The Boys (Amazon)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially since Homelander has been sounding a LOT like another fake blonde reality star we know and loathe.
he was happily screwing a Nazi and getting handies from her as she was dying. What is really driven home about that reddit meltdown is that they see themselves as Homelander... which is why they thought he'd end up the hero. Pieces of garbage never see themselves as garbage.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I know this is getting into P&R territory, but apparently there was a meltdown on The Boys subreddit from right wingers who were hoping Homelander would have a redemption story arc and now realize he is the actual villain.

Honestly there was more talk of meltdown than a meltdown. It had to do mostly with Blue Hawk more than Homelander also.

That sub has been a mess this season but that's Reddit for the most part. They talk about drama taking place more than there is actual drama occurring.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Honestly there was more talk of meltdown than a meltdown. It had to do mostly with Blue Hawk more than Homelander also.

That sub has been a mess this season but that's Reddit for the most part. They talk about drama taking place more than there is actual drama occurring.

Fair enough. I don’t use Reddit

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So I know this is getting into P&R territory, but apparently there was a meltdown on The Boys subreddit from right wingers who were hoping Homelander would have a redemption story arc and now realize he is the actual villain.
Lol. They’re learning they might be cheering for the villains in real life. That’s freaking rich.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Lol were they up in arms that blue hawk was in the right?!?

Wait, never mind, of course they were. He yells “all lives matter” and “supe lives matter” and says black people are criminals and then gets to use his super powers to oppress and physically assault libs. It’s a wet dream for them.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude this last episode was pretty damn good. So many game changers. Homelander realizing he is vulnerable, people making decisions there is no going back from. Especially, if this plays out the way I think it will. DAMN!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dude this last episode was pretty damn good. So many game changers. Homelander realizing he is vulnerable, people making decisions there is no going back from. Especially, if this plays out the way I think it will. DAMN!
Dammit, SPOILERS! :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Homelander thing was pretty major.
Did you see it? I didn't reveal how, why and it's not that straightforward like finding Kryptonite for Superman. Like I said, probably should have put that part in spoiler tags anyway. Now that you quoted it, I can't go back and change it.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, it was pretty obvious we were going to find that out sooner than later also. There are 3 episodes left this season, 2 after this weeks. This was sort of the big build prior to the finale. Setting up a lot of angles.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Homelander has to be worried. Now he knows between compound V and Soldier Boy they could have killed him. That's a huge dynamic shift to think you are invisible and now know you were moments away from death. Also, Homelander doesn't forgive. Now that he knows Butcher and Huey are using compound V and tried to kill him? They have to keep using it? If they don't they are dead! What about Starlight? She just outed Homelander and Vought.

So many game changers IMO that there is no coming back from. Makes me wonder where they are going for the rest of the season and beyond.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Did you see it? I didn't reveal how, why and it's not that straightforward like finding Kryptonite for Superman. Like I said, probably should have put that part in spoiler tags anyway. Now that you quoted it, I can't go back and change it.
No I haven’t seen it yet.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how Homelander views Huey and Butcher now. Obviously he knows they have powers but he does know about the 24 hour V or would he think they're permanently juiced. That makes a difference in how he'll approach them.

I have a feeling Butcher will look for a permanent V fix for himself. He knows he's screwed going forward if hes not jacked. Plus with Maeve gone, his supply for 24V has dried up.

I don't see Huey going for a permanent change or Butcher letting him do that.
I'm also really curious where Maeve is. Obviously Homelander did something but I don't think she's dead.
Also Annie/Starlight's story will be interesting. Will the public take her at her word? I could see her announcement dividing the nation, similar to the real world. The show has a different dynamic though as it seems their US is more united.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how Homelander views Huey and Butcher now. Obviously he knows they have powers but he does know about the 24 hour V or would he think they're permanently juiced. That makes a difference in how he'll approach them.

I have a feeling Butcher will look for a permanent V fix for himself. He knows he's screwed going forward if hes not jacked. Plus with Maeve gone, his supply for 24V has dried up.

I don't see Huey going for a permanent change or Butcher letting him do that.
I'm also really curious where Maeve is. Obviously Homelander did something but I don't think she's dead.
Also Annie/Starlight's story will be interesting. Will the public take her at her word? I could see her announcement dividing the nation, similar to the real world. The show has a different dynamic though as it seems their US is more united.
That's my sentiment in my spoilers regarding both though. I don't see how either could be safe ever again.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Not the season finale I expected, but still pretty good. This was a great season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought this was consistently better than season 2 for sure. Loved the addition of Jensen Ackles and the ambiguity of his character.

And this is certainly the most overt representation of the political divide in this country on a tv show.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I thought this was consistently better than season 2 for sure. Loved the addition of Jensen Ackles and the ambiguity of his character.

And this is certainly the most overt representation of the political divide in this country on a tv show.
Merica!

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was a good season but….

I really hope showing that Homelandear can be hurt takes the show in a new direction. This everybody cowering in front of Homelander is getting really old after two season. OK. We get it. The other thing that worries me is the son. Are we going to get a Brightburn rehash? Seems like where this is headed. I have some worries about where this show is headed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose