NFL Sunday Ticket

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I read this right, you can now stream live games through this app on mobile devices. I was paying for something like this through Verizon the last couple of years. I mainly did it for Redzone, all it had was live local games, not any out of market. I think it was only $40 or something close to that. You couldn't cast it to your TV which didn't matter all that much, when I was out and about and the Cards weren't playing until the afternoon, I could just use Redzone to keep up with other games.

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
I didn't receive the letter but my dad did so I called them to complain about it. Went into loyalty and she told me if you are set up for auto renewal you won't get the free offer because they are just assuming you are ok paying for it. She ended up taking that off and giving it to me for free along with a loyalty discount on the rest of my package. If you haven't received the free offer for the ticket I would definitely call in. It's Direct TVs last hurrah on this so seems like they are just giving it away.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a mailer from them that my renewal would be forthcoming at full price. I called them last week and they gave me a $50 credit for 12 months but wouldn't budge on the Sunday Ticket price. :(

I called them back today and explained that my family and friends got it for free and I didn't and I feel insulted. I've been a customer for 17 years. Passed around to 4 different people. And Nothing... Got nothing. Lol.

The last rep said to call back right when the regular season starts and see if there is anything they can do then.....

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I got a mailer from them that my renewal would be forthcoming at full price. I called them last week and they gave me a $50 credit for 12 months but wouldn't budge on the Sunday Ticket price. :(

I called them back today and explained that my family and friends got it for free and I didn't and I feel insulted. I've been a customer for 17 years. Passed around to 4 different people. And Nothing... Got nothing. Lol.

The last rep said to call back right when the regular season starts and see if there is anything they can do then.....
Tell them you want to get rid of Direct TV and, if they don't budge, ask to be connected to the retention department. That usually gets movement, and, if all else fails, retention usually wants to keep you and will budge.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell them you want to get rid of Direct TV and, if they don't budge, ask to be connected to the retention department. That usually gets movement, and, if all else fails, retention usually wants to keep you and will budge.
Did that. They wanted to confirm my address for the return boxes. Lol.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should have a mechanism to pay for 1 game at a time. I’d pay $20-25 a game. I’m consistently out of the market/on trips 1/4-1/2 the season. I’ll be home weeks 1-4 and then deployed 5-7. I’ll listen in with game pass and then watch it in its condensed version a few hours later, but that sucks. Last year when we played Minnesota the audio broadcast literally cut seconds before the FG attempt. I refreshed the scores to figure out they actually missed the attempt and the cardinals won.
Completely agree.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did that. They wanted to confirm my address for the return boxes. Lol.
Good riddens I say. There are options out there that are way better than playing for that crap. Especially if you are in the valley.

Have you tried LocalBTV?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good riddens I say. There are options out there that are way better than playing for that crap. Especially if you are in the valley.

Have you tried LocalBTV?
No I haven't. I like DTV and the interface too much to change, I think. LOL.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn't receive the letter but my dad did so I called them to complain about it. Went into loyalty and she told me if you are set up for auto renewal you won't get the free offer because they are just assuming you are ok paying for it. She ended up taking that off and giving it to me for free along with a loyalty discount on the rest of my package. If you haven't received the free offer for the ticket I would definitely call in. It's Direct TVs last hurrah on this so seems like they are just giving it away.
I’m on auto renewal and still got the letter.

Reactions: PJ1

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
It’s def gotten worse since AT&T took over. They just don’t care as much whether you stay or leave. It really depends on the rep you get I think when you call. It will be interesting to see what the new exp is next year. From what I’ve read it will be a streaming service like Amazon or AppleTV. Regardless rhey have limited ability to change the package or price due to the contracts with the networks. That seems really lame if true but if there is one thing the NfL is good it’s screwing the fans for a buck.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I canceled DIRECT after last season after 22 years saving me 189.00 a month. I did manage to get Sunday ticket free last year.

They sure are trying to get me back I get calls and mailers all the time with offers including free Sunday ticket.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't forget about the free Fox only Sunday Ticket on Sling. I talked about this last year. It still works this year.

Just set your dvr to record all NFL games, new episodes and reruns, maybe just new episodes. I don't remember. But that's it. Come 1 PM Eastern every Sunday, every 1 PM Fox game will be waiting for you on your dvr, regardless of your location. Same at 4 PM. I live in Florida and I will be watching the Cardinals live at 4:00 on Sling for free. It's not my local game. Good news is that the Cardinals only have one more CBS game this year.

I don't know what's taking Sling so long to catch onto this. Who knows. Maybe I'm the only one. I have yet to confirm it works for anybody else.

I think this also works for college football. Every Saturday, I have a million college games saved on the dvr I have to wade through. I don't know if they would all be available in my area. Probably not.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Hopefully youtube tv doesn't raise their prices to make up for this.
Hoping it is just an additional upcharge like adding HBO Max to their service.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose