17.7 million left to spend....what do you hope the Cardinals do with the remaining monies?

Where do go with the rest of cap space

• Total voters

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
As solid as Kingsley Keke. There's just some people that will eat everyone's garbage.
@BritCard is 100% correct.

Teams do cut solid veterans around this time to find another team. Depth guys. I disagree that Cockrell would be 2nd best corner though.

He's been meh two years in a row.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the NFL has a lot of strange cap rules but can someone explain to me how we have 17 million in cap space but the Rams have a payroll 70 million higher than ours?
A lot of teams use Voided years to stretch out signing bonuses. So say a player signs a 5 year contract but 2 of those years are void. The player is really only under contract for 3 years but the signing bonus can be spread over 5 years.

Kind of like they did with Aaron Donald:

Dang I didn't realize that Donald is 31 years old already.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@BritCard is 100% correct.

Teams do cut solid veterans around this time to find another team. Depth guys. I disagree that Cockrell would be 2nd best corner though.

He's been meh two years in a row.
Solid cornerbacks just don’t end up on five teams in six years it just doesn’t happen no Flippin way they keep getting rid of him and jettisoning him for a reason

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Solid cornerbacks just don’t end up on five teams in six years it just doesn’t happen no Flippin way they keep getting rid of him and jettisoning him for a reason
LOL yeah ok...

Like I said passed two years he was meh...but in 2019 he was good.

Plenty of players jump from team to team and can still play.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL yeah ok...

Like I said passed two years he was meh...but in 2019 he was good.

Plenty of players jump from team to team and can still play.
Haha Give me a List of players that have been on 5 teams in 6 seasons that are good to solid players please? Especially at the CB position

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
apologies if this is already been posted, but:

Gambo was emphatic yesterday that there will be a trade for a CB after the Ravens pre-season game

level of player, what kind of comp, etc -- no info.

some pure speculation on my part -- based on players that may not be in the plans of the current team, heading into the final year of contract, etc

CJ Henderson, Carolina. They acquired him last year when JC Horn went down. Do they need him this year?

Greedy Williams, Clev. Final year of contract and passed by Denzel Ward and Craig Newsome (both 1st round picks). Ward is coming off an injury, so I dont know.

Jeff Okudah, DET. Coming off an achilles injury, and wasnt great prior. Prior regime drafted him. He doesnt start and Det signed Mike Hughes to play the 3rd spot.
He was talking about a trade for a CB last week, too. Strange that they would be waiting this long to pull the trigger, but maybe they have a couple options.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I literally just posted articles showing how he was good with the Giants and good with the Panthers to the point that NFC contenders Buccaneers picked him up, won a Superbowl, and kept him a 2nd year despite him apparently being garbage...

And in the next few days a good team will no doubt pick him up.

He can play nickel and safety, he's good on ST's. Allow's us to move Murphy outside more. He's exactly the kind of solid vet depth all teams covet.

This forum is so weird sometimes. All this wasted energy over the choice of the word "solid".

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haha Give me a List of players that have been on 5 teams in 6 seasons that are good to solid players please? Especially at the CB position

You yourself have said you like Antonio Hamilton. He's a nearly 30 year old CB on his 4th team in 6 years.

Edit, I lie. He's on his 5th team in 6 years. Was on the Bucs last preseason but was cut.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
vet signings can be good...

but give me the guy who gets cut at 5pm on final cut day.... the dude the team waited till the very last minute to cut because they really didnt wanna let him go.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, I'm sure waiting for all these big signings we were supposed to make with the glut of talent that was going to be available due to us keeping our powder dry.
:sarcasm:
Maybe we do sign some castoff depth-type players, but I recall some posters here totally playing down the holes on our roster because plenty of starting talent would just fall into our laps. Please let me know when that somehow happens.
You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe you remember the cornerback Rasul Douglas? He played for 6 teams in 4 years and now sees playing time for the Green Bay Packers. Not often, but it does happen once in while.

Philadelphia 2017
Carolina 2020
Las Vegas, Houston, Arizona, Green Bay 2021

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
as a follow up: Gambo yesterday again reiterated the trade "for a starting level CB" -- timing will be prior to the next round of cuts

i only pass this along as he was 100% on the trade for an established player thing pre draft.

I think Brit's id of Marcus Peters of the Ravens is a decent one

He is in the last year of a contract with a $10mm cap hit, and the Ravens are a bit low cap space with a Lamar extension looming. They have Kyle Fuller and a 3rd round pick from last year behind Peters.

kinda fits Keim's MO of bargain shopping for good players devalued due to injury concerns

ill also acknowledge grabbing any starting CB at this point in the season is a stretch to understand why any team would part with a starter .....

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
as a follow up: Gambo yesterday again reiterated the trade "for a starting level CB" -- timing will be prior to the next round of cuts

i only pass this along as he was 100% on the trade for an established player thing pre draft.

I think Brit's id of Marcus Peters of the Ravens is a decent one

He is in the last year of a contract with a $10mm cap hit, and the Ravens are a bit low cap space with a Lamar extension looming. They have Kyle Fuller and a 3rd round pick from last year behind Peters.

kinda fits Keim's MO of bargain shopping for good players devalued due to injury concerns

ill also acknowledge grabbing any starting CB at this point in the season is a stretch to understand why any team would part with a starter .....

He said after the Ravens game too. With the Org in town it seems like the timing might be post Ravens to allow the FO's to meet to iron out final details and the Doc's have a look at Peters ACL and work him out without raising any flags in the media.

But also, I expect nothing to happen because Gambo.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Dion Sanders?

:shades:
My first reaction was the same but he's talking about a guy who is left high and dry by the franchise and not because they cannot afford him, or that the guy wants to particularly leave... plus Sanders was never just 'solid' but elite and it was four teams I believe and not five if we want to be ASFN nitpicky :D

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm not going to do the research for you.
Lol, if it's something you truly believe is a thing, you should have a couple examples that easily come to mind.

Relying on finding good players after cuts is a loser strategy, and 9 times out of 10, a failure. (That's probably generous)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lol, if it's something you truly believe is a thing, you should have a couple examples that easily come to mind.

Relying on finding good players after cuts is a loser strategy, and 9 times out of 10, a failure. (That's probably generous)
He made the claim and @BritCard provided examples right off the bat.

For an entire 53 man roster it's not a great strategy, but quite a few teams find players that play big roles at the end of training camp. It happens every year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

As already said. Just in the last year there is Rasul Douglas and Antonio Hamilton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave