Kliff Kingsbury likely out - Outkick.com

OP
OP
Redsz

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
So what's the intent from the Cards of this being leaked ahead of black Monday?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That the contract is fully guaranteed.
It isn't a leak. Coaches and GM contracts are fully guaranteed. That is why the NFL sent out that memo about teams spending 800M dollars on non players in the past 5 years that are no longer working for their teams.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, the only situation remotely similar, that I can think of is way back when Shottenheimer got fired in Kansas City and Gunther Cunningham, who was the DC took over as HC for 2 years. It was obvious he wasn't a good replacement for Marty and was fired after the 2000 season. Now he did leave and go to the Titans for a couple of years, but then he did return to KC to be Defensive Coordinator again during Vermeil's and Herm Edwards' reigns.
He got fired after he was like 14-2 that season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would be wrong. I know it happened with colt and I can’t remember if it was blough or mcsorely but we had to do it twice in one of the last two games. It wasn’t as demonstrative as when kyler did it, but it happened.
Definitely has happened.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He got fired after he was like 14-2 that season.

There was a lot of behind the scenes stuff with that. I think he was pushing his son with more power and ownership said no. There was a huge falling out and the whole thing was blown up essentially. I'm briefly paraphrasing here but that's what I remember on the top of my head.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
It isn't a leak. Coaches and GM contracts are fully guaranteed. That is why the NFL sent out that memo about teams spending 800M dollars on non players in the past 5 years that are no longer working for their teams.

so when the Cardinals first signed Kliff to a five year contract, with the fifth year being a team option -

is that a fully guaranteed contract?

i would say no -- its a four year guaranteed contract with a contingent fifth year

i suspect that the Kliff extension has a something similar

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait… when did it get announced VJ also got extended?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Weird that it wasn't publicized at the time, along with Keim and Kingsbury's extensions, and that no one in the media thought to ask him about it until now!

...dave

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was rather thrown off by it too. It went under the radar for whatever reason it seems during the time Keim and Kliff got extended and apparently there was never an announcement by the Cardinals
Just further boggles the mind as to the decisions made to reward everyone after a second consecutive meltdown to end the season.

And now makes me worry Vance/AW might be the duo moving forward into the lamest of lame duck seasons next year which will be just as disastrous as this one.

Please, please, PLEASE let me be wrong there.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was rather thrown off by it too. It went under the radar for whatever reason it seems during the time Keim and Kliff got extended and apparently there was never an announcement by the Cardinals
U mustn't be surprised
Its the worst ownership in sports combined with the softest local media coverage and great part of their fans...Disinterested

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Just further boggles the mind as to the decisions made to reward everyone after a second consecutive meltdown to end the season.

And now makes me worry Vance might be the duo moving forward into the lamest of lame duck seasons next year which will be just as disastrous as this one.
Not a chance!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And now makes me worry Vance/AW might be the duo moving forward into the lamest of lame duck seasons next year which will be just as disastrous as this one.

Please, please, PLEASE let me be wrong there.
100% this