Cardinals Seahawks: The everything wrong with Kyler thread

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was 8th before, now he 6th?

He's actually 18th. Only percentage matters, not absolute numbers.
You must be registered for see images attach

Made a mistake originally because as you can see he’s actually tied for 6th. Why does percentages only matter? Because it supports your argument? He doesn’t get pressured when we throw 5+ screens a week so obviously the numbers won’t seem as inflated.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Made a mistake originally because as you can see he’s actually tied for 6th. Why does percentages only matter? Because it supports your argument? He doesn’t get pressured when we throw 5+ screens a week so obviously the numbers won’t seem as inflated.

For obvious reasons. Because Justin Fields hardly passes so will have lower numbers. But as a percentage he's one of the most pressured in the league.

Kyler has the most pass attempts so will always be higher.

Percentage is the only metric that accounts for this and gives an accurate comparison.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For obvious reasons. Because Justin Fields hardly passes so will have lower numbers. But as a percentage he's one of the most pressured in the league.

Kyler has the most pass attempts so will always be higher.

Percentage is the only metric that accounts for this and gives an accurate comparison.
Where’s your metric for pass behind the LOS? You continuously ignore the fact that our QB has the lowest pocket time, yet have such a huge amount of pressures. If you honestly think our line isn’t a problem, then you and I have nothing to talk about on this subject. I’ll let you continue with your regularly scheduled agenda

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He was far more patient in the pocket last year and far more accurate downfield.
I think there is a lot to this

He has been missing deep throws BY A MILE, and often short.

my 100% speculative take: he did something to his shoulder or arm in training camp or the offseason. Could be one of those "over use" injuries, could be he bulked up so much that its changed his motion.

As an example, it doesn't take much to tweak a rotator cuff enough to be uncomfortable but still be able to function. Shoulders take forever to heal as well.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler is apparently the lowest rated starter in the NFL against man to man which is why he did so well last week against Seattle running teh ball. It's much easier to run against man because the DB's have their back to the QB running with the WR often.

But because we have D Hop, we will probably see more zone now because if you play Hop man to man you have to bring a safety to help and then it's harder to cover everyone else.

So the team in the NFL that plays man to man the most? The Saints.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler is apparently the lowest rated starter in the NFL against man to man which is why he did so well last week against Seattle running teh ball. It's much easier to run against man because the DB's have their back to the QB running with the WR often.

But because we have D Hop, we will probably see more zone now because if you play Hop man to man you have to bring a safety to help and then it's harder to cover everyone else.

So the team in the NFL that plays man to man the most? The Saints.
I thought we were going to win last week, so what do I know?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought we were going to win last week, so what do I know?

I thought we were going to put up 30 so I know nothing either. But that's why Kyler was so effective running the ball last week Seattle played lots of man.

Note, NO doesn't have Lattimore so they will probably play less man

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Know what was maddening? We passed to hop 14 times last night, but otherwise only 3 passes to other wideouts. Against a team with all backup corners.
Hopkins was also open much of the night. If I have the choice between Greg Dortch, a quickly declining Zach Ertz or DeAndre Hopkins, I'm going with Hopkins every time until they start covering him tighter. No offense to Dortch, but he is no Nuk.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Because he has turned into a catch and fall TE? His YAC is down almost 2 yards per catch from last year.
Which of his receptions from the past few weeks do you feel like a different TE would have been able to get YAC from?

He has to climb the ladder to even catch these balls most of the time.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Being objective, I think that if we are to win tonight, it will be our Defense that wins the game for us. I still have faith that the Offense will improve, but that probably won't happen until Week Eight. That will give Hop and Robbie Anderson time to get up to speed, and hopefully have Conner, Ford and Hudson in better health. And naturally that means no serious injuries, tonight. JMO.
Think I nailed the first part of my prediction, with the win over NO. Now onto Week Eight, and an improved Offense (fingers crossed).

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Except it wasn't the defense that won the game; it was Andy Dalton. Red Rifle for Cards MVP!

Mostly just joshing you.
I'll take the MOSTLY JOSHING. But in fairness to Dalton, the Wilson int was on a tipped ball by the receiver. And, Simmons' one handed int was a great catch. I feel good about my prediction, but I'll feel even better, when after additional PT our Offense performs better in MN. And, I'm pretty sure they'll have to if we won't have Lawrence. IMO, the Vikings have the best RB and WR combo in the NFL.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is telling. Pure passing EPA when removing screens etc

Kyler 21st. Behind Pickett, Wentz, Brissett, Goff, Russ, Winston and Mariotta.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can you explain what that means? I don't know if it is good or bad? Pure pass epa? Why do they not include screens, etc.?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
What a strange offense. Obvious they just can't finish.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
the meta explanation:

play bend but dont break defense: give up the 5-7 yard completion or 3-5 yard run, but nothing more. As the field compresses in the red zone and especially goal to go -- you can cover those 5-yard completions/runs without worrying about the deeper stuff.

Count on the law of averages catching up before a TD is scored: the Cards offense will have two unproductive snaps in a row -- batted pass, off target throw, etc.

this is both a Card problem and an NFL problem -- but the Cards are really struggling with it.

its interesting that on successful TDs in red zone / goal to go: they typically have featured a strong run to get them inside the 3

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson