Suns Off-season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If the Suns trade Ayton for players and draft picks they need to look at drafting a point guard whether it be this draft or next.

Suns cannot afford to pass on a point guard like they did in 2020 if given the opportunity.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Collins is no more of a 5 than Amare was. It'd be nice to have him as a small ball C occasionally but he should spend no less than 75% of his playing time at PF.

Knowing Atlanta wants to move him, is interested in DA, and would also move Capela, I really think that's the team we need to make a deal with. I don't know all the specifics but if we can send out Ayton and get Capela and Collins back then I'd be ok giving up Cam J as well since odds are we won't be able to afford him anyways with all that payroll.
Ayton and cam for capella and collins? That’s making a bad trade terrible imo.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rubio will always have a spot in my Suns heart. He was here for a short time but he was part of the spark that started the fire and he seemed like a really great guy.

Getting Rubio would be a best case scenario for the Suns.
I'm all for Rubio as a backup but I think we probably burnt that bridge. I think he can make more money playing in Spain.
He really is basketball Jesus over there.

Reaction score
I should make clear that I wasn't hinting that the Suns should re-acquire Rubio. It was curiosity. I'm not very interested in acquiring a player who tore his ACL fairly recently and is 31 years old. And would probably want much more money than the Suns would like to pay a backup.

The ideal would be under thirty and substantially bigger than Paul, since those are Paul's limitations--age and size.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should make clear that I wasn't hinting that the Suns should re-acquire Rubio. It was curiosity. I'm not very interested in acquiring a player who tore his ACL fairly recently and is 31 years old. And would probably want much more money than the Suns would like to pay a backup.

The ideal would be under thirty and substantially bigger than Paul, since those are Paul's limitations--age and size.
Too late, if we get him it's all on you.

Seriously, he'd be a nice addition as long as he isn't critical to the roster. As for Paul's size, when he's healthy he makes his size work for him so I'm okay with an undersized PG if he can still run the game like Chris usually can. Unfortunately there are few that can run an offense like CP, whether big or small.

Reaction score
Since Ayton might or might not leave, I now really wish the Suns had thought longer-term by keeping Jalen Smith. That trade yielded results so bad that they might as well have waived Smith for nothing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Ayton might or might not leave, I now really wish the Suns had thought longer-term by keeping Jalen Smith. That trade yielded results so bad that they might as well have waived Smith for nothing.
At least then we wouldn’t have to carry Craig’s contract on the books next year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Patrick Mutombo sounds like a good addition as an assistant coach.

Hopefully he will provide more patience in developing players.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Patrick Mutombo? Of course one immediately wonders whether he's related to Dikembe Mutombo. ...I looked it up and the answer apparently is no.
Mutombo may be like Smith in the Congo. Here's hoping this guy is a "big man" virtuoso? If we still need that this season.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Patrick Mutombo? Of course one immediately wonders whether he's related to Dikembe Mutombo. ...I looked it up and the answer apparently is no.
Yeah, I immediately assumed he was. After all, pro sports is so riddled with nepotism, why wouldn't you?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My gosh. This team is never going to win a title if we trade Ayton, don't get better and are pinning our hopes on stuff like this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My gosh. This team is never going to win a title if we trade Ayton, don't get better and are pinning our hopes on stuff like this.

Actually I'm in favor of holding onto Saric if not exactly counting on him. He doesn't seem to be the kind of player that will be less effective after his recovery and he was a key role player for us when healthy.

Considering he would have little trade value, I think keeping him is the right move unless we find someone to spend that money on. Now, trading Ayton is another story - I agree it appears to be a very shortsighted move if it's really in our immediate future.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

I think the Suns are laying the ground work to keep Super Dario. The Suns could do worse as a backup 4/5.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I'm in favor of holding onto Saric if not exactly counting on him. He doesn't seem to be the kind of player that will be less effective after his recovery and he was a key role player for us when healthy.

Considering he would have little trade value, I think keeping him is the right move unless we find someone to spend that money on. Now, trading Ayton is another story - I agree it appears to be a very shortsighted move if it's really in our immediate future.
It's not holding onto per say that is the issue. It's the idea that we can trade Ayton for less and pin our hopes on a guy like Dario to give us a better shot than we did this year at winning a title. It's wishful thinking at best.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh Dario was the answer.

Seriously smh

I do like Dario but he wasn’t going to make a difference.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You’re first round pick is . . . DARIO SARIC?!?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Oh Dario was the answer.

Seriously smh

I do like Dario but he wasn’t going to make a difference.

Dario was 1-0 in 2020-21 Finals.

I'm fine if the Suns keep Saric unless there are better trade options. Also his expiring contract will have value at the trade deadline.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I wonder if the Suns and 76ers would have any mutual interest.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if the Suns and 76ers would have any mutual interest.

Maybe Harris can rejuvenate his career here, we need more scoring and younger but veteran play. He seemed to be budding into a star, but never got over that hump. At his age, he is what he is but still solid. Nevermind his salaray is 36M.

Also green provides some fundamental play as well but seems to have dropped off from what i've seen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Maybe Harris can rejuvenate his career here, we need more scoring and younger but veteran play. He seemed to be budding into a star, but never got over that hump. At his age, he is what he is but still solid. Nevermind his salaray is 36M.

Also green provides some fundamental play as well but seems to have dropped off from what i've seen.

If you are talking about Tobias Harris, he is way overpaid as you mention.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Marcus Weathers, shooting guard, has worked out for the Suns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn