Locker room talk, after the Eagles game. 10/9/22

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I too wish he'd have gotten 1 more yard before sliding(which is a good decision to save time, no pileup or being held down by defenders), but you do also know the players can't see the yellow line, right?
I don't even know what to say here. This couldn't be more wrong unless every word was misspelled lol

How about sliding is dumb and arbitrary in how the ball is spotted and it would never be the right decision on this play, and I expect my top-3 paid QB to know the freaking yard to gain mark on any given play, but especially on such an important play.

Yeah, that works.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
But Kliff, what the hell would you have done if we came up 3 yards short? It wasn’t like there was only 4 seconds left.
In a situation like this the head coach ( and QB) has always got to be thinking what if we make a first down, what if we don’t get the first down.
There was enough time to call a play, get the first down(or not) and then spike it.
The only thing worse is if we tried to run for a first down and come up short and half to run the kicking team on to the field as the clock was winding down.
All that said, a professional kicker should make that kick. Thanks Mr. Keim for another great decision.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Every Cardinal player went driving home ticked that the freaking kicker could not handle a 43 yard field goal, and he should be shown the door by tomorrow

urs

All Star
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say here. This couldn't be more wrong unless every word was misspelled lol

How about sliding is dumb and arbitrary in how the ball is spotted and it would never be the right decision on this play, and I expect my top-3 paid QB to know the freaking yard to gain mark on any given play, but especially on such an important play.

Yeah, that works.
You couldn't be more wrong. No use in discussing further with you, football knowledge isn't your strong suit. That's cool. Enjoy your evening.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude, that's all you've done on this thread. You'd already be gone if it weren't the cooling-off period.
I’m not the one with the name-calling & cursing up a storm. I have yet to get timed out because I’m not overstepping any boundaries or rules. I have seen you get timed out for those reasons. You want me to get angry like you. I will not do that.

Stout

Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong. No use in discussing further with you, football knowledge isn't your strong suit. That's cool. Enjoy your evening.
So sliding when trying to get the first down with very little time on the clock at the end of the game is a smart move? I'm going to just go with the "I'm rubber and you're glue" response here lol

You are seriously saying KM was smart to slide in that situation? That's really the hill you want to die on? Hoo boy...

Stout

Reaction score
I’m not the one with the name-calling & cursing up a storm. I have yet to get timed out because I’m not overstepping any boundaries or rules. I have seen you get timed out for those reasons. You want me to get angry like you. I will not do that.
This all started with a post where you literally did nothing but try to make fun of me. You always try and always laughably fail to deflect in these situations. You trolled. You got called on it. Suck it up and post another day. It's not the end of the world, brah.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
So sliding when trying to get the first down with very little time on the clock at the end of the game is a smart move? I'm going to just go with the "I'm rubber and you're glue" response here lol

You are seriously saying KM was smart to slide in that situation? That's really the hill you want to die on? Hoo boy...
Yes, refs see it as player giving himself up, he can immediately hand ball to ref to get it spotted. The problem wasn't sliding, it's where he slid. Sliding avoids having defensive players piled on him and the ball letting time tick off before refs come in to get the ball.

Stout

Reaction score
Yes, refs see it as player giving himself up, he can immediately hand ball to ref to get it spotted. The problem wasn't sliding, it's where he slid. Sliding avoids having defensive players piled on him and the ball letting time tick off before refs come in to get the ball.
The problem is that this was a slide or not slide situation. Slide and don't get the first down, or put your head down, accept contact, and get the first down. We know which option he took.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
The problem is that this was a slide or not slide situation. Slide and don't get the first down, or put your head down, accept contact, and get the first down. We know which option he took.
He could have slid later and not been contacted too, there was room. Where he slid was the issue and that is 100% on him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This all started with a post where you literally did nothing but try to make fun of me. You always try and always laughably fail to deflect in these situations. You trolled. You got called on it. Suck it up and post another day. It's not the end of the world, brah.
That’s not making fun, that’s the honest truth.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
Uh… That’s Stout’s point. Sliding short of the first down was playing stupid/scared football.
My point was that sliding was the right move, he just needed to start it 1 yard further. He was arguing that sliding was the wrong move. I don't think anyone is defending Kyler going down before the line, that's not even in question here

Edit: I didn't see it as being scared, I think he believed he got the first. He still had a couple yards before contact would have gotten him so I never considered it a scared thing.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point was that sliding was the right move, he just needed to start it 1 yard further. He was arguing that sliding was the wrong move. I don't think anyone is defending Kyler going down before the line, that's not even in question here

Edit: I didn't see it as being scared, I think he believed he got the first. He still had a couple yards before contact would have gotten him so I never considered it a scared thing.

Overall Fair… I would lightly argue that your captain team leader in that situation has to know he’s made the first. There can be no question.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
All KM had to do was dive forward rather that slide, but that requires a little toughness. Regardless... I'm pretty certain that kicker would've missed it from 30 yards. He had already psyched himself out so he was a lost cause from the get-go.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
So if he get's the first down, so what? They spike it and it's second down. There were 20 seconds left, and they're out of time outs. The get a two more plays, maybe one at most which could have been run in the middle of the field. With the defense playing back you want to take some shots into the endzone?

Do you really think that kicker was a lock to make if from 33 instead of 43?

I'm not saying it wasn't a bad play, it was, although the run itself did pick up, what, 8 or 10 yards. But saying that play lost us the game isn't fair.

And @Stout, I saw K1 stand in the pocket and take some shots while delivering the ball today, so you calling him a coward and whatever is bs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose