakes in no way assumed he wouldn't become good. As, you know, I and others constantly said. We just wanted to see the positive signs that were very much not present earlier in the season. So, it's nice to see some positive signs, and I'll look for him to keep improving and hopefully start next season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah, this post, and your earlier ones, make you look silly. Here's a question for the board (and you): What is sillier?

To shout from the rooftops that someone is going to be a solid pro before seeing any evidence of it,

OR

To take a measured approach, wait and see if there is evidence, and then make a rational decision?

Bagging on him as a 2nd-rounder and for making dumb early mistakes in no way assumed he wouldn't become good. As, you know, I and others constantly said. We just wanted to see the positive signs that were very much not present earlier in the season. So, it's nice to see some positive signs, and I'll look for him to keep improving and hopefully start next season.

You're talking about the difference between statistical evidence and seeing what the player can do.

I had seen enough from him despite him not getting the ball to see he was going to be a good player. The fact he wasn't getting the ball and was often being missed wasn't his fault.

I literally said it back on page 1

"McBride is going to be fine. You can see he has talent if you watch the player and ignore the stats."

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

OR

Calling him a bust and trash 2nd round pick (it happened) halfway through his rookie season is not bagging on him or looking at things objectively.

Stout

Reaction score
Calling him a bust and trash 2nd round pick (it happened) halfway through his rookie season is not bagging on him or looking at things objectively.
Never said he was a bust. Still think he was a trash 2nd-round pick for us at the time. Just a dumb Keim pick. Now that he's showing some progress, I hope he can live up to his draft status or at least have a solid career here.

Stout

Reaction score
You're talking about the difference between statistical evidence and seeing what the player can do.

I had seen enough from him despite him not getting the ball to see he was going to be a good player. The fact he wasn't getting the ball and was often being missed wasn't his fault.

I literally said it back on page 1

"McBride is going to be fine. You can see he has talent if you watch the player and ignore the stats."
Brit saying he'd seen enough from McBride to "see" he was going to be a good player does not equate any statistical or logical proof that this was or is the case. Early in this thread was your typical blame Kyler for everything approach.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Never said he was a bust. Still think he was a trash 2nd-round pick for us at the time. Just a dumb Keim pick. Now that he's showing some progress, I hope he can live up to his draft status or at least have a solid career here.
Wasn't specific to you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave