MCU: Deadpool & Wolverine

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Both Infinity War and End Game were huge. It's going to be hard to replicate that. You have to get everyone to buy into the next generation of Avengers, then build up a bad guy (they are trying with Kang) then have a huge event like conclusion. It's possible but it's going to be hard to pull it off twice IMO.

Having said that Deadpool is a totally different kind of property like the Avengers. It's not all encompassing. So, I don't see the correlation.
Kang has been doggy doo doo so far. Freaking Ronin was more compelling.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kang has been doggy doo doo so far. Freaking Ronin was more compelling.
They have not done much with Kang yet so I reserve judgement. At the very start of them using Thanos is small Cameos I very much felt like "so what".

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
They have not done much with Kang yet so I reserve judgement. At the very start of them using Thanos is small Cameos I very much felt like "so what".
I haven't felt "so what" about Kang. I felt like he was a godawful, Snidely Whiplash, mustache-twirling caricature. His whole intro was a sad muhahaha fest.

I never felt that way about Thanos.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't felt "so what" about Kang. I felt like he was a godawful, Snidely Whiplash, mustache-twirling caricature. His whole intro was a sad muhahaha fest.

I never felt that way about Thanos.
Well I certainly did and we have no idea what Kang is going to be like since the version we were introduced to is dead and a new version is the one that we have not been introduced to yet.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not there, but it's definitely top 10 for me. Magnificent movie.
Yeah, not my favorite but much better than I expected and far better than anything since Endgame outside Spiderman imo.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Well I certainly did and we have no idea what Kang is going to be like since the version we were introduced to is dead and a new version is the one that we have not been introduced to yet.
Might want to put that in spoilers for those of us who haven’t seen the new Antman yet.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might want to put that in spoilers for those of us who haven’t seen the new Antman yet.
I said nothing that spoils Antman. My statement was referring to the Disney+ series Loki. The only reference to Antman I made is that we have not been introduced to this version of Kang.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Improvisation is considered a rewrite of the script apparently.
It's like telling Jim Carry, Robin Williams, etc, Hey, we have you on Who's Line Is it, Anyway, but here's the catch, you HAVE to stick to the script. What's the point? :shrug:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you not improvise? That doesn't involve writers at all? I love contracts! (NOT)

Could be wrong but I think there could be an issue since Ryan Reynolds is a credited writer on Deadpool and so he's wearing multiple hats. Improvising as an actor is one thing but it would also be like rewriting the script as a writer and since there's a strike, that could be viewed as crossing the picket line in a way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose