Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi series (Disney+)

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I really enjoy watching the New Rockstars show recap videos.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay… that was the first episode that had me rolling my eyes at a lot of dumb stuff going on.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay… that was the first episode that had me rolling my eyes at a lot of dumb stuff going on.
I liked it but yeah, there was some head scratching moments. A certain guy being PO though? That was pretty cool. Also.........
The Tomb was DARK. I mean, I kind of always figured the Inquisitors and Vader killed the Jedi they hunted down but my gosh. They were like trophies. There was even a youngling. Probably one of the coolest and darkest things I have seen to date in Star Wars. WOW. Also, for Clone Wars fans? One of the Jedi in that tomb was a fan favorite and has big links to Ahsoka Tano. His name was Tera Sinube. The grim prospect of how a fan favorite died now? Like I said...wow. The Marvel like approach at interweaving all the stories is my favorite thing happening with all this stuff.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score

That got to be so dumb. No, don't pay attention to the three foot wide protrusion off my right hip that has feet. Nothing to see here.

I'm still having issues with the fight scene choreography too. All of the light saber work feels lazy like it's casually being moved around and not being swung with purpose. The way no one can touch Obi-wan when he's surround at point blank range is a bit bad too. The concept is fine, it's the execution of it.

And how does not one drop of water make it though that door? We needed some practical effect to go with the CGI there. At least have a guy off camera throw a bucket of water when he crosses the threshold.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That got to be so dumb. No, don't pay attention to the three foot wide protrusion off my right hip that has feet. Nothing to see here.

I'm still having issues with the fight scene choreography too. All of the light saber work feels lazy like it's casually being moved around and not being swung with purpose. The way no one can touch Obi-wan when he's surround at point blank range is a bit bad too. The concept is fine, it's the execution of it.

And how does not one drop of water make it though that door? We needed some practical effect to go with the CGI there. At least have a guy off camera throw a bucket of water when he crosses the threshold.

i literally guffawed when the spy got away from the stromtroopers... by pushing their helmets lightly.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i literally guffawed when the spy got away from the stromtroopers... by pushing their helmets lightly.
Actually, that's an inside joke about them not being able to see out of the helmets. So, pushing them one way or the other? Yeah...they can't see.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, that's an inside joke about them not being able to see out of the helmets. So, pushing them one way or the other? Yeah...they can't see.
Sorry… that’s just stupid.

As was her literally talking into some kind of microphone to Obi-Wan easily within earshot of… oh everyone else in the room. And how exactly did she still have security privileges there? Like the Empire wouldn’t have thought twice about her entire squad murdered in the previous episode yet she was nowhere to be found.

There was way too much stupid in that episode.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This was the worst episode. They’re think leia at age - what, 5 - knows anything of value? And then to insinuate that she does? Stupid. But not as stupid as the lump in obi’s cloak. And man it’s easy to break into vaders lair.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry… that’s just stupid.

As was her literally talking into some kind of microphone to Obi-Wan easily within earshot of… oh everyone else in the room. And how exactly did she still have security privileges there? Like the Empire wouldn’t have thought twice about her entire squad murdered in the previous episode yet she was nowhere to be found.

There was way too much stupid in that episode.
Oh there was still some dumb. Just like them getting very far with Leia under his coat. Yes they got caught but like that wouldn’t have been obvious long before they got there.

If you look at each episode it’s obvious there are a bunch of cooks in the kitchen. Too many. To me the weakness of the show so far is that there are too many writers IMO. I think it’s showing, How else can you explain the awesome mixed in with the ridiculous?!?

It’s basically a 6 hour movie. I think they should have let 1 or 2 writers max write the whole thing. I count 4 so far. In this case less is more.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show started off with such promise…

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This show started off with such promise…

I'm not even commenting on it anymore with how bad it got. I think it's behind Boba Fett now in my rankings. Fett was horrible but at least it had the 2 decent Mando episodes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not even commenting on it anymore with how bad it got. I think it's behind Boba Fett now in my rankings. Fett was horrible but at least it had the 2 decent Mando episodes.
i thought the first two episodes were really strong, 3rd one was okay (I'm actually not a fan of how they're using Vader) but these last two have been groaners.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved tonight’s episode. Thought it was epic. Made up for the meh last episode for me.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest issue is this awesome should have come two episodes ago. If they had this kind of pace through the entire series would have been so much better. Plus, my fear now is that finale can’t possibly top this episode. My hardcore Star Wars buddy just texted almost the same sentiment. He is worried about the finale.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wrong about the finale. It was epic. That last two episodes were phenomenal. IMO, this show was a great success. The middle of the series stumbled a bit but these last two more than made up for it. Almost every single die hard Star Wars fan I know loved it.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I was wrong about the finale. It was epic. That last two episodes were phenomenal. IMO, this show was a great success. The middle of the series stumbled a bit but these last two more than made up for it. Almost every single die hard Star Wars fan I know loved it.

I enjoyed it, but I thought at times the writing was unexplainably lazy. Certain things there were just no excuse for. Overall it was good though, and the final fight was awesome. It was by far at its best when Ewan was on the screen.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There were so many, "what the..." moments that it's hard to give this a thumbs up. The fight was epic, and at least they didn't have Vader stop a spaceship with the force, and not notice another spaceship behind the one in the air.

And Reva was so predictable. Where does she fit in canon since she didn't die? I don't know, it was more "meh" than "yeah!"

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were so many, "what the..." moments that it's hard to give this a thumbs up. The fight was epic, and at least they didn't have Vader stop a spaceship with the force, and not notice another spaceship behind the one in the air.

And Reva was so predictable. Where does she fit in canon since she didn't die? I don't know, it was more "meh" than "yeah!"
Most of the meh things were all minor complaints for me. These last two episodes overall where great IMO.

I didn't really have a huge problem with Reva. The execution could have been better but I had no issue with her.

In terms of Vader and the ship? I believe in the extended universe it's only been seen once or twice. In both cases it takes a TON of energy out of the person doing it. It's likely Vader couldn't have done it so fast again which lines up with how it's been used before. I actually had a much bigger issue with Vader being stopped by flames and not using the force to stop the robot than I did the second ship.

I think for the most part it was a hit. So much so, it has them thinking about a second season.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Most of the meh things were all minor complaints for me. These last two episodes overall where great IMO.

I didn't really have a huge problem with Reva. The execution could have been better but I had no issue with her.

In terms of Vader and the ship? I believe in the extended universe it's only been seen once or twice. In both cases it takes a TON of energy out of the person doing it. It's likely Vader couldn't have done it so fast again which lines up with how it's been used before. I actually had a much bigger issue with Vader being stopped by flames and not using the force to stop the robot than I did the second ship.

I think for the most part it was a hit. So much so, it has them thinking about a second season.
You are simply pointing out how inconsistent the series has been.

At least the Mandalorian has been good, but outside of that, Star Wars is falling way behind Star Trek.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are simply pointing out how inconsistent the series has been.

At least the Mandalorian has been good, but outside of that, Star Wars is falling way behind Star Trek.
We will have to agree to disagree. I have heard a ton more complaints from Star Trek fans. Everything from them skirting cannon, Michael Burnham crying all the time, the tech being inconsistent, redesign of the Klingons again, Picard, the new tone being too dark......the list is almost endless. Heck that's why Strange New Worlds even exists. To try and restore some of the old Star Trek tone.

People have forgotten how to enjoy the ride in both fandoms IMO. Love all the new content from both for the most part. BF to me was the weakest of the bunch but I still enjoyed it. Really looking forward to the new Star Wars shows coming out and the new film by Taika Waititi.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Strange New Worlds is better than anything Star Wars save Mandalorian season 1. Picard season 1 was quite good, season 2 was bad, but I'm looking forward to season 3 where they have the entire Next Gen cast returning.

Discovery is a train wreck, I'll agree. But Star Wars has nothing solid to hang their hat on recently except for Mandalorian and possibly Rogue One. Kenobi had a few good moments, for sure, but overall it was a bore that seems to exist simply to give more screen time to a Kenobi/Vader showdown. Did you have any affinity to any of the other characters in that show? I myself did like Leia most of the time, but the plotting with her in this show is a pretty weak connection to A New Hope.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strange New Worlds is better than anything Star Wars save Mandalorian season 1. Picard season 1 was quite good, season 2 was bad, but I'm looking forward to season 3 where they have the entire Next Gen cast returning.

Discovery is a train wreck, I'll agree. But Star Wars has nothing solid to hang their hat on recently except for Mandalorian and possibly Rogue One. Kenobi had a few good moments, for sure, but overall it was a bore that seems to exist simply to give more screen time to a Kenobi/Vader showdown. Did you have any affinity to any of the other characters in that show? I myself did like Leia most of the time, but the plotting with her in this show is a pretty weak connection to A New Hope.
Strange New Worlds has been a mixed bag for me. The last episode was ridiculous on so many levels. I realize they are still trying to find their voice but so far Season 1 has been hit and miss for me. It's not even close to Mandalorian Season one or Rogue One (although that is a movie). Picard the same. Very uneven writing. Discovery started out really good and now? Uneven. I mean there is nothing Trek that I can point to that has been consistent quality. Not one thing.

I agree though the last season of Picard I am looking forward to with the original cast. However, it's ironic because at the start of Picard they clearly wanted to distance themselves from bringing back too many of the old characters to establish Picard as its own thing. Now they are doing the opposite and going all in.

Having said that? I expect more from Trek in the TV medium because they have been there for so long. Star Wars is new to the medium for live action. Love Mando. BF was uneven. Obi Wan overall pretty damn good and I can't wait for Ashoka and some of the new projects.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose