Kliff Kingsbury likely out - Outkick.com

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Entering the final game of the season, the Cardinals are 4-12 and in last place in the NFC West.

After starting last season 10-2, the Cardinals have gone 5-17 since — including a non-competitive playoff loss to the Rams in last year’s wild card round.

This right here is the big reason to get rid of him

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Just further boggles the mind as to the decisions made to reward everyone after a second consecutive meltdown to end the season.

And now makes me worry Vance/AW might be the duo moving forward into the lamest of lame duck seasons next year which will be just as disastrous as this one.

Please, please, PLEASE let me be wrong there.
Oof! Really reframes the recent focus on Joseph in Hard Knocks in a dark way.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If we don’t get Payton (and I highly doubt Bidwill would consider Harbaugh), it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Vance is the guy.
Not my 1st, 2nd or even 5th choice, but I guess it could be worse. Maybe he can attract a competent OC (Reich??? If he doesn't get some HC opportunities). It seems that this may be the time Mike B doesn't swing for the fences or go out on any sketchy limbs. The last 2 hires have ended up abysmal.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Not my 1st, 2nd or even 5th choice, but I guess it could be worse. Maybe he can attract a competent OC (Reich??? If he doesn't get some HC opportunities). It seems that this may be the time Mike B doesn't swing for the fences or go out on any sketchy limbs. The last 2 hires have ended up abysmal.
Me neither just speculating. Would be most Bidwillian move I can think of. I do think they want Payton though.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Kliff is gone, is reasonable to expect it to be on black monday? Or will there be some lag time?

Is he gone regardless or only if we get like a Payton or Harbaugh? But Cards couldn't entertain that, uh "legally" unless he's gone though, right?

Do we wait on firing VJ? Is he the backup HC in case we don't get/not interested in Payton/Harbaugh/Whoever?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel its very important to get a good GM in place from outside the organization and let him hire the HC. We don't want any"more of the same".

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oof! Really reframes the recent focus on Joseph in Hard Knocks in a dark way.
Also reframes the way Wolfley, the mouth of Sauron, was fluffing the defense halfway through the season for a couple good games and waiving away awful performances and overall stats because of how much they were “overachieving.”

That’s probably a stretch on second thought. There’s no way this gaggle of morons were honest with themsevles about how big of a train wreck this team was early in the season that might have necessitated major change everywhere.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
As for Kingsbury, everything appears to be on the table—a firing, a negotiated exit or a fifth season in the desert. If Kingsbury’s gone, I’d expect Joseph to be a lead candidate, if not the lead candidate to replace him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so when the Cardinals first signed Kliff to a five year contract, with the fifth year being a team option -

is that a fully guaranteed contract?

i would say no -- its a four year guaranteed contract with a contingent fifth year

i suspect that the Kliff extension has a something similar
Of course it isn't, but I think you knew that wasn't the point I was making.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Weird that it wasn't publicized at the time, along with Keim and Kingsbury's extensions, and that no one in the media thought to ask him about it until now!

...dave
Oddly, depending on the HC it’s possible he stays. They miget actually get him a CB & some line help this year!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
As for Kingsbury, everything appears to be on the table—a firing, a negotiated exit or a fifth season in the desert. If Kingsbury’s gone, I’d expect Joseph to be a lead candidate, if not the lead candidate to replace him.
I think Bidwill believes (he’s wrong of course) that the talent is there with this roster and it’s a matter of motivation and leadership in the locker room.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Speedrunning the legacy of the Bidwills being the worst owners in history. No doubt the Cardinals are the laughingstock of the NFL elite as well, even moreso pretending to be relevant than just a joke of a franchise in years past.

Stop giving this man money.

If this plays out like this of course. But Cardinals are where hope goes to die.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose