17.7 million left to spend....what do you hope the Cardinals do with the remaining monies?

Where do go with the rest of cap space

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
8Thu, Oct 28vs
You must be registered for see images attach
Green Bay
L24-217-1Murray 274Edmonds 30Hopkins 66
9Sun, Nov 7@
San Francisco
W31-178-1McCoy 249Conner 96Kirk 91
10Sun, Nov 14vs
Carolina
L34-108-2McCoy 107Conner 39Kirk 58
11Sun, Nov 21@
Seattle
W23-139-2McCoy 328Conner 62Ertz 88
12BYE WEEK
13Sun, Dec 5@
Chicago
W33-2210-2Murray 123Conner 75Conner 36
14Mon, Dec 13vs
Los Angeles
L30-2310-3Murray 383Murray 61Green 102
15Sun, Dec 19@
Detroit
L30-1210-4Murray 257Edmonds 53Kirk 94
16Sat, Dec 25vs
Indianapolis
L22-1610-5Murray 245Murray 74Edmonds 71
17Sun, Jan 2@
Dallas
W25-2211-5Murray 263Edmonds 53Kirk 79
18Sun, Jan 9vs
Seattle
L38-3011-6Murray 240Conner 52Ertz 84

I could us as 4-6 down the stretch. How's your math in fantasy land?

The bit where we were 10-2. The downturn clearly starts in week 14.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both things can be true. Also, how many games is DHop going to start in the first half of this season?

No. Both things can't be true.

"Over half the season they weren't good" is flat out wrong.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
8Thu, Oct 28vs
Green Bay
L24-217-1Murray 274Edmonds 30Hopkins 66
9Sun, Nov 7@
San Francisco
W31-178-1McCoy 249Conner 96Kirk 91
10Sun, Nov 14vs
Carolina
L34-108-2McCoy 107Conner 39Kirk 58
11Sun, Nov 21@
Seattle
W23-139-2McCoy 328Conner 62Ertz 88
12BYE WEEK
13Sun, Dec 5@
Chicago
W33-2210-2Murray 123Conner 75Conner 36
14Mon, Dec 13vs
Los Angeles
L30-2310-3Murray 383Murray 61Green 102
15Sun, Dec 19@
Detroit
L30-1210-4Murray 257Edmonds 53Kirk 94
16Sat, Dec 25vs
Indianapolis
L22-1610-5Murray 245Murray 74Edmonds 71
17Sun, Jan 2@
Dallas
W25-2211-5Murray 263Edmonds 53Kirk 79
18Sun, Jan 9vs
Seattle
L38-3011-6Murray 240Conner 52Ertz 84

I could us as 4-6 down the stretch. How's your math in fantasy land?

"Down the Stretch" is a sports idiom that means towards the end of the game or sports season. It originated from horse racing. Dave Johnson would famously call "AND down the STRETCH they come" in that last straightaway known as the home stretch. That last straightaway is approximately the last eighth of the track.

So I would say "down the stretch" for a football season would be the last 2-3 games of the season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
"Down the Stretch" is a sports idiom that means towards the end of the game or sports season. It originated from horse racing. Dave Johnson would famously call "AND down the STRETCH they come" in that last straightaway known as the home stretch. That last straightaway is approximately the last eighth of the track.

So I would say "down the stretch" for a football season would be the last 2-3 games of the season.
That just makes it worse, finishing 4-7.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Both things can't be true.

"Over half the season they weren't good" is flat out wrong.
We were 4-7 for the last 61% of the season. That’s more than half of the season. And during that “not good” stretch, got killed OFTEN during the lost to bad/atrocious teams.

How is that not “not good”?

The reality is they were amazing for 7 games and then they were just bad for the last 11. You can’t argue with a 4-7 record which encompasses the majority of games played.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We finished the season 4-7. Spin it how you will.

You are literally spinning it by including a stretch of games from week 8 to week 12 that we went 3-2. By including games from a span where we were 10-2. Games where we beat the Niners and Seahawks on the road with no Nuk and Kyler.

I know the darksiders love a nice big ol' plate of crap to feast on but this is a new low. Pure rewriting of history.

Was it not bad enough for y'all that we sucked through the last 5 that you had to extend it to "over half the season"?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were 4-7 for the last 61% of the season. That’s more than half of the season. And during that “not good” stretch, got killed OFTEN during the lost to bad/atrocious teams.

How is that not “not good”?

The reality is they were amazing for 7 games and then they were just bad for the last 11. You can’t argue with a 4-7 record which encompasses the majority of games played.

We were 10-2 for the first 70% of the season.

I win. 70% beats 61%. See how this works?

Or maybe there were 7 games we were great. 5 games we were still good, especially considering the injuries we had and 5 games were were mostly horrible.

But "most of the season we weren't good" is pure delusion.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
We were 10-2 for the first 70% of the season.

I win. 70% beats 61%. See how this works?

Or maybe there were 7 games we were great. 5 games we were still good, especially considering the injuries we had and 5 games were were horrible.
We went from 7-0 to 11-7, including that playoff drubbing. That is a terrible collapse that encompassed a 4-7 finish over 11 games. Who cares if we had a barely above .500 stretch in there. 4-7 over 11 games. See how that works?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We went from 7-0 to 11-7, including that playoff drubbing. That is a terrible collapse that encompassed a 4-7 finish over 11 games. Who cares if we had a barely above .500 stretch in there. 4-7 over 11 games. See how that works?

Yeah I see how it works. I see you are taking a stretch we had a 60% winning record (60% = 10+ wins) and tagging it on to stretch we had a 20% winning record so you can fabricate an idea that we were "not good for over half the season".

Serious dude, I really do like you and appreciate your opinions, but this is a whole new level of delusion I think best dropped. It's weird.

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah I see how it works. I see you are taking a stretch we had a 60% winning record (60% = 10+ wins) and tagging it on to stretch we had a 20% winning record so you can fabricate an idea that we were "not good for over half the season".

Serious dude, I really do like you and appreciate your opinions, but this is a whole new level of delusion I think best dropped. It's weird.
I don't agree with you (it's clearly not just me, either) so I'm deluded. Not only am I deluded, it's a new level of delusion, connoting I've been delusional before. You're not being very clever in trying to be insulting here. The arrogance is appalling.

What's delusional is acknowledging we lost almost twice as many games as we won for over half the season and trying to spin that in a positive way. Sure, if you look at 10-2 in a vacuum, fans would snap your hand off to be at that record again this season--without knowing the rest of the story. The rest of the story sucked, and it started well before the 13th game with a drubbing by the Carolina Panthers. Unless you think the division is won mid-season, the "accomplishment" you're crowing about means absolutely nothing.

This is why IDGAF how good we look early in the season, or in the middle of the season. I'll be happy, sure, but I'll temper that enthusiasm because we have been burnt to a crisp before. Until this team shows me it can do literally anything in a clinching game, I will doubt them.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't agree with you (it's clearly not just me, either) so I'm deluded. Not only am I deluded, it's a new level of delusion, connoting I've been delusional before. You're not being very clever in trying to be insulting here. The arrogance is appalling.

What's delusional is acknowledging we lost almost twice as many games as we won for over half the season and trying to spin that in a positive way. Sure, if you look at 10-2 in a vacuum, fans would snap your hand off to be at that record again this season--without knowing the rest of the story. The rest of the story sucked, and it started well before the 13th game with a drubbing by the Carolina Panthers. Unless you think the division is won mid-season, the "accomplishment" you're crowing about means absolutely nothing.

This is why IDGAF how good we look early in the season, or in the middle of the season. I'll be happy, sure, but I'll temper that enthusiasm because we have been burnt to a crisp before. Until this team shows me it can do literally anything in a clinching game, I will doubt them.

I mean there is you, and there is Cheesebeef, hardly a consensus.

It's evident from your previous post you are twisting facts. You say "barely above 50%" when we went 60% between 8 and 12. That's playoff form.

You win 3 out of 5 all season and you make the playoffs.

So to you, a 12 game stretch that was playoff form all the way is now only a 7 game stretch that was good and the other 9 game run was bad? This is delusion.

But let's see.

Let's have a poll.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really can't think of anyone decent but Marcus Peters who might be available by trade. It's not like the league is dripping with quality starter CB's to the point teams can spare one. If anything most teams are weak at the position.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Reaction score
I mean there is you, and there is Cheesebeef, hardly a consensus.

It's evident from your previous post you are twisting facts. You say "barely above 50%" when we went 60% between 8 and 12. That's playoff form.

You win 3 out of 5 all season and you make the playoffs.

So to you, a 12 game stretch that was playoff form all the way is now only a 7 game stretch that was good and the other 9 game run was bad? This is delusion.

But let's see.

Let's have a poll.
lol We had a 4-7 stretch, which is the majority of the games in the season. That is far from playoff form, and happens to be the last 11 games of the season. Facts. The only delusion is that you're trying to bury the old saying "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics."

So, instead of saying agree to disagree, I will say let's agree to migrate this discussion to the brand new poll thread you started lol

And, because we're both fans, Let's Go Cards!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Cincy finished their last 10 games at ......5-5

SF had a 4-6 stretch during the season

KC had a 2-4 stretch during the season

as noted, Rams had a 4-4 stretch

of course, those teams had playoff runs that made those stretches distant memory.

Does parsing records during stretches of the season mean anything, or predict anything for this coming season?

I think it only matters if wins were run up against terrible teams or by one score while losses were to good competition / multiple scores.

That wasn't the case with the Cards last year.

for me, I wont fully trust this team until they play well in the playoffs. im still optimistic though

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Cincy finished their last 10 games at ......5-5

SF had a 4-6 stretch during the season

KC had a 2-4 stretch during the season

as noted, Rams had a 4-4 stretch

or course, those teams had playoff runs that made those stretches distant memory.

Does parsing records during stretches of the season mean anything, or predict anything for this coming season?

I think it only matters if wins were run up against terrible teams or by one score while losses were to good competition / multiple scores.

That wasn't the case with the Cards last year.

for me, I wont fully trust this team until they play well in the playoffs. im still optimistic though
The first is a very good point, and the latter is a well-stated opinion, IMO. What I and others find concerning about last season--specifically the latter half of the season--is the trend it seems to represent. I'm hoping we break that trend this season, but we tend to fade. On your second bolded point, I'm half in agreement. I won't fully trust this team for a long time. Unfortunately, I'm pessimistic about our chances. Shocking, I know :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Imagine deciding to voluntarily stake out the position than the end of the Cards 2022 season Wasn’t That Bad If You Think About It.

Imagine.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really can't think of anyone decent but Marcus Peters who might be available by trade. It's not like the league is dripping with quality starter CB's to the point teams can spare one. If anything most teams are weak at the position.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Johnny venerable came up with another. Greedy Williams.

Only started 8 games last year despite playing in all. they have Ward and Newsome. they like martin Emerson they just drafted in the 3rd. They have safeties that can play Nickel too. They also have AJ Green.

Williams has been the odd man out there and after 2 season they could well look to recoup something and move on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose