Zach Allen

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

A lot of people give this guy grief regardless of what people say about him and how effective he is as a player. So @BritCard posted and was getting buried in the game thread. Zach now has his own thread. :)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What is really funny is that we actually have a decent group of defensive players just not any superstars. Murphy is a good CB. Both our S are very good. Allen is a good player. Our idiot GM just decided to draft ILBs and 1,000 failed WRs instead of CBs, EDGE players and DL. But don't worry, I am sure he will trade a draft pick for a vet on an expiring deal in a couple weeks.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is really funny is that we actually have a decent group of defensive players just not any superstars. Murphy is a good CB. Both our S are very good. Allen is a good player. Our idiot GM just decided to draft ILBs and 1,000 failed WRs instead of CBs, EDGE players and DL. But don't worry, I am sure he will trade a draft pick for a vet on an expiring deal in a couple weeks.

Baker is pretty much a superstar

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its true

but as the games tick by --- the players risk goes down, so the $ go up.
That is absolutely true.

My guess is Murphy gets tagged and Allen walks and all of a sudden becomes treated as totally expendable by those championing him right now so they can fall back into the party line.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That is absolutely true.

My guess is Murphy gets tagged and Allen walks and all of a sudden becomes treated as totally expendable by those championing him right now so they can fall back into the party line.
I won't. I've been an Allen fan for a while now. He was good last year too.

What's scary is that Watt AND Allen are not under contract next year.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
All that said, if the Panthers are out of it I am prepared to offer a haul for Brian Burns.
thats a good target Chop

interesting: the Panthers picked up his option for 2023.

But: the Panthers are $20mm over the cap in 2023(!!) with only 38 players under contract -- AND -- 0 starting QBs on the roster (!!!!) (both Mayfield and Darnold are in the last year of their contracts in 2022)

Clearly teams have shown they can move $ around pretty easily, but still...

an extension for Burns would be the smart move, but the Panthers may fire everyone down from the owner and start over....

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Can't they still be extended?
Many players won't negotiate during the season because they feel it is a distraction. I don't know if that is the case for these two. The overall point is that both players are showing a continuation of what they showed last year. At some point, all Keim is doing is costing the team more dollars similar to the Kyler situation by waiting.

Like, Murphy's agent is going to bring up his client shutting down Davante Adams in any convo moving forward.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He’s been playing like this before last week
As had Murphy.

All offseason we heard on this board how terrible the Cardinals CBs were. Murphy has been a good player for a bit now, dating back to his 2nd season.

Once Hamilton is back and Mullen is up to speed, the CB room will sudden look decent.

Allen and Lawrence are 2/3s of a decent unit. I'd think the Cardinals will consider a DL in round one next year. If Allen isn't resigned, the DL is going to be a major worry. I bet Thomas slides into the DL rotation as well at some point.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose