The Trade Deadline thread

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured we need somewhere to post all rumors and trade action going down instead of several threads.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Is he even available? I prefer him to Chubb because of injury but I haven't seen any indication he's available. That site says the Cards should trade for every rumored player so not surprised they bring him up. he's really good but it would surprise me if the Jags traded him

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is he even available? I prefer him to Chubb because of injury but I haven't seen any indication he's available. That site says the Cards should trade for every rumored player so not surprised they bring him up. he's really good but it would surprise me if the Jags traded him

I could see a scenario where they consider it. They have 3 first round edge guys, albeit Chaisson is a failure in progress.

He's FA after next season and the Jags are already $11m over the cap for next year.

Man they have some UGLY cap hits next year for average players. Cam Robinson $22.5m. Foyesade Oloukun $19.1m, Shaq Griffin $17.5m.

Shaq is getting cut for sure with only $4m dead cap but other than that and trading Allen there are no decent savings to be had on that roster. Everyone else carries big dead money.

And they still need to resign or replace Jawaan Taylor. Marvin Jones. Evan Engram and several D line.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see a scenario where they consider it. They have 3 first round edge guys, albeit Chaisson is a failure in progress.

He's FA after next season and the Jags are already $11m over the cap for next year.

Man they have some UGLY cap hits next year for average players. Cam Robinson $22.5m. Foyesade Oloukun $19.1m, Shaq Griffin $17.5m.

Shaq is getting cut for sure with only $4m dead cap but other than that and trading Allen there are no decent savings to be had on that roster. Everyone else carries big dead money.

And they still need to resign or replace Jawaan Taylor. Marvin Jones. Evan Engram and several D line.

Wouldn't hurt to ask although they'd have to know they can sign him again we don't want a rental. He's an exceptional pass rusher

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt to ask although they'd have to know they can sign him again we don't want a rental. He's an exceptional pass rusher

I like him. But his numbers are pretty underwhelming recently.

Had a great rookie season with 10.5 sacks. Then only played 7 games in year 2 with only 2.5 sacks.

Played in 16 games last year and only 7.5 sacks then only 3 this year in 7 despite having someone opposite him now.

But he gets DT'd a lot and is in the right box to be in on PRWR

Chandler Jones was better when we traded for him and he cost a 2nd so whats the ceiling for Allen? 2nd?

You must be registered for see images attach

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

To me, that would be all the more reason for JAX to keep him. I don't think he's available, just website click bait. However, IF he is available and a 2nd is asking price then you jump if your ARZ.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

And threw that fat check to Kick this summer. Wow

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
All I can say is that I'm hoarding a few assets to hope they have late-season fantasy value after a trade. I don't think we'll make any significant moves.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think that this year will see a lot of trades, and more big names than usual. And naturally I hope we get one and have to give up a high draft pick. And I mean high enough that half the Board loses their minds. Of course next year's Draft I would expect the same people to complain about the guys drafted by SK, just will have fewer picks to complain about. I see it as a Win, Win, Win situation.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
These two would be interesting gets as well. Getting Jackson would mean the end of Murphy in Arizona IMO.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave