Rams at Cardinals gameday thread 9-25-22

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will not tolerate Connor libel. Fans got memory of a goldfish.

Even if he ONLY stole those TD's in your mind, nothing is given in the NFL, especially short yardage TD's and especially us converting them.
Well he’s a slow, plodding, & overall mediocre RB. I’m not forgetting anything. I especially won’t forget signing him to a top 10 RB contract despite averaging 3.7 YPC last year.

Playing with “toughness” or “heart” or whatever else that has nothing to do with production doesn’t matter to me.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well he’s a slow, plodding, & overall mediocre RB. I’m not forgetting anything. I especially won’t forget signing him to a top 10 RB contract despite averaging 3.7 YPC last year.

Playing with “toughness” or “heart” or whatever else that has nothing to do with production doesn’t matter to me.
Put his heart in Kyler's body, as well as Colt's brain, and then we'd have a worthy quarterback.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will not tolerate Connor libel. Fans got memory of a goldfish.

Even if he ONLY stole those TD's in your mind, nothing is given in the NFL, especially short yardage TD's and especially us converting them.
Agreed. He was definitely no slam dunk in the department of being head and shoulders better than Connor. They both complemented each other which made each of the prospective values even higher.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
And the Cardinals didn’t?
They did too, but the Rams potential to blow out the Cards was higher, IMO. But it doesn't really matter, does it? Winning in the NFL is hard and so any win, no matter how ugly, is great.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
James Conner now has 90 yards rushing through 3 games after signing a top 10 RB contract.

Zach Ertz now has 134 yards receiving and hasn't come down with end zone throws that hit his hands in consecutive weeks after signing a top 10 TE contract.

Early ROI on those contracts is pretty weak.
I wont blame connor, that guy does all the dirty work and tough yards. He did as well as he could today. He has so many 4th and 1 conversions since hes been here. Yet that only show up as 1 or 2 YPC

Plus, isnt he on a 1 year deal? Can say hes paid as a top back but its only 1 year deal so its not quite the same

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Or, it proves how deceptive stats can be. The only reason this wasn't a blow out, was because the Rams shot their own foot, several times... But a win, is a win.
Hey, Loyal Ram, always a pleasure to read your posts. Perhaps the Cards padded their stats. in garbage time? Regardless, I envy you—you have a great HC!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wont blame connor, that guy does all the dirty work and tough yards. He did as well as he could today. He has so many 4th and 1 conversions since hes been here. Yet that only show up as 1 or 2 YPC

Plus, isnt he on a 1 year deal? Can say hes paid as a top back but its only 1 year deal so its not quite the same
He signed a 3 YEAR DEAL this off-season.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wait aren’t you the guy that says your happy every single time a player gets “their money” and will always side with them?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait aren’t you the guy that says your happy every single time a player gets “their money” and will always side with them?
Explain what one has to do with the other? I know how you are so what your next reply will be, I won’t be surprised.

I’m happy he got his money, as I always am, I wish he would have gotten it from someone else. Just like I was with Christian Kirk.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Explain what one has to do with the other? I know how you are so what your next reply will be, I won’t be surprised.

I’m happy he got his money, as I always am, I wish he would have gotten it from someone else. Just like I was with Christian Kirk.
Ok that’s fair… and a solid answer actually. It didn’t make sense to me but that makes sense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Dude beat cancer and worked his ass off for his NFL shot. Love that he got paid. Wish it was not my team that paid it to him.