Kyler Murray Contract Extended

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was stupid to put that in writing. This should be addressed by COACHING.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I remember when I was young and stupid, I stole the family car and wrecked it.

6 months later they bought me a new corvette and gas card- stipulations were only 100 gallons a week and had to study 1 hour a night (except Friday-sun).

WTAF… wow.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
this might explain a lot of things.

maybe Kliff's simple offense is simple because there is a limit to how much more stuff they can run

maybe things break down late in the year because defenses figure out what Kylers first read is given down/distance/formation -- and take that away.

i find it really interesting that Keim and Kliffs contract extensions pretty much are coterminous with Kylers. Curious if that is a move to empower the head coach relative to the franchise QB.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Super easy to enforce. Keep all game film behind a firewall and require a VPN. You can track IP/Location and time logged in, what's been watched, etc. Companies do this all the damn time. Heck, the playbooks are on those Surface tablets and I bet even that activity can be tracked by the team.
None of this would account for a tv on, video games being played, or the invariable 2nd or 3rd screen.

I get it however. Somehow there must be a way.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This fits the pre-draft buzz. It looks bad but the Cardinals are taking another gamble on Kyler because they feel like he is their best bet to be the answer at QB. Pretty much guarantees he won’t be a hall of fame qb. Pretty thought to get to that level when you have to be paid to study your craft and show up for team functions when you are tasked to be the leader. All that said, Kyler will likely keep the Cardinals relevant in the playoff hunt and maybe make a run or two. Won’t be shocked if he retires around 30.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This was leaked by the Cardinals. It benefits them way more than it does Kyler even if they look like they should not have given him the deal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this might explain a lot of things.

maybe Kliff's simple offense is simple because there is a limit to how much more stuff they can run

maybe things break down late in the year because defenses figure out what Kylers first read is given down/distance/formation -- and take that away.

i find it really interesting that Keim and Kliffs contract extensions pretty much are coterminous with Kylers. Curious if that is a move to empower the head coach relative to the franchise QB.

I don't it's an accident they are all in the same boat.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was leaked by the Cardinals. It benefits them way more than it does Kyler even if they look like they should not have given him the deal.
It wasn’t. Evidently, its on the NFL portal and if you register it can be downloaded. The guys on the radio were talking about it. It wasn’t leaked.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was no "leak". The contract is readily available to be read like any contract at the NFL by those that have access. That includes all the reporters for NFL Network and anyone that has similar media access.

It just took someone to read it.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It wasn’t. Evidently, its on the NFL portal and if you register it can be downloaded. The guys on the radio were talking about it. It wasn’t leaked.
You can download and read any NFL contract? That’s actually pretty interesting.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Super easy to enforce. Keep all game film behind a firewall and require a VPN. You can track IP/Location and time logged in, what's been watched, etc. Companies do this all the damn time. Heck, the playbooks are on those Surface tablets and I bet even that activity can be tracked by the team.
Yeah, what he said.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
oh boy --

K1s contract has provisions / bonuses on offseason work AND in time spent studying

this will make this thead go at least another 20 pages...........

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I can’t help but wonder if that’s a common clause in most top QB contracts? I wouldn’t think so, but I haven’t seen many contracts . . .

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? Ummm practice is over Kyler before you leave the facility here’s a coach to sit with you and do your independent study that’s in your contract? What’s so hard? Before practice even? Logging time and making sure it’s done is hardly something difficult to manage.

The contract says he can't be playing video games or watching TV while doing it, which means they intend for independent study to be alone and away from the facility.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was stupid to put that in writing. This should be addressed by COACHING.

This. Super dumb to put this in a contract everyone can see when, like every other player in the NFL, it should be enforced by coaching.

Putting it in the contract for everyone to see adds nothing that couldn't be done the traditional way.