How bad are we? Here’s the facts, Jack!

MadJack

Veteran
Reaction score
My seatmate of 30 years crunched some numbers out of frustration. These are pure facts so you make the call…

This is the 35th year that the Cardinals have been in Arizona. Unless we win out the last 5 games this season, we will have another losing season. We have only had 7 winning seasons for a 20% success rate!

This is the 17th season at the new stadium, next season will mark the 50/50 split of the ASU days, so no excuse with the venues. After yesterday, we are 230-325-2 in Arizona, 41% wins overall and dropping.

So, tell me, why do I continue to spend thousands annually while dedicating Sundays around such an abysmal product?!? Well, doing the tailgates and seeing old and meeting new friends is the best part but….

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
My seatmate of 30 years crunched some numbers out of frustration. These are pure facts so you make the call…

This is the 35th year that the Cardinals have been in Arizona. Unless we win out the last 5 games this season, we will have another losing season. We have only had 7 winning seasons for a 20% success rate!

This is the 17th season at the new stadium, next season will mark the 50/50 split of the ASU days, so no excuse with the venues. After yesterday, we are 230-325-2 in Arizona, 41% wins overall and dropping.

So, tell me, why do I continue to spend thousands annually while dedicating Sundays around such an abysmal product?!? Well, doing the tailgates and seeing old and meeting new friends is the best part but….
The Bidwills are a generational curse. Incredible that an entire city is held hostage by a family that acquired a team when nobody cared about the NFL, and that we'll be subjected to the same crap until they're gone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I can see, changing GMs is the only hope. Kingsbury and Murray are relatively new additions to the team.

It looks like the owner is not going anywhere.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wow. Cardinals have been in Arizona seven more years than Saint Louis. If I bring up the Bidwill name at gatherings with family or friends in St Louis it produces outrage. Not as bad as it once did as Stan Kronke is public enemy number one. St Louis mostly Chiefs fans now.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
This year, it’s only about the tailgate!
I too crunched some numbers…. If I didn’t buy season tickets for over 25 years, I’d have another $100k in my pocket. That is without the England, Dallas, Las Vegas, KC or NY trips for me and my son. Sick!

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This is why I laugh when posts about how the team has "improved" under Michael's tenure. It's like a poop sandwich -vs- a poop sandwich with salt-they both taste like poop.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thankfully, I do not go to games, so, for me it is just not caring as much that sunday is coming than I used to and I try to replace that waste of time with something more fun and productive.

But then games like the chargers game, I still get sucked in. At least this was a good one.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will always watch no matter if they are 17-0 or 0-17. I love football and will always root for the Cardinals to win, even though I'm disappointed more often than not. Probably will be that way until I die.
I am happy I at least got to see them in a SB, even though it was a loss. Damn you Aaron Francisco.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we supported teams who won every time, it would be pretty boring.

Of course, we could become Yankee rooters and buy ourselves a championship most every year.

Being on the short end of the stick - sucks, but I’d rather watch a competitive contest than buy a perennial winner.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Of course, we could become Yankee rooters and buy ourselves a championship most every year.

Being on the short end of the stick - sucks, but I’d rather watch a competitive contest than buy a perennial winner.
Buying the dbacks World Series felt pretty good.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well isn’t there an in between? I don’t believe we are asking to be the Yankees.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Look, when you view the numbers, the team has gotten better once they moved to the new stadium 17 years ago. HOWEVER, going from 35% wining percentage during SDS days vs 49% after the move doesn’t feel like a win to me. 6 winning seasons, 4 .500 seasons and 7 below .500 seasons suck! Probably on par with everyone else not named Green Bay, Kansas City or a few more.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As far as I can see, changing GMs is the only hope. Kingsbury and Murray are relatively new additions to the team.

It looks like the owner is not going anywhere.
I don't buy this stuff about Bidwill making it impossible for the team to win.

We went to the superbowl with him as owner, it's much more about the GM and coaching staff then the owner. As far as I know Bidwill is not making player selections, or being unwilling to spend money, or his he making coaching decisions. His only fault has been making bad hiring decisions for the GM and coach in my estimation.

