MCU: Deadpool & Wolverine

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Could be wrong but I think there could be an issue since Ryan Reynolds is a credited writer on Deadpool and so he's wearing multiple hats. Improvising as an actor is one thing but it would also be like rewriting the script as a writer and since there's a strike, that could be viewed as crossing the picket line in a way.
Oh, that makes sense.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's like telling Jim Carry, Robin Williams, etc, Hey, we have you on Who's Line Is it, Anyway, but here's the catch, you HAVE to stick to the script. What's the point? :shrug:
I think it’s (a) how the industry developed; but also (b) provides writers with some level of artistic integrity. Obviously for the best improvisers they probably let it go. But during a writers strike this type of thing comes into focus.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be wrong but I think there could be an issue since Ryan Reynolds is a credited writer on Deadpool and so he's wearing multiple hats. Improvising as an actor is one thing but it would also be like rewriting the script as a writer and since there's a strike, that could be viewed as crossing the picket line in a way.
Reynolds being a credited writer is immaterial to the issue. No one on set can create/write new dialogue without being a scab. Dialogue, changes to dialogue, cuts to dialogue is all writing and rewriting. Script supervisor marks it down on the page, especially if the director likes the take.

anyone who chooses to make up new dialogue is basically a scab.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Reynolds being a credited writer is immaterial to the issue. No one on set can create/write new dialogue without being a scab. Dialogue, changes to dialogue, cuts to dialogue is all writing and rewriting. Script supervisor marks it down on the page, especially if the director likes the take.

anyone who chooses to make up new dialogue is basically a scab.
I get what you are saying. Reynolds probably supports the writers, too. Hopefully the strike is over soon. You can always reshoot scenes, too!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get what you are saying. Reynolds probably supports the writers, too. Hopefully the strike is over soon. You can always reshoot scenes, too!
Even better… since he’s in a faceless mask, most of his ad-libbing can be done in ADR in post which will be months from now when the strike is over.

Hopefully.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if I had to take a stab at this movie I would say that the TVA from Loki arrests Deadpool due to rewriting a bunch of timelines so he has to go kill a bunch of variants. Some of them he ends up saving.

Basically Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fully expect some hilarious deaths, which is why we are seeing so many people signing up. The Wolvie / Deadpool fight will be worth the price of admission alone

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that can be fun, but I can easily see them using Deadpool simply to "clean up" the crap they've been throwing on screen recently. I'm not interested in that.
I doubt it. That would seem to be more of a serious take on the Verse and the previous two films would indicate to me he is going to wreak havoc but in a fun way.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I doubt it. That would seem to be more of a serious take on the Verse and the previous two films would indicate to me he is going to wreak havoc but in a fun way.
To clarify, I want Deadpool to have nothing to do with connecting much to the broader Marvel 'verse, because a weakness of these movies is bending over backwards to connect. I want the Merc with the Mouth to just do his thing.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To clarify, I want Deadpool to have nothing to do with connecting much to the broader Marvel 'verse, because a weakness of these movies is bending over backwards to connect. I want the Merc with the Mouth to just do his thing.
Oh...gotcha. I want the opposite but I also want it to happen on Dead Pool terms so to speak. I do want it connected but I don't want it dependent.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am getting tired of the meta verse thing, although I did enjoy Spiderman into the Metaverse! It's seems at times a lame prop for script writing. A super hero dies. No wait he's back next week because we saw the superhero from Earth 87 die, not Earth 33!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am getting tired of the meta verse thing, although I did enjoy Spiderman into the Metaverse! It's seems at times a lame prop for script writing. A super hero dies. No wait he's back next week because we saw the superhero from Earth 87 die, not Earth 33!

That's just comics. The problem is the MCU has been around long enough that they're faced with real world problems of actors aging out, contract disputes, etc and we're seeing them have to compensate for that in the films. There's no great way to tackle those issues while trying to maintain a coherent cinematic universe.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read an article that says.....

This movie basically visits all the Fox movies that people hated....on purpose......this could be hilarious.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard