17.7 million left to spend....what do you hope the Cardinals do with the remaining monies?

Where do go with the rest of cap space

• Total voters

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dt e cb
Don't have an idea if any players left are worth a contract
Two of the Free Agents that I thought that the Cards might be interested in are still available but have warts:

CB Kevin King

WR Will Fuller

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard the cap space should even be higher with Murray's signing today. Didn't hear the amount.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I voted edge but CB is about the same. I still cannot believe that this team has done zero to address the loss of Chandler Jones and now the tragic loss of Gladney (assuming he was going to be a starter). They have pretty much sat on their hands this offseason.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
what if i told you the Cards had even more than the $14.5mm?

today's $14.5mm is the top 51 paid players. the bottom of that 51 are guys making rookie minimums -- $900k or so

if the Cards sign a guy for a $2.5mm cap hit -- he counts in the top 51, but also bumps the last $900k guy out of the top 51. So cap space used is only $1.6mm ($2.5 less $900k)

teams also get some cap relief for signing vets -- so the $ go even further

net/net: for this time of year, Keim can add depth at CB, DL and OL and still have plenty of $ left over

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what if i told you the Cards had even more than the $14.5mm?

today's $14.5mm is the top 51 paid players. the bottom of that 51 are guys making rookie minimums -- $900k or so

if the Cards sign a guy for a $2.5mm cap hit -- he counts in the top 51, but also bumps the last $900k guy out of the top 51. So cap space used is only $1.6mm ($2.5 less $900k)

teams also get some cap relief for signing vets -- so the $ go even further

net/net: for this time of year, Keim can add depth at CB, DL and OL and still have plenty of $ left over
Normally Keim starts the season with 7/8 mil left

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Never really liked Suh...

But he is about the only option now.

Billy Price is a legendary *******, but he would be a great backup center...

Robert Alford knows the system and plays well when healthy.

Suh...8mil
Price...5mil
Alford...2.5mil

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
CB should be the only rational answer. You should be able to get a Keim Time Sign with that money. I'd prefer to bolster the DL, but right now we have Byron Murphy and Marco Wilson and... playing two safeties with Isaiah Simmons in coverage and hoping no one notices.

It's pretty bleak.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Suh...8mil
Price...5mil
Alford...2.5mil

Well, I can only imagine not liking SUH is a personal thing because he's one hell of a football player who's grossed $166m over his career. $8/10m is probably about right, but there are a few other interior ageing vets who may fit the bill: Linval Joseph, Brandon Williams, Star Lotulelei and perhaps, Jason Pierre-Paul if he can play 3-4 D-end. No one is paying a backup centre $5m. A return of Alford would be satisfactory, but there's also Trae Waynes, whose last few years have been plagued by hamstring pulls and Covid; Chris Harris, Kevin King, Janoris Jenkins, Joe Haden and many more.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well, I can only imagine not liking SUH is a personal thing because he's one hell of a football player who's grossed $166m over his career. $8/10m is probably about right, but there are a few other interior ageing vets who may fit the bill: Linval Joseph, Brandon Williams, Star Lotulelei and perhaps, Jason Pierre-Paul if he can play 3-4 D-end. No one is paying a backup centre $5m. A return of Alford would be satisfactory, but there's also Trae Waynes, whose last few years have been plagued by hamstring pulls and Covid; Chris Harris, Kevin King, Janoris Jenkins, Joe Haden and many more.

... paying price is about locking him in for more than 1 season.....
If Hudson really was considering retirement we have to prepare. Relying on a rookie next year isnt a good option.

Suh is dirty...helluva player, but i prefer guys that dont stomp on opposing players while they are on the ground.

Alford will come cheaper than those other guys and he already knows the system.
We dont need a DE, we need an NT, standard DT at worst

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said DL since it includes both inside and out.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a reason Suh isn't signed. He didn't look that good last season. IMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Suh...8mil
Price...5mil
Alford...2.5mil

I don't see Price breaking vet min.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Robert Alford $1.5m
Sheldon Richardson $3.5m

At Edge it's slim pickings put if we can buy low I like the upside long shot potential of Tak McKinley and Anthony Barr. McKinley would be my preference at 26. That room needs some more vet experience. He might not even make it through camp if the rookies play well but I'd rather have the option.

Tak McKinley $3.5m.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I’d take Suh and I suppose Alford if no one else comes available. I’m okay with a trade.