Heupel Update

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I truly believe the when will be no sooner than after the 2023 season. The 2022 season will be blamed on injuries to the Oline and not having Hopkins and Brown on the field at the same time for most of the year as well as Connor being off and on with injuries and injuries in the secondary. Besides Bidwill will want some minimum return on the Kingsbury contract

They will paint the 2023 season as having an entire year with Brown and Hopkins as well as an improved Oline (even though we have no idea how that will happen when the only linemen under contract will be Hudson, who will probably retire, Jones, who can't seem to play RT Humphries, Smith and Hayes, who will still be a rookie not having played in 2022) and a healthy secondary as well as improvements from the rookies of 2022 as reasons to believe a resurgence will happen. Of course they will ignore the high possibility that Murphy and Allen will move on to other teams and no plan to replace them, that Ertz and Watt will be a year older as well as Golden.
This is my fear.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Certainly he would be paid well to stay. That said, consider the posts above. Very seldom will the opportunity present itself to go from college to NFL HC. Also Heupel has a big (not mean) ego, so the challenge may be more appealing than you’d expect. He likes to gamble and this would be quite a roll of the dice. Finally if he could solve the Murray puzzle, he’d be highly regarded for years to cone.
I totally get it Harry & there's no guarantees with NFL coordinators but after the failed experiment with KK does another college coach running uptempo make sense? The 3 coordinators I mentioned I'd be very excited to have any of them. We're not getting Sean Payton so people can forget that.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m not for violence but after the clip I heard today from Budda with his passion for the game, frustration, and hate for losing… I’m pretty sure he and his defensive buddies would be more than happy to shove Kylers rear end upder center. Maybe face first. It’s a team game and if that fixes the problem, you do it!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m not for violence but after the clip I heard today from Budda with his passion for the game, frustration, and hate for losing… I’m pretty sure he and his defensive buddies would be more than happy to shove Kylers rear end upder center. Maybe face first. It’s a team game and if that fixes the problem, you do it!
What did he say that leads you to believe that?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It was a clip on the radio. I do not have a link but basically, he almost broke down yelling he is sick of losing and they need to do more, work harder, study more, etc. The radio guys were thinking the clip was leaked for Hard Knocks.
If it's the clip I'm thinking it could be I actually saw that on Sunday during our game coming back from a commercial break? Budda was going off in the locker room, I can't remember everything he said but I do remember him saying "I'm tired of losing". They had on the black unis so it was probably during the Saints game, at what point Idk?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
After watching that, I feel sorry for Baker. He's a passionate guy and I get that. He was truly wearing his emotions on his sleeve. He's stuck in AZ for two more years unless he requests a trade. The sad part is it didn't seem to make any difference based on last Sunday's performance.