The Trade Deadline thread

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem with any Bradley Chubb trade is that contending teams will overpay and force up the price.

If 33 year old Robert Quinn is costing a 4th for 10 games what's Denver going to want for Chubb? He's A soon so anything they can get is a bonus and normally I'd say his value was only a 3rd because of that. But the Eagles already drove the price up with the Quinn trade and a contender or a desperate team like the Bucs will surely overpay for him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The problem with any Bradley Chubb trade is that contending teams will overpay and force up the price.

Outside of the injury concerns - he is worth a 2nd round pick IMO (just like Chandler Jones). Because of the injury risk - he is probably worth a 3rd (he is only 26).

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Outside of the injury concerns - he is worth a 2nd round pick IMO (just like Chandler Jones). Because of the injury risk - he is probably worth a 3rd (he is only 26).

Chandler still had a 5th year to play though under market value. That gave the trade more value. I think a 3rd is fair but I can see someone giving up a 2nd and 4th for him.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Hockenson has not had the impact everyone expected. I wouldn't call him a bust but certainly not worthy of the high 1st round selection at this point.

Seems to flash talent - hopefully he finds the right offense to showcase that talent consistently.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Jones didn't have injury history and it also cost a player, along with the 2nd round pick. Does Denver need a Center? Send a 3rd and Hudson.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They can’t pay Chubb his market value it would be a rental IMO.
They can easily pay market value or even more, GatorAZ. Don't put any stock into the salary cap. It lost all relevance with the new CBA in 2011, and now it is primarily useful as a convinient excuse from personnel people as to way they don't pay enough to attract player X and Y, since many people still believe in the salary cap's importance.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The word is the Cards are very active in trade talks. I expect something to happen. I hope if they give an early pick it’s for a player they are committed to keeping beyond 2022. This team is not deep enough to get into rentals.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The word is the Cards are very active in trade talks. I expect something to happen. I hope if they give an early pick it’s for a player they are committed to keeping beyond 2022. This team is not deep enough to get into rentals.

What is your best guess on the top 3 players they might be targeting?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What kind of trade though? We're not in position for a big trade. We don't have a lot of cap space (now or next year) and the team is not close enough to challenge.

I we looking at another Robbie Anderson type move?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At the trade deadline, can a heavily used all city miles diseased with an incurable infectious losing franchise be sold for a few billion dollars? Asking for a rotten local franchise top down.