Has that been a problem sure, but it's not one that can't be overcome by getting the right people hired which sometimes that can happen just by getting lucky.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look, when you view the numbers, the team has gotten better once they moved to the new stadium 17 years ago. HOWEVER, going from 35% wining percentage during SDS days vs 49% after the move doesn’t feel like a win to me. 6 winning seasons, 4 .500 seasons and 7 below .500 seasons suck! Probably on par with everyone else not named Green Bay, Kansas City or a few more.
What does almost every superbowl winning team have in common? Answer is a top 5 QB or an all time great defense. How many have we had of those? Answer is zero. They also typically have a top flight coach - how many have we had of those - MAYBE 1 in Arians.

Can we blame Keim for never getting us one of those QB's - YEP - he should have gotten us Mahomes - he was there for the taking and I was screaming for them to do it at the time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We went to the superbowl with him as owner, it's much more about the GM and coaching staff then the owner. As far as I know Bidwill is not making player selections, or being unwilling to spend money, or his he making coaching decisions. His only fault has been making bad hiring decisions for the GM and coach in my estimation.

Has that been a problem sure, but it's not one that can't be overcome by getting the right people hired which sometimes that can happen just by getting lucky.

A good owner will step back and let the GM make the decisions.

If the results are not favorable, it falls on the GM. Ultimately, it's up to the owner to hold the GM responsible for the results and change GMs if necessary.

The GM hires the coaches, conducts the draft and signs and retains free agents. He puts the team together.

Look at the Suns under Ryan McDonough compared to James Jones. At least Robert Sarver let Jones do his job.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Were bad enough that every fan should riot outside kliffy boy stupid ass mansion

Cancel season tickets and cards should start handing out head paper bags with fire kliff written on it to wear

This organization is in sad years and it's gonna take a new hc who tries to be creative and none drinking gm

Fingers crossed my God if cards lose like this vs patriots someone cough better be on a plane to another state

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've come over for at least one game a year since the first year in Arizona. Hell, I knew they were bad in the SDS days but I came anyway, they were so bad it was almost fun. I couldn't bring myself to do it this year. It's not as enjoyable since my boy Andy440, RIP, isn't there for tailgate any more and the whole organization just plain sucks. I'm just disgusted more than I've ever been and I've been following them for 50 years. I went to the Suns game Saturday night instead. They won!

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score

But giving contract extensions is a business decision and was made by Bidwil. It was a horrible, inexcusable decision.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
But giving contract extensions is a business decision and was made by Bidwil. It was a horrible, inexcusable decision.
Not to mention Keim keeps hanging on because the rumors are that Bidwill made several coaching hires over his head. It's just a giant clustereff of an ownership/FO/coaching staff tandem.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m not obsessed with the Cardinals like I used to be. I lost hope in Keim and KK last year. And now I’m beginning to doubt KM. Maybe if he was coached and developed he could maximize his potential but as long as Bidwill keeps Keim around we are going to be disappointed.

My love of football in general is waning. I still like it but it’s not going to take over my life anymore

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A good owner will step back and let the GM make the decisions.

If the results are not favorable, it falls on the GM. Ultimately, it's up to the owner to hold the GM responsible for the results and change GMs if necessary.

The GM hires the coaches, conducts the draft and signs and retains free agents. He puts the team together.

Look at the Suns under Ryan McDonough compared to James Jones. At least Robert Sarver let Jones do his job.
How is Bidwill not letting Keim do the job?

His mistake is not firing him for doing the job badly.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
What does almost every superbowl winning team have in common? Answer is a top 5 QB or an all time great defense. How many have we had of those? Answer is zero. They also typically have a top flight coach - how many have we had of those - MAYBE 1 in Arians.

Can we blame Keim for never getting us one of those QB's - YEP - he should have gotten us Mahomes - he was there for the taking and I was screaming for them to do it at the time.
100% agree! I fear if Keim was able to get Mahomes, we still would have nothing to show for it. Keim can’t evaluate the position he played so forget anything else about him…. I think this by itself speaks loudly about what he is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose