The Trade Deadline thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is the problem. It's not that there are no other problems, but they pale into insignificance compared to this.

It's like complaining about your wife's cooking when she's boning your brother.
Damn it Karen! I have asked you repeatedly to NOT cook my dinner while you and Ted are screwing!
I mean, onion salt? Really?? Did you even look at the spice rack!??!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't get the Robbie Anderson trade considering in 2 games they barely played him.

It made sense if Hollywood was out for the season but they said 4-6 weeks and we already used up 2 of them.

So at best, even if Anderson plays every snap from now on, we gave up a 6th and a 7th for a maximum 4 weeks of starting football.
So Keim’s fault? You’ve already absolved kliff of all responsibility.

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cards are the Lakers of the NFL.

Keim will trade away our entire future for mediocre short term results.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is the problem. It's not that there are no other problems, but they pale into insignificance compared to this.

It's like complaining about your wife's cooking when she's boning your brother.
If she can't cook then she might as well be boning the brother lol.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sorry, BritCard, but you are simply not basing your arguments on facts.

First, if you read the CBA you will see that the salary cap is based on revenue, and unless you believe that the revenue (especially TV deals) will suddenly start to plummet (for the first time probably ever), the salary cap will continue rising. This year the salary cap is up 25.7 million from 2021, and the amount has gone up ten years in a row.

Second, there is the history. DaHilg has already explained in this thread how you can look at the Saints and the Rams as the best examples.

As you see, your analogy about domestic finances makes sense from a theoretical standpoint, but since the salary cap goes up so much each year, it makes no sense to talk about it as a tool that restrict teams from doing business. If your salary increased 12-16% each year - and you knew with almost certainty that it would continue to happen for the next many, many years - your budget for domestic finances would be a lot easier to make.

It is a ghost to talk about the salary cap as anything else than a bad excuse.

It doesn't matter how much it goes up when you are continuously borrowing from future years.

This is completely evident in the state of the Saints roster and their cap space next year.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hated the Cody Ford pick when we made it and having watched the Vikings game back I hate it even more.

"Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" has never been more fitting. Watched him pull against a defensive lineman that he had 40lbs on the the guy stone walled him and Eno ran into his back.

Well, not so much he got stone walled as Ford seemed to stop for a chat instead of cleaning the guys clock.

Just as bad in pass pro. Stood there guarding air as Billy Price takes on Za'Darius Smith on his own.

I can't believe Keim gave a 5th round pick for him.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Probably because they don't have a 2023 1st so must have been a '24 and '25.

Otherwise I imagine they would snatch their hand off.

Let the Rams have him for that. I like Burns but he ain't worth that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the Rams are probably going to get Kareem Hunt at least that's the rumor.

Hunt looked great last night again in limited carries, he hasn't had much work of late. I gotta believe he would help them I think their OL is a problem but the backs they have are meh so a guy like Hunt would really help.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how much it goes up when you are continuously borrowing from future years.

This is completely evident in the state of the Saints roster and their cap space next year.
Um.. Saints roster is actually REALLY good.. just a bad QB and a rash of injuries

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sounds like the Rams are probably going to get Kareem Hunt at least that's the rumor.

Hunt looked great last night again in limited carries, he hasn't had much work of late. I gotta believe he would help them I think their OL is a problem but the backs they have are meh so a guy like Hunt would really help.
Hunt is a complete stud.. if Chubb wasn’t in CLE, Hunt would be viewed as a top 10 back maybe higher.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Probably because they don't have a 2023 1st so must have been a '24 and '25.

Otherwise I imagine they would snatch their hand off.

Let the Rams have him for that. I like Burns but he ain't worth that.
I believe it was reported that CAR rejected an offer of 2 first round picks and maybe it was for this reason. They probably don't want to wait 2 years to utilize the compensation, if someone was to offer 2 firsts with the first being in 2024 then maybe they would consider it. But just like LA teams, Rams trying to go all in mid season despite not looking like favorites to return to SB. Must be nice to have big pocket owners willing to pay for titles.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard