17.7 million left to spend....what do you hope the Cardinals do with the remaining monies?

Where do go with the rest of cap space

• Total voters

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
As already said. Just in the last year there is Rasul Douglas and Antonio Hamilton.
Lol, these are back end of the roster players, guys that you churn from 48-53, not guys you rely on to make an impact.

On top of that, these are the kind of guys that you can plug into a GOOD D, and they'll perform. We need high end starters. We have like 3 of those on the entire D!

Also - imagine crowing about Antonio Hamilton as some example of success. Guy has done NOTHING in the NFL.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol, these are back end of the roster players, guys that you churn from 48-53, not guys you rely on to make an impact.

On top of that, these are the kind of guys that you can plug into a GOOD D, and they'll perform. We need high end starters. We have like 3 of those on the entire D!

Also - imagine crowing about Antonio Hamilton as some example of success. Guy has done NOTHING in the NFL.

Sorry, I missed the part where anyone said that Ross Cockrell was P2 reincarnated. I thought I said he was "solid". You know, with him having 50 starts, 100 games and a number of good seasons in his career.

Also, Rasul Douglas started 9 of 12 games he was in GB last year. He had two defensive TD's. 13 PD's and a FF. He's not a backend roster guy. They just signed him to a 3 year $21m deal after getting cut by the Eagles last year, picked up and released by the Panthers, picked up and released by the Raiders, picked up and released by the Texans, picked up on the Cardinals PS and eventually signed off our PS by Green bay.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Sorry, I missed the part where anyone said that Ross Cockrell was P2 reincarnated. I thought I said he was "solid". You know, with him having 50 starts, 100 games and a number of good seasons in his career.
The sad thing is, he's probably an upgrade on what we have, but that's more an indictment of our current talent than an endorsement of the "pick up others trash" strategy.
Also, Rasul Douglas started 9 of 12 games he was in GB last year. He had two defensive TD's. 13 PD's and a FF. He's not a backend roster guy. They just signed him to a 3 year $21m deal after getting cut by the Eagles last year, picked up and released by the Panthers, picked up and released by the Raiders, picked up and released by the Texans, picked up on the Cardinals PS and eventually signed off our PS by Green bay.
Siri - define journeyman.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The sad thing is, he's probably an upgrade on what we have, but that's more an indictment of our current talent than an endorsement of the "pick up others trash" strategy.

Siri - define journeyman.

So we shouldn't upgrade on what we have because you don't deem him talented enough? Seems smart.

Me, I like to bring in any player that makes us better until we find another one that's better than him.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
So we shouldn't upgrade on what we have because you don't deem him talented enough? Seems smart.
lol, yep...you totally got it! My point (which you couldn't have missed more) is that our needs are greater than upgrading the bottom 5 guys. YES, we should try to improve those areas, but it won't matter unless we're getting major help. Can't expect that out of late camp cuts. How hard is this to understand?
Me, I like to bring in any player that makes us better until we find another one that's better than him.
Yay, me too! If only that were our strategy this offseason.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
lol, yep...you totally got it! My point (which you couldn't have missed more) is that our needs are greater than upgrading the bottom 5 guys. YES, we should try to improve those areas, but it won't matter unless we're getting major help. Can't expect that out of late camp cuts. How hard is this to understand?

Yay, me too! If only that were our strategy this offseason.
Which is exactly why I was exasperated in FA, while Brit was touting this exact time of the year when we'll be able to plug the holes that we now, barring a trade, won't be able to plug. Yes, we can churn the lower end of the roster. No, we're not signing 3-4 quality impact starters. Yes, that will keep us from a Super Bowl run.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the end of last year left a nasty taste in your mouth and you've lost all objectivity.

The Cardinals have essentially only lost one player of consequence that they haven't replaced: Chandler Jones. And there are a number of roster options to replace his productivity. A number of positions are probably better too.

No one is talking about a starter at CB. Everyone is talking about CB depth, and a guy like Cockrell has actual seasons of good play.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think the end of last year left a nasty taste in your mouth and you've lost all objectivity.
Well, you're half right. This is a team that made abundantly clear at the end of last year that they didn't have the roster to compete. Not even close. The answer? Mainly sit on their hands. Do you want to win a championship? Do you think moves were made to get us closer to winning this year?
The Cardinals have essentially only lost one player of consequence that they haven't replaced: Chandler Jones.
The ONLY pass rusher than had to be game planned against. Chan is not a superstar, but he was a huge piece of what we're doing. Expecting him to be replaced with the likes of Gardeck/Kennard/mid round rookies is completely neglectful.

Since we lost nobody else of consequence - care to guess who was #1 in snaps and #2 in tackles on the team last year? (Hint - he's no longer on the roster)
And there are a number of roster options to replace his productivity.
Ah, the old 3 nickels equal a quarter - that always works!
A number of positions are probably better too.
Interesting! Where?
No one is talking about a starter at CB. Everyone is talking about CB depth, and a guy like Cockrell has actual seasons of good play.
Gambo is reporting we're looking at starters, as we should be. We have a good slot corner and a bunch of guys that are barely NFL players. At this point with the struggles of Wilson, it's hard to understand why they haven't at least brought Alford back.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Cardinals have essentially only lost one player of consequence that they haven't replaced: Chandler Jones. And there are a number of roster options to replace his productivity. A number of positions are probably better too.

Y’all really need to stop with narrative that it was only the end of last season that wasn’t good.

Truth is we were AWFUL to end the year, but We were 4-6 in our last 10 games. That’s over half the season where they weren’t good.

Also, Krang, you say Jones was the only loss, but when the team was actually good, it also had Alford starting and playing very well. He’s gone as well at a position of dire need. And the first half of the season was helped by the presence of Watt… who is back, but expecting him to make it…

Eh… who cares.

I see 8-9 wins on the season. Would prob be more if Hop wasn’t out the first six games of the year. But that’s a long stretch of season without the offense’s best player and I think we’re gonna have to outscore teams this year with all the holes I see on D.

Stout

Reaction score

Yep, you're still minimizing. You were another one shouting from the rooftops that it would all be okay because we'd get the quality signings in this very part of the offseason. We aren't, and we won't. You just don't have objectivity viewing the state of the roster last season, to end the year, and at this moment. Our roster last season, which is now depleted, despite what you claim, was sorely lacking. It's sorely lacking now and we are in a worse position. But, sure, we'll challenge for the SB lol

Bet the under.

Stout

Reaction score
Y’all really need to stop with narrative that it was only the end of last season that wasn’t good.

Truth is we were AWFUL to end the year, but We were 4-6 in our last 10 games. That’s over half the season where they weren’t good.

Also, Krang, you say Jones was the only loss, but when the team was actually good, it also had Alford starting and playing very well. He’s gone as well at a position of dire need. And the first half of the season was helped by the presence of Watt… who is back, but expecting him to make it…

Eh… who cares.

I see 8-9 wins on the season. Would prob be more if Hop wasn’t out the first six games of the year. But that’s a long stretch of season without the offense’s best player and I think we’re gonna have to outscore teams this year with all the holes I see on D.
Truth hurts.

Stout

Reaction score
By truth do you mean pure fiction?
8Thu, Oct 28vs
You must be registered for see images attach
Green Bay
L24-217-1Murray 274Edmonds 30Hopkins 66
9Sun, Nov 7@
San Francisco
W31-178-1McCoy 249Conner 96Kirk 91
10Sun, Nov 14vs
Carolina
L34-108-2McCoy 107Conner 39Kirk 58
11Sun, Nov 21@
Seattle
W23-139-2McCoy 328Conner 62Ertz 88
12BYE WEEK
13Sun, Dec 5@
Chicago
W33-2210-2Murray 123Conner 75Conner 36
14Mon, Dec 13vs
Los Angeles
L30-2310-3Murray 383Murray 61Green 102
15Sun, Dec 19@
Detroit
L30-1210-4Murray 257Edmonds 53Kirk 94
16Sat, Dec 25vs
Indianapolis
L22-1610-5Murray 245Murray 74Edmonds 71
17Sun, Jan 2@
Dallas
W25-2211-5Murray 263Edmonds 53Kirk 79
18Sun, Jan 9vs
Seattle
L38-3011-6Murray 240Conner 52Ertz 84

I could us as 4-6 down the stretch. How's your math in fantasy land?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is pure BS.

We were 10-2. One of these defeats coming with multiple offensive injuries, including Kyler and Hop, and the other down to a last play miscommunication.

Over half the season... Hilarious.
Both things can be true. Also, how many games is DHop going to start in the first half of this season?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
One of the reasons you can sometimes pick up a marginal starter/solid backup is that some teams have great depth at certain positions and can't keep them all. The Cardinals have seldom, if ever, had that challenge. Or a team knows they can't or won't keep a player and wants to get something. See Zach Ertz.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8Thu, Oct 28vs
Green Bay
9Sun, Nov 7@
San Francisco
10Sun, Nov 14vs
Carolina
11Sun, Nov 21@
Seattle
12BYE WEEK
13Sun, Dec 5@
Chicago
14Mon, Dec 13vs
Los Angeles
15Sun, Dec 19@
Detroit
16Sat, Dec 25vs
Indianapolis
17Sun, Jan 2@
Dallas
18Sun, Jan 9vs
Seattle

I actually did my math wrong.

Counting the playoff game, it was an even worse 4-7 in the last 11 games of the season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

We lost Alford, who before injury was our best corner last season.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
8Thu, Oct 28vs
Green Bay
9Sun, Nov 7@
San Francisco
10Sun, Nov 14vs
Carolina
11Sun, Nov 21@
Seattle
12BYE WEEK
13Sun, Dec 5@
Chicago
14Mon, Dec 13vs
Los Angeles
15Sun, Dec 19@
Detroit
16Sat, Dec 25vs
Indianapolis
17Sun, Jan 2@
Dallas
18Sun, Jan 9vs
Seattle

There were plenty of troubling signs down the stretch! We got destroyed by a 1-11 Lions team, followed by a complete drubbing at the hands of the Hawks (who had nothing to play for), and a playoff game that looked like a D1 vs. D2 first college game of the season.

Once we lost Watt, we lost control of the LOS, and teams could run or pass at will. Have we done anything to make our D better? (Outside of being last in the NFL at spending on our D?)

It's crazy to me that people are apparently ok with the offseason. This was a prime opportunity to jump on a down NFC with a QB at a reasonable salary. Instead we got worse, and sat on our hands.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
8Thu, Oct 28vs
Green Bay
9Sun, Nov 7@
San Francisco
10Sun, Nov 14vs
Carolina
11Sun, Nov 21@
Seattle
12BYE WEEK
13Sun, Dec 5@
Chicago
14Mon, Dec 13vs
Los Angeles
15Sun, Dec 19@
Detroit
16Sat, Dec 25vs
Indianapolis
17Sun, Jan 2@
Dallas
18Sun, Jan 9vs
Seattle

Lol. Ouch.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the Rams had both a 4-4 and a 5-4 stretch during the season where for half the season they were mediocre --

the Cardinal 2008 team proved that playoff performance makes the regular season ups and down disappear

i also remember the 2011 Cardinal team went 7-2 to finish the season and we were all jazzed for the next season..........that ended 5-11