The Trade Deadline thread

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would appear that since the Cardinals are not making a trade that Keim and KK are not feeling the pressure to win now. The lack of urgency on this team from play calling to making this team better is astounding.
Do you really believe acquiring one more veteran is what is going to get us in the playoffs, cause I don't.

Personally I would rather keep the draft picks and pray Keim gets lucky.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Do you really believe acquiring one more veteran is what is going to get us in the playoffs, cause I don't.

Personally I would rather keep the draft picks and pray Keim gets lucky.
There is no one better than Brian Burns in the draft after pick 10 which is where Cardinals will likely pick. I would have offered it to Panthers.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So we did get Gruiger Hill.. led Texans in tackles last year (largely by default as Kirksey missed a lot of time).

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I believe the talent is on the team to make the playoffs but we don't have the coaching or a GM that can get us there. Getting a good pass rusher sure wouldn't hurt. My point was they don't seem to have any pressure on them to win now.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Why did the Bills trade for Hines when they drafted Cook?!

I wish we would have traded for Cook then.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
So many things here...Lions traded Hockenson to a rival for that?

Hockenson should give a portion of all his money to Kittle. That dude paved the way for Hockenson to get drafted in the first rd.

Hockenson can't block and Kittle is a monster.

You must be registered for see images attach

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no one better than Brian Burns in the draft after pick 10 which is where Cardinals will likely pick. I would have offered it to Panthers.
A team cannot keep trying to “ build” by acquiring high cost free agents. If we were 6-2 you might jump at a rent a player. If anything this team should be sellers…. Except we ain’t got nobody to sell :-(

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They supposedly were offered 2 firsts for him and turned it down.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This just in. While at lunch SK closed a major deal, which he described as a Blockbuster. But, because he was slurring his words and didn't want the NFL offices to know he'd been drinking, he asked Kliff to make the call. And, as luck would have it Kliff got the call in too late. And the deal fell through. Damn!
To which Roger Goodell's secretary said, "Calm the f&%k down!"

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turns out Edmonds was an awful fit for the outside-zone scheme Mike McDaniel runs.

I also wanted Chase over Connor, but it’s just another reason why you don’t pay RBs.

that explains why they traded for Jeff Wilson too. Good thing I didn't cut him in fantasy he may actually play in Miami

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s not startable unless Mostert goes down…. But based on his history it could happen.

He will probably start for me this week! I have 3 guys on bye, I have Hollywood on IR, I have Andrews out hurt. I hopefully get Hubbard back. My backup TE Dulcich is one of the BYE guys so I probably need a TE.

There's literally no decent RB's available in my league so I may have to start Wilson.

I went from 2nd best to worst team in the league in the last 4 weeks due to injuries so the CMC trade was bad for me since it buried Wilson.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I believe the talent is on the team to make the playoffs but we don't have the coaching or a GM that can get us there. Getting a good pass rusher sure wouldn't hurt. My point was they don't seem to have any pressure on them to win now.
If you believe this team has the talent to make the playoffs, then you have to give credit to the GM who assembled that talent.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you believe this team has the talent to make the playoffs, then you have to give credit to the GM who assembled that talent.

Kind of. Look at our division the best team right now is Seattle and they're not very good. We have as much talent as they do they're just getting much better coaching and better QB play.

SF has the most talent IMO but they've had all sorts of injuries.

I still expect SF to win the division. The Rams could have contended had they got Kareem Hunt but apparently they balked at giving up a 4th rounder for him.

So we're in a weird division where literally anybody could get hot and make the playoffs although we're obviously the least likely of the 4.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kind of. Look at our division the best team right now is Seattle and they're not very good. We have as much talent as they do they're just getting much better coaching and better QB play.

SF has the most talent IMO but they've had all sorts of injuries.

I still expect SF to win the division. The Rams could have contended had they got Kareem Hunt but apparently they balked at giving up a 4th rounder for him.

So we're in a weird division where literally anybody could get hot and make the playoffs although we're obviously the least likely of the 4.
Yes, the Niners have had their share of injuries, but so have the Cardinals. To have to play like 15 straight games without your future HOF WR1 has made it near impossible for this offense to continue to develop. Hollywood was a nice addition, but he's not a WR1, and he's only a legit great threat when there is a WR1 on the field. Add an OL, that has been nothing but musical chairs for the last year or so, and Conner continuing his inability to stay healthy, that just adds to the mess. Our DL was devastated last year down the stretch, and now without Lawrence (who is OK when healthy, but NEVER healthy), I don't see how teams won't continue to run all over us. We have 3 critical divisional games coming up. I believe the Seattle game is a must win game & we need to win at least 1 from LAR/SF, but preferably both. Great to have Hop back, but if we continue to suck in the trenches, it'll take almost a miracle to win all 3. Hoping to see Conner & Humphries back on the field for the Seattle game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Niners have had their share of injuries, but so have the Cardinals. To have to play like 15 straight games without your future HOF WR1 has made it near impossible for this offense to continue to develop. Hollywood was a nice addition, but he's not a WR1, and he's only a legit great threat when there is a WR1 on the field. Add an OL, that has been nothing but musical chairs for the last year or so, and Conner continuing his inability to stay healthy, that just adds to the mess. Our DL was devastated last year down the stretch, and now without Lawrence (who is OK when healthy, but NEVER healthy), I don't see how teams won't continue to run all over us. We have 3 critical divisional games coming up. I believe the Seattle game is a must win game & we need to win at least 1 from LAR/SF, but preferably both. Great to have Hop back, but if we continue to suck in the trenches, it'll take almost a miracle to win all 3. Hoping to see Conner & Humphries back on the field for the Seattle game.

I agree but with a caveat, the guys the 49ers are missing are better players than the guys we're missing, excepting D hop before and Hollywood now. They just blew out the Rams without Deebo.

They have been playing without Armstead, they played without Bosa, they are missing key LB's key CB's etc.

Our big issue right now IMO is the OL, 3 starters out made the OL VERY bad and the concern is that Jones actually played quite well but Ford, Price and 2 actual starters were brutally bad.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree but with a caveat, the guys the 49ers are missing are better players than the guys we're missing, excepting D hop before and Hollywood now. They just blew out the Rams without Deebo.

They have been playing without Armstead, they played without Bosa, they are missing key LB's key CB's etc.

Our big issue right now IMO is the OL, 3 starters out made the OL VERY bad and the concern is that Jones actually played quite well but Ford, Price and 2 actual starters were brutally bad.
Can't argue your point at all. Shanahan & his staff are at least 10X better than what we have on our sideline, and even without Deebo, they can still run the hell out of the ball. Something we can't do unless Murray runs for 50+ yards every game. Your last paragraph is 100% hitting the nail on the head. Even with Hop in the lineup, you can't overcome a crappy OL against MOST of the NFL.