Kyler Murray does not care about Kingsbury's job

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is another look at it.

By Arizona Sports:

Murray said postgame that Kingsbury was animated on the sideline and he wanted his head coach to calm himself.

“He’s really animated over there on the sidelines sometimes, so it’s ‘calm down, we’re good, we’re gonna make it right,'” Murray said. “We ended up scoring so that was good. That’s all I was saying, ‘chill out.'”

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff ain't perfect but after last night he has a winning record. How many times have fans here had a coach that has a winning record in season 4?

If you're younger that 50 it's 2 besides Kliff. BA and Whiz. If you're a bit older then you can add in Coryell.

That's it. How about we give him a chance?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Regarding what happened with Kyler.

I like him showing some passion for once. He's usually a zombie. I don't mind him getting heated with a coach.

I don't like his words though. It's one thing shouting "Get the play in" or something. It's another thing shouting "Calm the **** down" to your HC.

It was on Kyler anyway. He said afterwards it was on him not getting lined up in time and Kliff was pissed at him (I like that too). So Kyler had no reason to shout at Kliff, it was Kyler's mistake. He should be saying "My bad coach".

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunate this all happened during a nationally televised game. A game in which  the topic was Kingsbury's coaching issues. A game in which we were the only game on TV. I'm sure it was totally spur of the moment. A coincidence.

I honestly believe some of y'all are going to be appalled when hard knocks gets up in here.

Yeah, KM was just looking for an opportunity to show up KK. :shrug: :shrug::shrug:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see what you're saying, and I also agree (mostly) with your other belief about getting the play in on time. I wasn't referring to halftimes though and now I'm confused. Is Hopkins saying they had a players only meeting at halftime? My assumption (my bad frankly) was that the players only meeting occurred "off hours" so to speak (not during a game). My reading comprehension must be zero this morning. If I'm completely mistaken apologies and I'll actually delete my previous post(s).

(edit: it matters when these meetings take place, if it's halftime of a game I would chalk it up to emotions and guys being like we're playing terrible let's fix it, but if the meeting is outside of a game, to me anyway, it says there's more forethought and planning and thinking about it. To me it's a whole different animal)

No he's saying that had one I assume after Seattle but before new Orleans.

I will say this, in my experience as a fan, when teams are having players only meetings it almost always means there's issues with management and or coaches. It doesn't mean they are all in there pointing fingers at Kliff but it does mean they're trying to pull together as a team. When a losing team does NOT have issues like that is when I get concerned because it means they don't care

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No he's saying that had one I assume after Seattle but before new Orleans.

I will say this, in my experience as a fan, when teams are having players only meetings it almost always means there's issues with management and or coaches. It doesn't mean they are all in there pointing fingers at Kliff but it does mean they're trying to pull together as a team. When a losing team does NOT have issues like that is when I get concerned because it means they don't care
I agree with almost all of this. I think if the players-only meeting is outside of a game it's 100% an issue with management. I think my original post is too hyperbolic, or imprecise, because there's a huge difference (for me, as a fan anyway) between meeting at halftime against the Raiders and what apparently has happened now. Although one could probably point to the former as a sign of dysfunction to begin with.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm having an old dude day apparently lol

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Here is another look at it.

By Arizona Sports:

Murray said postgame that Kingsbury was animated on the sideline and he wanted his head coach to calm himself.

“He’s really animated over there on the sidelines sometimes, so it’s ‘calm down, we’re good, we’re gonna make it right,'” Murray said. “We ended up scoring so that was good. That’s all I was saying, ‘chill out.'”

So he takes off his helmet while approaching KK and is yelling at him for all America to see. He was trying to calm down KK, yeah, right.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler must have lost a ton of cod experience!!!! For being that angry lol

Love the motivation attitude by Murray you know he wants the main prize!

Last edited:

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff ain't perfect but after last night he has a winning record. How many times have fans here had a coach that has a winning record in season 4?

If you're younger that 50 it's 2 besides Kliff. BA and Whiz. If you're a bit older then you can add in Coryell.

That's it. How about we give him a chance?
Kliff doesn’t have a winning record. He’s 27-28-1.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
:)

Weird joke.
People are on the KK train or the KM train. It's quite funny. So when one wants to seemingly make a statement of KK's record, it's funny to remember he has a decent record with a backup QB.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are on the KK train or the KM train. It's quite funny. So when one wants to seemingly make a statement of KK's record, it's funny to remember he has a decent record with a backup QB.
I guess. The whole Colt McCoy record has been talked about quite a bit.

We are hitched to this train for the foreseeable future.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Anyone have at least one example of a players only meeting improving a season? In the NBA or the NFL? I'd like a reference point with some metrics as opposed to, I don't know, random feel-good statements.

(Edit: I seem to recall Bill Parcels actually saying the opposite when Keshawn Johnson had one with the Jets I believe. He referred to Johnson as "she" in that press conference)

https://www.joebucsfan.com/2022/10/bucs-had-players-only-meeting/ OH MY GOD, THE BUCS HAD A PLAYERS ONLY MEETING THIS WEEK, TOO! THE SKY IN TAMPA IS FALLING!!!!!!

https://www.celticsblog.com/2022/4/...on-nba-jayson-tatum-jaylen-brown-marcus-smart Here's a great article about the Celtics turning things around with a series of players only meetings.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'm not taking a side but there is a problem and it needs to get resolved. It's not going away any time soon.
I get that. I was referring to what KM said about calming him down. He could have done the same thing with his helmet on but no, look at me on the national stage.