The Trade Deadline thread

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes, the Niners have had their share of injuries, but so have the Cardinals. To have to play like 15 straight games without your future HOF WR1 has made it near impossible for this offense to continue to develop. Hollywood was a nice addition, but he's not a WR1, and he's only a legit great threat when there is a WR1 on the field. Add an OL, that has been nothing but musical chairs for the last year or so, and Conner continuing his inability to stay healthy, that just adds to the mess. Our DL was devastated last year down the stretch, and now without Lawrence (who is OK when healthy, but NEVER healthy), I don't see how teams won't continue to run all over us. We have 3 critical divisional games coming up. I believe the Seattle game is a must win game & we need to win at least 1 from LAR/SF, but preferably both. Great to have Hop back, but if we continue to suck in the trenches, it'll take almost a miracle to win all 3. Hoping to see Conner & Humphries back on the field for the Seattle game.
If we don't win 2 of the 3 the season is over imo. If we lose Sunday even I think **** is gonna hit the fan, especially if the same stupid mistakes keep happening. I have no problem using the timeouts not getting a play in on time towards the end of a half cause we can't use them in the 2nd half. There's no excuse for wasting them early because you can't get a play called in time. KK should have plays in his pocket 2 or 3 at a time for every situation, especially in the red zone. He's an offensive genius remember lol.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hollywood was a nice addition, but he's not a WR1, and he's only a legit great threat when there is a WR1 on the field.
What a weird claim. He was the WR1 all three years in Baltimore (though surpassed by TE Andrews in receiving yards 2 of his 3 years). He was the WR1 all 6 games in Arizona and on pace for 122 catches & 1374 yards before injury as the #1 WR in Arizona.

...dave

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The Cards were caught in a tough spot trade-wise. The guys they asked about were requiring first or second picks. Spending that level only made sense if they were certain they could retain the player going forward. That made the target window too small. I think they might have gambled with a better record, but taking the long view made more sense.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Cards were caught in a tough spot trade-wise. The guys they asked about were requiring first or second picks. Spending that level only made sense if they were certain they could retain the player going forward. That made the target window too small. I think they might have gambled with a better record, but taking the long view made more sense.
I agree...I'm sure they made a bid for Chubb, but in no way were they going to sign an extension for $120 million, before he even suited up for the team.... especially with other impending, in house extensions due by year's end.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree...I'm sure they made a bid for Chubb, but in no way were they going to sign an extension for $120 million, before he even suited up for the team.... especially with other impending, in house extensions due by year's end.

I think Miami massively overpaid. Both in trade comp and contract.

That's regular 15 sack a year compensation and money and he hasn't passed 7.5 since his rookie year. It's a big gamble.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Miami massively overpaid. Both in trade comp and contract.

That's regular 15 sack a year compensation and money and he hasn't passed 7.5 since his rookie year. It's a big gamble.
Big risk but $62M guaranteed so if he doesn't work out they are on hook for just over half on contract. Stephen Ross just printing money these days.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
I’m very surprised that we didn’t make a trade to improve the team. The one thing that Steve Keim does really well is making trades.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha? You're "sure" in no way they would give him an extension?

Didn't they just sign someone for twice that? These are our Cards were talking about here. Anything possible with our FO:hammer:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ha? You're "sure" in no way they would give him an extension?

Didn't they just sign someone for twice that? These are our Cards were talking about here. Anything possible with our FO:hammer:
Read the rest of my post. I'm sure they wouldn't give him an extension, before he even plays for the team AND with all of the other in-house extensions due at the end of the year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard